RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
toomuchsweat

Slow xbox boot

When I turn my 360 on (Falcon) it loads the boot logo and sort of stay at the end for 30 seconds ish... Then my profile signs in and Aurora begins to load. I have over 200 games in the DB. Will Aurora be causing this problem, taking its time to initialize and load all assets etc? Or is this console related problem, the xbox runs smooth 99% of the time just really sluggish during boot.

Thanks, Ste!

Extra deets:

Type: Glitch

Kernel: 2.0.17502.0

Aurora is saved to 500gb internal hdd, also running a 1tb external. (Right now I'm loading Aurora to a 8gb flash drive and seeing if it boots any better)

• Like 4

Aurora should show it's screen when it first boots, so it's more of a console issue, likely an issue with your hdd or something, i wouldn't worry about it tho...

Most likely it's related to your external drive... try disconnecting it and see if it speeds up...

Sent from my SM-G903F

Aurora should show it's screen when it first boots, so it's more of a console issue, likely an issue with your hdd or something, i wouldn't worry about it tho...

Most likely it's related to your external drive... try disconnecting it and see if it speeds up...

Sent from my SM-G903F

Aurora loads normally straight after the bootanim finishes, it just takes a longgggggg time for the boot anim to finish tho

Yeah, some hdd's might not play nicely with the glitch and may take a bit to give up and reset, while this happens it'll be stuck on the bootanim, nothing you can do about it except be patient or find a hdd that doesn't trigger this...

Sent from my SM-G903F

Yeah, some hdd's might not play nicely with the glitch and may take a bit to give up and reset, while this happens it'll be stuck on the bootanim, nothing you can do about it except be patient or find a hdd that doesn't trigger this...

Sent from my SM-G903F

Is that just random among hdds, or is there specific ones which will work better?

Good question... i've had it happen randomly with wd drives which are the only ones i trust, and it tends to mostly be an issue with external hdd's

Sent from my SM-G903F

Good question... i've had it happen randomly with wd drives which are the only ones i trust, and it tends to mostly be an issue with external hdd's

Sent from my SM-G903F

I do believe the internal one is a wd, but not 100% sure, pretty annoying considering its brand spanking new hahah

Nice one for you help tho man appreciate it!

The easiest way to explain what happens is the hdd is waiting for the console to reply to a request while the console is waiting for the drive to be ready as the result of the console saying to initalize communication to the hdd multiple times during the glitch, did you try removing any/all external devices?

If the issue persists despite removing external devices it's likely the internal one causing it, but it could potentially be caused by a bad chip aswell...

Sent from my SM-G903F

Yeah removed everything and still was slow so it probably is the hdd, I will try booting without the hdd and see how it goes. Then I'll know for sure if it's the hdd or the chip,right?

Edit - The internal drive it Hitachi, is that not a good drive?

Just unplug all HDDs and see if it boots at a normal speed. if it still hangs, probably due to a bad block on nand, so then you would reflash nand image. I had to do that today myself on mine, as I could start music, then after it started playing, I couldnt choose other music. Now I have no problems. It was a wierd glitch, that only effected that, so it skated by for months. lol.

I Got 445 Games in DB and have two external hdd of 1TB and the factory hdd and My RGH boot fine maybe the problem is your external divices or internal because i have two external hdd of 1TB each one and don't have any problem

Enviado desde mi STUDIO X PLUS mediante Tapatalk

Xbox boots fine without any hdd at all, so it must be my main hdd thats the problem

Quick question; do you have any dashlaunch plugins setup to load?

Sent from my SM-G903F

Yeah I do, off the top of my head I can't remember what they are, I'll post back later

Perhaps try removing them from the config may help?

Sent from my SM-G903F

Just to add some extra info, I was using a 320gb Verbatim usb drive that was almost instantly recognised by Aurora upon booting, now I have a 1TB Seagate expansion, which is great at transferring games from my pc with usb3, yet it takes 15-20 seconds before it' gets recognised on first boot. I don't mind at all.

With all the extra games I have stored on it, making use of the larger drive capacity and transfer speed, I'm quite happy to accept and trade off a bit of load up lag.

What a world we live in  :sorcerer:

• Like 1

So I believe that it was some plugins that caused the issue, because it ended up not booting at all. I have to plug my hard drive into the pc and remove all plugins and the default boot path.

There was 5 plugins set to load: Connectx.xex, JRPC.xex, RPC.xex, xbdm.xex & XRPC.xex

I know xbdm is for Neighborhood, and others are from RPC tools, but which do I need to keep?

if you are running aurora, remove all of the plugins from launch.ini, ConnectX, assuming you put the file in the plugins dir for aurora, will be loaded by aurora, and it has built in trainer engine, so RPC plugins wont be needed, as long as you use aurora trainers. As far as XBDM goes, I wouldnt have it load by default, as it is known to cause issues with some games.

• Like 2