RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
cstrife10133

PS3 power problem

Hi to all, 

I have a jb ps3, given by my brother from australia, whenever i plug the system, theres no red light, when i push the power button, the green lights will appear for only 1 sec. if I push it again, i only hear a beep, so i unplug it and plug again, same results, no red lights, push power button green will appear for only 1 sec. Then i went to a technician, it works on them, so i try again at home and it works, the next day, same problem again with the power, button, so i just plug it for one hour not pushing the power button, after 1 hour it work, i only played for 30 mins. but the next day same problem again in power, i plug the it for one hour, nothing happens same results, no red lights, push power button green lights for only 1 sec. i already tried the pushing the power button and holding for 30 secs or more as suggest in youtube but nothing happens, sorry for long story, what do you think is the problem? btw im here in the philippines, Hope somebody can help me. thank you and more power.

• Like 2

Obviously something is going on here. I would start by trying a different power supply, as I have fixed computers that would do that because of a faulty power supply. Sometimes it would work, other times it wouldnt. Also look at the motherboard for blown caps, and replace thermal compound, as it might be a board warping problem, which would imply that it needs reflowed, and if that is the case, it would probably be easier to replace the console.  

• Like 2

Obviously something is going on here. I would start by trying a different power supply, as I have fixed computers that would do that because of a faulty power supply. Sometimes it would work, other times it wouldnt. Also look at the motherboard for blown caps, and replace thermal compound, as it might be a board warping problem, which would imply that it needs reflowed, and if that is the case, it would probably be easier to replace the console.

i plug the ps3 for about 6 hours without pushing the power button, after that green lights since to turn off a little longer for about 5 seconds, and i can hear a click when it shutdown, so left it again for another 30 minutes, then finally it worked, hmmm weird problem, gonna try again later for i have to go to work (crossing my finger :-) )