RealModScene
BestNoob

RealModScene & Unity heavy load, very slow

The website is still loading very slowly, same with unity its hard to use for me.

Can you fix this ?

post-49415-0-73563800-1479850847_thumb.png

• Like 2

The website is still loading very slowly, same with unity its hard to use for me.

Can you fix this ?

attachicon.giftracert_realmodscene.png

We're aware of the problem, and we're trying to look into what the root cause is so we can resolve it...

For me in the loading of this site is very slow and most of the time it presents a sql server error

15133703_760386224100568_1293473685_o.pn

I also have the same problem most of the time 

We're aware of the problem, and we're trying to look into what the root cause is so we can resolve it...

Thank you, thats good to hear. I think its already better now (or it depends on the date/time ?)

Thank you, thats good to hear. I think its already better now (or it depends on the date/time ?)

It depends on the date & time, there was a influx in traffic due to the 17511 update (people looking for new info on hacked kernel)

Sent from my SM-G903F

But today the LiNK Service is overloaded to and often "timed out" and the website is slow and brings up a SQL error only because of the new Aurora Release ??

SQL Error
An error occured with the SQL server:

This is not a problem with the IPS Community Suite but rather with your SQL server. Please contact your host and copy the message shown above.

Like Swizzy said, the problem is well known, please be patient !

Okay i stay patient but that was not the thing i posted for, i wonder about that the LiNK service is affected by this overload ?

Okay i stay patient but that was not the thing i posted for, i wonder about that the LiNK service is affected by this overload ?

Yes, LiNK is effected whenever the server is having trouble keeping up with the traffic...

You also have to realize, that yesterday was thanksgiving in the US, so there are a ton of people sitting at home in the US, with nothing better to do than play video games with their children. I would think that some of the load will be lifted in the next week, just because of that. If I were able to port forward, I would offer to set up a backup server for the site. As it is that isnt an option with my current internet connection. We shall see as my new job progresses, I might look into changing providers, and get on the horn with the higher ups in the scene about hosting a backup server, to help with these issues. 

You also have to realize, that yesterday was thanksgiving in the US, so there are a ton of people sitting at home in the US, with nothing better to do than play video games with their children. I would think that some of the load will be lifted in the next week, just because of that. If I were able to port forward, I would offer to set up a backup server for the site. As it is that isnt an option with my current internet connection. We shall see as my new job progresses, I might look into changing providers, and get on the horn with the higher ups in the scene about hosting a backup server, to help with these issues.

Or seperate the servers.. would be a better option.. less bandwidth on both..

We had long time bevor thanksgiving and to this day the same problems. We had also issues with different functions of the RMS Forum. As an example, the Side didnt show me new Postings, if I`m pressing the Button "View new Connent". I have to choose the IP Board Master Skin, that the Forum highlight new Postings in the Overview for me (see attachment). If I am to employ the maxxdark Forum Skin, it didnt show me new Postings at this time and no other. This still had worked without any issues a few weeks ago. Thats a little bit strange.

post-252-0-99652300-1480278177_thumb.png

• Like 1

Or seperate the servers.. would be a better option.. less bandwidth on both..

And higher costs...

And higher costs...

Use a free hosting service + domain ? Cost around 4$ each month maybe you can get a few donations from the community for this.

Use a free hosting service + domain ? Cost around 4$ each month maybe you can get a few donations from the community for this.

Our host is NOT free, neither is the domain, we have a dedicated server iirc, possibly a VPS, regardless, it's more then a simple website host...

I don't know how much it costs per month as we pay anually (once per year), and i don't remember the amount atm...

Sent from my SM-G903F

I experience since days and weeks and especially today slowness on loading the forums.

Xboxunity is working fine.

Maybe you get ddos attacks?

I never had issues while the forums were even more active in the past years, i dont think its the normal traffic causing this.

DoS didnt have a duration of weeks or months. It can be caused by a number of factors, why a server is not functioning properly.

• Like 1

As soon as it will, one of the responsible Team Member will to pipe up here.

Until then:

Closed.

• Like 3