RealModScene
Maggiechuuu

Problem with updating my 360 dashboard

Hello!

So i've been trying to update my RGH2 Xbox 360 for the past three hours. I've created a NAND dump, transfered it to my computer and proceeded to download xebuild (2.098, to be exact). I have done some research on updating it, but i seem to have a problem with the drop down menu that lets you choose the kernel versions. It only gives me an option to create a custom version, so I go ahead and enter 17511 on the side, then click "Generate hacked image'. It doesn't go very far, because it later asks me to download the version for 2.something because some files were missing (?), which i then click continue, but it then later says that the dashfile cannot be found, and to make sure it is on the list.

Please help!!!

• Like 3

I have just downloaded the latest XeBuild GUI 2.098 from HC. I didnt had any problems, to choose my desired Kernel version in XeBuild GUI 2.098.

xebuildguiaosn9.png

The latest xebuild gui doesnt have 17511 included, Swizzy didnt see any point in updating it, so I released my updated copy of J-Runner. It will work. Also, I suggest the xebuild updserv option, as it is safer, and does the update, and the avatar update. Everything is included in my pack, which can be found here: http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/7531-updated-j-runner/

It includes the latest dash kernel, avatar update, and dashlaunch 3.18.1. It is a bit big because it includes the dash files for all of the previous dashboards also.

• Like 1

I have just downloaded the latest XeBuild GUI 2.098 from HC. I didnt had any problems, to choose my desired Kernel version in XeBuild GUI 2.098.

xebuildguiaosn9.png

My browser has blocked the download from HC, so I am unable to check from there. But the one I downloaded from this website still has the same issues as before  

Sorry i have overseen he want the latest 2.0.17511 Kernel. The new 2.0.17511 isn't currently supported by XeBuild GUI 2.098, like Gavin_darkgilder said. But I thing you didnt need the 2.0.17511 Kernel because, it contains only some fixes for Xbox Live. Its meaningless for JTAG/RGH Users. For offline gaming It won't make a difference if you are using 2.0.17502, or 2.0.17511.

Edit:

XeBuild GUI 2.098 from HC:

greets.

Hello!

So i've been trying to update my RGH2 Xbox 360 for the past three hours. I've created a NAND dump, transfered it to my computer and proceeded to download xebuild (2.098, to be exact). I have done some research on updating it, but i seem to have a problem with the drop down menu that lets you choose the kernel versions. It only gives me an option to create a custom version, so I go ahead and enter 17511 on the side, then click "Generate hacked image'. It doesn't go very far, because it later asks me to download the version for 2.something because some files were missing (?), which i then click continue, but it then later says that the dashfile cannot be found, and to make sure it is on the list.

Please help!!!

You didn't unpack the folder first, there's a file named "dashfiles.xml" that holds the information needed for that list, apart from that, you didn't extract the su from the system update (required for the CF/CG bootloaders and possibly some xex's which may have changed in recent updates...

Also, I suggest the xebuild updserv option, as it is safer

That's debatable, it's safer if you have a stable network (not using wifi) and nothing goes wrong during the transfer process...

Using xeBuild GUI and manually transferring it to the console (via USB for example) and running Simple 360 NAND Flasher is a safer option as you have the full nand there when flashing, not just partial NAND (xeBuild & Dashlaunch flash on-the-fly and a interruption could lead to disaster)

With the manual process, you also always have a backup of the nand, you don't have that when you go updserv (unless you tell it to retain the dump)

I have only had a problem with the updserv option 1 time, and it pertained to being able to change music. Ran it again, and it fixed itself. But I see your point.

The only real "safe" aspect of updserv is that you're not going to fuck it up by feeding incorrect settings, however... options.ini (iirc that's the name) can override build settings also while in updserv (if i remember things correctly)

Sent from my SM-G903F

Good to know. I thought it downloaded the image from the console, and then took the pertinent files(KV,fcrt, smc_config, smc, etc) the created a new image with the files from the current nand image. I did not know about that options.ini and the updserv option. 

You didn't unpack the folder first, there's a file named "dashfiles.xml" that holds the information needed for that list, apart from that, you didn't extract the su from the system update (required for the CF/CG bootloaders and possibly some xex's which may have changed in recent updates...

While the J-runner download is taking place, I've downloaded xeBuild from Mr.Gonzo, and tried again. Not sure what to do with the 'dashfiles.xml' after I've found it. And I couldn't find the system update within the extracted rar.

UPDATE: The drop down menu for selecting the kernel version still only has 'custom', for the xebuild I downloaded from HC.

UPDATE2: I've installed gavin_darkglider's jrunner, and had all the files pop up. Another problem, however, is that after I click on 'Create image' there is an error in the text box that reads '******ERROR: could not open 'xeBuild\17511/_glitch2.ini'

Try running as administrator. It works for me.

Nope, still the same problem. Maybe there's something wrong with my computer...

*Switched to my old computer running windows XP, ran the program as admin, but it still won't open the file. :( WHAT AM I DOING WROOOONNGGG 

FInally figured out what was wrong. All I had to do was run xeBuild from the .rar without extracting the folder. But now yet another error that says there was an error with creating the autosave log. 

FInally figured out what was wrong. All I had to do was run xeBuild from the .rar without extracting the folder. But now yet another error that says there was an error with creating the autosave log.

No, you really should extract the contents of the rar, you should probably NOT use your desktop tho, use a USB drive or something... or run it as an administrator to avoid security issues with more recent versions of windows

To download and install J-Runner first disable your antivirus else you gonna have some problems.

Once installed allow the FireWall exception.

• Like 2