RealModScene

So, if i understand correctly these scripts are making it easier for us by eliminating the use of a pc to get all these stuff and to copy/ftp it over, correct?

@ Gavin, trainer downloader? That would be awesome. Good luck

@ Dan Mart, awesome work man.. I will try this later when i get back home.

Yes, in a way... they download the skins from a repository, a collected place... similar to how we have a Utility Scripts Repository and a browser for that (on the console) that can download both utility scripts and filters... we also have my Language Pack Downloader, which is a similar thing, it downloads and installs language packs for you...

You can certainly do it manually aswell, it's probably more of a hassle and more error prone tho :)

Hahaha I was thinking this yesterday, If you can do it will be a great job  ;)

It shouldnt be too hard, I just have to get familiar with lua and XUI tool. After that, it should be a piece of cake. Well, I also have to find a place to host all of the files.

@op Just thoujht I would mention, I like the screenshot scene, that is nice. The download bar for the themes needs work, seems to hang at 0%, then will pop up later with a window asking if you want to apply skin. also, found that the call of duty skin didnt download at all. You might also want to include an aurora version clause in the script, so it doesnt allow you to download incompatible skins, and a hash check, to make sure the files that get downloaded arent corrupted, happens alot with wifi connections. Also, do something about the annoying update box, because there is obviously no update, and that pops up every time you run the script. Other than that, keep up the good work.

• Like 1

The download bar for the themes needs work, seems to hang at 0%, then will pop up later with a window asking if you want to apply skin.

That'd be because there isn't actually a callback that gives you updates as to how far into the download you are... which is something we've missed, we added it to the FileSystem part, but not Http... you'll find all the documentation for the scripting here: https://github.com/XboxUnity/AuroraScripts/blob/master/README.md

That'd be because there isn't actually a callback that gives you updates as to how far into the download you are... which is something we've missed, we added it to the FileSystem part, but not Http... you'll find all the documentation for the scripting here: https://github.com/XboxUnity/AuroraScripts/blob/master/README.md

Yeah, I was just going over that...... I feel it could have been a little more documented in some senses. Then again my LUA is way rusty..... it seems to be a cross between VBscript and java script. so it shouldnt be too hard to pick up. as for the XUI stuff, other than changing some text in the plugin, which I did using a text editor, modifying the XUI file, as it is basically XML, I havnt really played with it. Should be a learning experience one way or the other. I still think hash checks would be nice on downloads. in the script. I am assuming the next version of aurora will have a way to monitor download progress in a script, maybe? 

In the latest version of the script i've fixed the update script, but the people with the past version cannot update from script because there was a bug :( so all of you need to update it, sry

TUs alreadh download directly from aurora so i don't see the point.

I putted an md5 check but it failed for some users saying that it was different but it was equal so i removed it. In a future version i will add it when i got time.

I test the scripts that are uploaded to the server so i can approbe it when i check it's compatible with aurora 0.6b. I think you can't check by another way.

The downloads are slow and sometimes if the filesize is high and it exceeds the max time it will fail because it's a free server with unlimited bandwith but i think it's located in Argentina. I don't have the funds to buy a better hosting.

I thinked to make an download-all-without-a-pc script but it will be impossible as my hosting would cause trouble to many :(

I will add an F.A.Q in the website with all the questions of the ppl who asked me on the forum and my fb. Just when i finish my exams season :o

I hope this clarifies several doubts

• Like 4

In the latest version of the script i've fixed the update script, but the people with the past version cannot update from script because there was a bug :( so all of you need to update it, sry

TUs alreadh download directly from aurora so i don't see the point.

I putted an md5 check but it failed for some users saying that it was different but it was equal so i removed it. In a future version i will add it when i got time.

I test the scripts that are uploaded to the server so i can approbe it when i check it's compatible with aurora 0.6b. I think you can't check by another way.

The downloads are slow and sometimes if the filesize is high and it exceeds the max time it will fail because it's a free server with unlimited bandwith but i think it's located in Argentina. I don't have the funds to buy a better hosting.

