RealModScene
LoneDeranger

Internal HDD not recognized (more details inside..)

First, I'd like to thank this forum for being so supportive and informative..

I have a 2TB external Seagate drive which is compatible with the 360. At first, I connected it externally and formatted it via the XBOX360. only then, I put Dashlaunch and Aurora on it, as well as approx 2TB of extracted games.

Everything was working fine when the HDD was connected externally. but my original intention was to use it INTERNALLY.

I dismantled the drive from its enclosure and connected it internally (inside the tray that comes with the 360). now, what happens is that the HDD is not recognized - the 360 boots to the normal 360 boot menu (not Aurora which was default by dashlaunch), and when I go to HDD in the menu I can see two - the first is ~3GB which is the 360's internal memory, and the other one is UNFORMATTED. why doesn't the 360 recognize the same HDD when connected internally? any ideas what can I do?

• Like 2

Because the xbox uses xtaf partitions on its internal HDD, not fat32. Copy the data to the PC, then format with the xbox, then copy the data back somehow. Many options on that one, so I will leave it up to you.

• Like 3

I moved all the data to another external HDD with my PC.

I formatted the internal HDD now with the XBOX360 and now it's recognized internally by the 360.

Now, I want to move the files back to the HDD, but my PC won't recognize the HDD. I downloaded the "USB xtaf GUI" software, but it doesn't find any drive.

How do I make the PC recognize the fatx HDD? here's a pic from what I get in administrative tools - seems like windows wants to reformat the HDD in order to recognize it. also a pic from USB xtaf GUI.

1shau9.png

35aku3m.png

FTP doesn't work for me. it's a weird issue I'm getting with Windows 10 but absolutely no connectivity... and the files were transferred to a 6TB external HDD which is NTFS, the 360 won't recognize it unfortunately...

no way to get it recognized on the PC? what's the point of the USB xtaf software if it won't recognize the HDDs?

Try PartyBuffalo, the software that came after usb xtaf... there is one other that can be used aswell that is paid for, the best solution is ftp if possible, or a fat32 usb drive, that's the safest way... anything else is made by hackers that have reversed everything and may have gotten things a little bit wrong somewhere by accident...

Sent from my SM-G903F

For your windows 10 ftp issue did you try setting a firewall exception or temporarily disabling the firewall?

• Like 1