RealModScene
ninjahun

External HDD wont recognized correctly

Im completely lost.

So, I had to format my 1 TB maxell, external hdd for other things, now that its done, i formatted it back to Fat32, copied only 1 file from my pc: a gta 5 dlc

when i plug it in, aurora notificates me that a new hard drive has been plugged in, and after a refresh and going to the file manager the files wont appear correctly.

For example:

On pc: there is only 1 file on the freshly formatted Hdd: the dlc - 35EA63388DFB83AD82C29955A8CD62CCC5708E3854 like it should be

But then in the aurora file manager there are multiple files like:

mpotent.val          Date: 2002-09-13

ale_free.mod       Date: 2034-03-04               1.1 GB

23'3 ho.le'            Date: 2016-09-28               160 mb

and many other files like this.

post-33005-0-46288100-1478466163_thumb.jpg

I know it is hard to explain and I hope that someone can help me out in this situation.

The hard drive is fully functional on pc. The xbox recognizes it. But the files on it looks weird.

I have tried configuring in the default xbox menu, then of coure my pc wont see it, so then i formatted it to fat, and copied a dlc file to it, and it just wont work.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks a lot!

• Like 3

Its possible that these files maybe are Data garbage from "your other" things. Erase your current partition on your Hdd and create a new one (as primary) and formatted it to Fat32. Your Xbox 360 should recognize your external Hdd.

• Like 1

Hello,

format hhd with HDD LLF Low Level Format Tool (use quick format), then open Windows disk management choose MBR and create new partition, then use Guiformat to format it to FAT32.

That should work, also you can check with crystal disk info if disk is good or not.

Hope this helps.

• Like 2

Hello,

format hhd with HDD LLF Low Level Format Tool (use quick format), then open Windows disk management choose MBR and create new partition, then use Guiformat to format it to FAT32.

That should work, also you can check with crystal disk info if disk is good or not.

Hope this helps.

Thank you Sir! And thanks everyone for the quick response!  I did exactly step by step, and now it is working again, I owe you a beer!   To anyone in trouble, this is the solution.

• Like 2