RealModScene

Hi all!

So I just got my hands on a backwards compatible PS3 phat that I'm going to downgrade using a teensy 2.0 ++.  Thing is, I haven't had a finger on the PS3 scene for a looooong time. Apparently, Rogero is no longer in the scene and his CFW was my go to back in the day.

So question is, with all the different CFW flavors out there, does anyone here have a recommendation on which firmware I should go with? And if you have the inclination, could you tell me why?

• Like 1

I couldnt tell you, but there is a 4.80 habib firmware on google. The latest OFW is 4.81, but I didnt see any CFW running 4.81. I would check the PS3 Hacking forums, as I have been away from the PS3 scene for quite a while. Always an xbox fan, never really liked the PS systems. Really, any CFW should work, as you can update to another CFW from any CFW. So go with what you know, and experiment from there.

• Like 1

Thanks Gavin! I'm with you, even bought the xbone over the PS4 (anyone else here addicted to Destiny?) Mostly taking on this project just to add to the collection. It seems like the last time I really checked it out that Habib was taking over for Rogero, so if he's still developing then that is probably the best way to go.

I'd recommend Rebug. No 4.81 yet, but it'll be here soon (4.81 was just released). So go with Rebug 4.80.1.

Read NOR/NAND

Patch NOR/NAND

Write NOR/NAND

Install Rogero Downgrader 9.99 from restore menu.

Boot, install QA enabler. Make sure you get 3 beeps (or your BD drive is not connected right).

Install Official Firmware 3.55 from restore menu.

Install Rebug 4.80.1 from normal dash.

As usuall, when upgrading / installing a CFW, make sure you do not have a disc in it, game mounted and disconnect from the internet.

http://www.psx-place.com/threads/4-81-cfw-custom-firmware-updated-homebrew-apps-plugins-tools-spoofs-and-more.11410/

• Like 1

I'd recommend Rebug. No 4.81 yet, but it'll be here soon (4.81 was just released). So go with Rebug 4.80.1.

Read NOR/NAND

Patch NOR/NAND

Write NOR/NAND

Install Rogero Downgrader 9.99 from restore menu.

Boot, install QA enabler. Make sure you get 3 beeps (or your BD drive is not connected right).

Install Official Firmware 3.55 from restore menu.

Install Rebug 4.80.1 from normal dash.

As usuall, when upgrading / installing a CFW, make sure you do not have a disc in it, game mounted and disconnect from the internet.

http://www.psx-place.com/threads/4-81-cfw-custom-firmware-updated-homebrew-apps-plugins-tools-spoofs-and-more.11410/

Yep definitely rebug 4.80 and install the latest senenabler to be able to play online safely.

• Like 1

Thanks for the advice and the link. Sounds like you know what you're talking about so it looks like rebug it is. Seriously, this is the most helpful forum I've ever been a part of, you guys rock!

• Like 2

Thanks for the advice and the link. Sounds like you know what you're talking about so it looks like rebug it is. Seriously, this is the most helpful forum I've ever been a part of, you guys rock!

we try. ;)

• Like 1