RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
MinimusMaximus

Of these two methods; which is proper for a F3 install/update?

I'm coming from FSD 2.2 and would like to update to F3 but there appears to be more than one way to update.

An easy way, and a less easy way:

In this video he basically downloads the FSD 3 ISO, rips it to DVD then updates from within FSD 2.2 using the installer.

However...

in this thread:

http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/413-quick-and-easy-way-to-update-your-jtagrgh/

There's quite a few more steps, including copying your CPU Key, a NAND dump and some back and forth dance between PC and JTAG via thumb drive.

Not quite sure which path I should take. I imagine I'm on a earlier nxe dash build since its been about 2 years since I did anything to this console. Do I need to update the dash also?

you should update your freeboot first using that tutorial from the site and then update your FSD to F3 using the Installer .

Have Fun :)

Sorry but what does updating freeboot mean ?

I'm installing through a hard drive. I just select default.xex through the file manager ?

I can't boot to xell. Nothing occurs when I press the eject button except the lights on the power button. Perhaps my Xbox isn't on freeboot? Sry if my question is kinda silly. Noon here