I thinked to make an download-all-without-a-pc script but it will be impossible as my hosting would cause trouble to many :(

I will add an F.A.Q in the website with all the questions of the ppl who asked me on the forum and my fb. Just when i finish my exams season :o

I hope this clarifies several doubts

TU's for OG Xbox are not on unity. Neither is the DLC, which can no longer be gotten from Xbox Live since 2010. The MD5 check should work fine, though I havnt tested it yet. As for trainers there isnt a script for that yet. I just think that there should be 1 content script you can run and get everything...... I will work it out later, as I have to work tonight. I have 3 days off in a couple of days, and other than deploying the linux build I have been working on for the last week, I have nothing better to do. I also think for ease of use with the next versions of aurora, there should be an aurora version check, so people arent downloading incompatible skins when 0.7b, 0.8b, etc come out. Also, the easy uploader part. That being said, I have ideas, I plan on putting in my script, and since you already have a server set up for skins, it would make sense to just use your framework in my script for the skin part. That being said, I still think hash checks, and version checks should be included, which would involve some changes to the server framework.

• Like 1

I see possible the idea to add backgrounds and coverflow animations to the script, they are lightweight so they're gonna have no problems downloading.

As for adapting my framework to tus and dlc couldn't be possible. As i told before it's an free hosting.

What you can do it's a content downloader with TUs and DLCs in your own website

• Like 2

I'm thinking of getting a hosting not very strong but enough to be able to download and send any type of files quickly except DLCs because it requires something more expensive...

I'm not sure if I'm going to get it yet but when it's the case I'll say.  :sorcerer:

I've been researching and i'm gonna change the hosting for another better but not for tus nor dlcs so this is fast but has not so much bandwidth limit

• Like 1

New script version!

v1.01

• Minor bugs fixed
  • Hash checking
  • Update system fixed
  • Website improved (FAQ finally)

An update is required to download from the website!

If you want to download the new skins you have to update the script, therefore it will fail so the location of the skins have changed

ToDo:

• Backgrounds and coverflow menu for download
  • Website hosting improvement
  • List of skins in website

Feel free to comment :)

• Like 5

New script version!

v1.01

• Minor bugs fixed
  • Hash checking
  • Update system fixed
  • Website improved (FAQ finally)

An update is required to download from the website!

If you want to download the new skins you have to update the script, therefore it will fail so the location of the skins have changed

ToDo:

• Backgrounds and coverflow menu for download
  • Website hosting improvement
  • List of skins in website

Feel free to comment :)

Copy and paste it to the first post if u want more people to notice

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Hey guys,  its awesome you're making use of our utility script feature!   I can't wait to see what else comes out.

I did note the missing functionality for Http download callback and Swizzy is right, we did overlook it.  I'll be adding that in the next version of Aurora.  If you guys have any other requests for features in the utilitys script stuff, let me know.   I'll review it all and see what i can and can't do!

Another function that was overlooked, and would be nice to see in the next version would be Script.DirectoryExist() and FileSystem.DirectoryExist() Those would both be helpful for the script I am working on. Other than that, I think Skin Scripts would be a cool feature for the next version, as the API is there, it would be nice to be able to add scripts to skins, so we could display console info, temperatures, or weather info in a skin, instead of having to manually run a script every time we want that information. Just a couple of thoughts for the next version. :)

• Like 1

What use does DirectoryExist have tho? CreateDirectory already creates any missing folders and doesn't delete anything (if it already exists it's left alone)

Sent from my SM-G903F

It was more for file checks. I didnt realize that the create directory function would leave already existing directories alone. Some programming languages will error out if the directory already exists, so I was assuming that aurora/lua would do that also.

We do have a FileExists function, i use it in the RepoBrowser & LanguagePack Downloader :)

Sent from my SM-G903F

I figured that was for files, and not directories. As I stated, previously in another post, the API is more a list of functions that are available, and not overly documented. So, I am trying to piece it together, while I learn LUA(Which I have never really had a reason to learn). I am sure that I personally will run into a bunch of stupid issues while I learn all of this stuff. lol.  Some more documentation would be helpful, and examples for each function, and how to, and when to use them. Now, I understand this is a lot of work, but I think it would help a lot of people grasp a lot of this better. 

I agree that we could have better documentation, we've written some examples of how things can be done, i'll try to get a few more up there showing how things work...

I will NOT write examples showing how LUA itself work, that's already quite well documented, however... our API functions i can show how they work and how to use them...

Sent from my SM-G903F

That would be very helpful. I dont expect you to document LUA itself, because as you said, there is plenty of documentation on that already, but a nice guide on the API for Aurora, and commented examples of how they work, and when and how to use these functions would be extremely helpful for a lot of people. :)