RealModScene
Orel1576

Weird Problem LiNK

Hi

when i use a static ip my link check fails with the ports and unable to connect to user

but when i set it to automatic i can connect to link but cant see other pepoles rooms in games like the cod series and red dead redemption GOTY

what to do?

the ports are fowarded 

• Like 3

Did you the possibility to move your Xbox 360 in DMZ, or to use the UPnP function in your Router ?

Szukam znajomych do grania na linku w wszystkie gry mam link od dawna a xbox od 4 5 lat więc też pomoge

Please express yourself in english !

DMZ = demilitarized zone. You can move your devices like, Desktop, Consoles, Tablets into it. Port forwarding is not necessary.

DMZ Host

This page allows configuration of a specific network device to be exposed or visible directly to the WAN (public internet).  This may be used when problem applications do not work with port triggers. Entering a "0" means there are no exposed hosts.

thats what it says on the router

It is smarter to run with port forwarding..... Set up a lease for the DHCP, based upon xbox mac address. This way it always assigns the same IP to the xbox, and then forward ports to that IP. Should work, but some routers require that you change the port numbers. Also make sure you forward both tcp and udp on both ports.

Yeah, this is what I mean. Move your Xbox 360 into it.

insert my ip?

It is smarter to run with port forwarding..... Set up a lease for the DHCP, based upon xbox mac address. This way it always assigns the same IP to the xbox, and then forward ports to that IP. Should work, but some routers require that you change the port numbers. Also make sure you forward both tcp and udp on both ports.

do you mean to change 3071 to something else?

insert my ip?

The IP from Your Xbox 360.

do you mean to change 3071 to something else?

Yes, try it out.

You have also tries forwarding different Ports, and you have tried out both scenarios (with static & automatic IP) and did you use the required TU for the Games, what kind of Hardware did you use (Modem, Router, combination of both) ?

You have also tries forwarding different Ports, and you have tried out both scenarios (with static & automatic IP) and did you use the required TU for the Games, what kind of Hardware did you use (Modem, Router, combination of both) ?

i tried everything you said wont work all the games are in the latest TU and the weird thing is that i can join rooms but cant see them in game

and xbox unity doesnt show my when i am connected to the room and i can leave it but not join it

Can you tell us what Internet Hardware did you use (Modem, Router, Modem/Router combination) ?

Its probably a misconfiguration of your Modem/Router/Xbox360. And what kind of Internet connection did you use (cable, dsl, mobile) ?

Can you tell us what Internet Hardware did you use (Modem, Router, Modem/Router combination) ?

Its probably a misconfiguration of your Modem/Router/Xbox360. And what kind of Internet connection did you use (cable, dsl, mobile) ?

i dont know because my satellite box is also my internet supplier

its a modem and i am using wifi

At first, some Internet Service Provider awarded private IPs to the Users. You find private IPs mainly by Internet Mobile, and some Cable & Satellite Internet Service Provider. The Main problem by private IPs is, in the most cases you cant port forwarding by yourself. Only the provider might be forward the needed Ports. If so get in touch with your Internet Service provider and describe them your problem. You could also visit a buddy with your Xbox 360 and check your Link connection on his Internet Service Provider point.

Your modem is running in DHCP mode ?

At first, some Internet Service Provider awarded private IPs to the Users. You find private IPs mainly by Internet Mobile, and some Cable & Satellite Internet Service Provider. The Main problem by private IPs is, in the most cases you cant port forwarding by yourself. Only the provider might be forward the needed Ports. If so get in touch with your Internet Service provider and describe them your problem. You could also visit a buddy with your Xbox 360 and check your Link connection on his Internet Service Provider point.

Your modem is running in DHCP mode ?

idk

Hey, I dont know about your COD problem, but regarding RDR GOTY:

You can only see people who have the same Title Update number as you, for the GOTY edition the most recent update is 1 (I just tried to get a newer one from Xbox Live but there is none), and for the normal edition it's 9. Maybe the reason why you don't see any player is because there arent many people who are playing with the GOTY version, or many players playing RDR at all. You can see the "true" player list on xboxunity.net, just search for the game and click on "Link:".

Maybe these two should be treated like different games by LiNK or xboxunity? Even though they have the same Title ID, there are no "marketplace files" that these two share. And GOTY players won't be able to play with the normal RDR players anyway, due to the TU number seperating these two groups. I think this is a LiNK thing. Unfortunately I only had the chance to play with a RDR TU9 player as a RDR GOTY TU1 player on Xbox Live, I never tried connecting two consoles via system link, so I cannot confirm if these two versions are actually compatible in terms of system link, but it'd be interesting to know if it is just this TU number barrier, I wish I had a second console for testing :unsure:

• Like 1