RealModScene
blast1

FSD crash

Hi,

I wanted to re-load games in FSD v775, because I deleted games from HDD via FTP, and FSD is showed these games later in game library.

I read that I should to delete Data folder to clean game database, I did it, thereafter FSD is crashed.

Aurora, Nxe and Xexmenu are working fine.

After I deleted FSD folder and I tried to non official v783 (clean install), but is crashed too.

Maybe FSD is write datas out of FSD folder on HDD?

I believed that FSD clean install will solve my problem and it will re-build database from default state.

What can I do?

Thanks for help,

blast1

• Like 2

Honestly, it's hard to say... it's not supposed to write anything to any directory besides the fsd directory...

FSD isn't particularly stable tho, it crashes alot in my experience, Aurora is way better in that regard...

What functionallity are you looking for? If you are looking for your avatar, or the weather, and game disc copying then sure. Everything else, aurora does, and does it faster and better. Example: Ftp server works better, can create your own filters for different configurations, etc. And you can still use link, which once link v2 is released, that will go out in FSD, no matter what the few people on the net with the code can do, as the freestyle plugin will be a thing of the past. Once the next version of aurora is released, you will be able to script your own weather plugin. 

What functionallity are you looking for? If you are looking for your avatar, or the weather, and game disc copying then sure. Everything else, aurora does, and does it faster and better. Example: Ftp server works better, can create your own filters for different configurations, etc. And you can still use link, which once link v2 is released, that will go out in FSD, no matter what the few people on the net with the code can do, as the freestyle plugin will be a thing of the past. Once the next version of aurora is released, you will be able to script your own weather plugin.

Technically game disc copying is available also in Aurora... just not a direct function to do so...

Sent from my SM-G903F

What functionallity are you looking for?

For example sidebar with infos: temperatures and HDD spaces.

Try using the HTTP server to clean your game database

Please, detail your answer.

I tried official v775 and unofficial v783 clean install too, but crashed both.

For example sidebar with infos: temperatures and HDD spaces.

These options are pointless, first off. The temperature info is on the hud, and hdd spaces are in the file manager. I would assume that these will be able to be added later with the LUA scripting in the next version, and a custom theme. Maybe. even if they arent, Aurora is still the better bet going into the future.

• Like 1

These options are pointless, first off. The temperature info is on the hud, and hdd spaces are in the file manager. I would assume that these will be able to be added later with the LUA scripting in the next version, and a custom theme. Maybe. even if they arent, Aurora is still the better bet going into the future.

Sure, but these are just promises. 0.5b released 1,5 years ago, maybe this project is dead and will be not next version in the future. Of course, I hope that it will be a new version...

Yes. I have seen "freestyle 3" logo, loading and crash.

Ok. Make a new fresh installation of FSD.

I read that I should to delete Data folder to clean game database

Maybe FSD is write datas out of FSD folder on HDD?

Yes. Prepare a USB stick with XeXMenu and FSD 783 on it. Boot from XeXMenu file manager and delete the files content.db and settings.db from the folder Game\Data\Databases at the root of your HDD. Delete your old FSD into HDD. Copy the new one.

Yes. Prepare a USB stick with XeXMenu and FSD 783 on it. Boot from XeXMenu file manager and delete the files content.db and settings.db from the folder Game\Data\Databases at the root of your HDD. Delete your old FSD into HDD. Copy the new one.

Thank you! If I dont see Game folder, where can I set on show hidden folders function?

Thank you! If I dont see Game folder, where can I set on show hidden folders function?

You don't see Game folder at the root of your HDD ?

This isn't a hidden one. It's an internal to FSD to work properly.

Use XeXMenu to delete everything related to your old FSD installation and copy the new FSD to your HDD.

Use XeXMenu to delete everything related to your old FSD installation and copy the new FSD to your HDD.

Game is a virtual path, not a FSD path...

Sent from my SM-G903F

Thanks for the precision :thumbsu:

Yeah, every single app defines the default gateway as "game:" meaning where the default.xex is loaded from..

Basically every folder is the virtual "c:/" drive when u launch a game or an app..

It makes it easier for stuff to be localized within the programming nature of the console.. albeit a stupid ass one.. as it is difficult to include outside sources..

this comes from looking in the sdk docs, and looking at the unofficial retroarch source that includes the rom launch feature..

• Like 1

Yeah, every single app defines the default gateway as "game:" meaning where the default.xex is loaded from..

Basically every folder is the virtual "c:/" drive when u launch a game or an app..

It makes it easier for stuff to be localized within the programming nature of the console.. albeit a stupid ass one.. as it is difficult to include outside sources..

this comes from looking in the sdk docs, and looking at the unofficial retroarch source that includes the rom launch feature..

You can actually mount stuff as a subfolder to game:\ tho (i think)

You can actually mount stuff as a subfolder to game:\ tho (i think)

There is a pain in the ass way.. as the code is in retroarch and other stuff

But i mean it really is a security feature, as that no game/app can have access to more that what is needed, ect.. but yeah.. really is pointless in my opinion, but i didnt create the console, and we are limited to the stuff we have..

Edit: and im pretty sure there is a way.. aurora has the whole hdd avail.. including nand and whatnot lol.. just requires more knowledge the average person can muster up lol

There is a pain in the ass way.. as the code is in retroarch and other stuff

But i mean it really is a security feature, as that no game/app can have access to more that what is needed, ect.. but yeah.. really is pointless in my opinion, but i didnt create the console, and we are limited to the stuff we have..

Edit: and im pretty sure there is a way.. aurora has the whole hdd avail.. including nand and whatnot lol.. just requires more knowledge the average person can muster up lol

It has nothing to do with security, it's also not pointless, it's about making it easier for game developers, not knowing where your game is running from is a blessing as it means you don't have to worry about where a file is located exactly...

Sent from my SM-G903F

I had a customer whom didn't listen to me. I warned him not to put anything in this virtual Game folder. He did though and had exactly the same symptom as the op. FSD crashes since start-tup.

• Like 1

I had a customer whom didn't listen to me. I warned him not to put anything in this virtual Game folder. He did though and had exactly the same symptom as the op. FSD crashes since start-tup.

It's more likely he replaced or deleted some important file...

Sent from my SM-G903F

It's more likely he replaced or deleted some important file...

No i don't think so. He told me that he just put his games in here.

No i don't think so. He told me that he just put his games in here.

Ok, i will explain this again, if you start aurora, aurora's location becomes "game:/"

If you start xexmenu, that location becomes "game:"

Now.. i have seen an issue with xexmenu crashing because of the folder within it being called game.. dunno if this apply to fsd or not..

But yeah.. you cant mess anything up really, by placing stuff in the usual spots.. only when you start messing with stuff, like nand, or w.e.. then it causes crashes

I couldnt see "game" virtual path in Xexmenu (I tried v1.1 and v1.2 too), I can see in FSD, Aurora and via FTP only.

I tried to delete content.db and settings.db files in Aurora, but it didnt allow this operation, cause it was using these files.

Later I tried to install latest version of Aurora and somehow it will be good. Probably it will be overwrite these damaged files. I reconfigured options and scan game library again.

Now, its working fine, but I dont know how :D

Thanks for help!