RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
gavin_darkglider

Things People might like in Future FSD Releases

I havent seen anything about sugestions for team FSD, and really know nothing about them other then they have made an excellent Dashboard. I thought I would post what i would like to see in future releases.

#1 Native libxenon support. I would like to be able to run .elf files from the dashboard.

#2 Media Center Support, like XBMC for xbox1. it would be nice to be able to watch movies, and music, from my linux server on my xbox360 with out having to install multiple apps.

#3 NFS Server/Client, For linux users. not everyone uses smb. it is nice to have the option for windows users, but linux, or even apple users might like support for their native file sharing protocols.

#4 Built in Text editor. All of the original xbox dashboards had this. Why do none of the 360 dashboards have this.

#5 It would be nice to have a built in scripting language built in. like python, or ruby..... They had something like this in XBMC, and i used to get a kick out of playing the snake game that was scripted.

#6 Netflix, youtube, and Hulu+ without xbox live.

#7 a way to stream music while playing game. Shouldn't be too hard.... for a skilled group of people like Team FSD. If you could pull off Link it shouldnt be to hard for this.

#8 MythTV plugin. MythTV is a great opensource DVR program for linux, and it would be nice to be able to playback recorded tv from MythTV server.

Now I know that this is alot to ask for, but considering that most of the things i have asked for are avalible on the internet as opensource, all you would have to do is go through the tedious process of porting it to XDK.

I think that other people should post ideas on how to make this the best dashboard for Xbox 360.

I would like to encourage other people to add on what they would like to see in future versions. I know we would all like to see this become the best dashboard ever. So far it beats everything else i have tried on the 360, but would be nice to see the 8 things listed above in future releases.

Also, i do not understand why Xlink Kai was removed from latest version. It would be nice to be able to use link, and xlink kai. not at the same time, of coarse, but the option to choose would be nice.

• Like 2

I think you're onto something here gavin_darkglider!

How about static paths for content management especially with the 0000000000000000 folder or the games folder

The one thing i forgot. Multiple file select in file browser. so you can copy more than 1 file at at a time.

hasn't it been implemented in the current version??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

it should make tacos too !

lol at this. :)

I was thinking the other day an announcement or RSS feed showing service announcements or update info from teamfsd would be cool. :)

The one thing i forgot. Multiple file select in file browser. so you can copy more than 1 file at at a time.

You can do this now. Press X on the files you want to copy over, the file will turn green to indicate it was selected. Then your bumper plus A or X to either mover or copy. I just put around 50 XBLA folders onto my box!

XBMC of course, greatest media player in the history of mankind.

Network config through FSD, simple things like setting the IP and setting up network connectivity.

I like the way LINK is going, further improvements like instant messaging and public chat lobbies work be good - perhaps connected through to an IRC channel?

#1 an option to turn on or off the motion and the voice command for the Kinect

#2 all downloaded TU go to cache folder of the HDD no to FSD so when I reinstall FSD I don't have to redownload it again

#1 an option to turn on or off the motion and the voice command for the Kinect

#2 all downloaded TU go to cache folder of the HDD no to FSD so when I reinstall FSD I don't have to redownload it again

#2 it already does ...or mine does anyway

No TUs don't go to the official cache folder when downloaded using the built-in FSD tool. I believe only the ACTIVE TU is put in official cache (I may be mistaken).

OP made one hell of a wish list, seems a bit presumptuous to ask teamFSD to find the time and inclination to add features such as XBMC and Netflix. (you think you're the first person to jump on a forum and make such bold requests?)

If I were you I'd keep your wish lists down to bug fixes (be specific, and explain exactly how to reproduce the bug) and feature additions the pertain to dashboard control and usability.

If you want to see XBMC ported to microsoft XDK or libxenon then dive-in and do it yourself.

as it said before only the ACTIVE TU is put in official cache. and its the best to make an option to only download the latest TU

OP made one hell of a wish list, seems a bit presumptuous to ask teamFSD to find the time and inclination to add features such as XBMC and Netflix. (you think you're the first person to jump on a forum and make such bold requests?)

Yes I did. It shouldnt be to hard to make a media center plugin. Or a mythTV plugin. I figure LiNK is a plugin, if they could at least implement these it would be nice. The built in scripting language could also be implemented as a plugin. I would attempt to make these plugins my self, but I dont have the experience porting code, let alone have any experience with XDK. as for the rest, it would be nice to have options. I understand there are media players that run through xell, but it would be nice to do these things right from the dashboard. And I know Microsoft has implemented a media center already, but that requires that you are running windows on your computer, which i do not. and they have already implemented SMB, NFS isnt that much of a stretch neither. also i named this thread THINGS PEOPLE MIGHT LIKE IN FUTURE FSD RELEASES. THIS IMPLIES WISHLIST. i just wanted to see what the homebrew community thought, and there have been other good ideas. Technology evolves, no reason not to suggest the things you would like to evolve.