RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
kaitlin4599

need help playing multi disk games

ok so i recently bought a used copy of elder scrolls oblivion and i used freestyle dash to instyall it my main dash is aurora i just use freestyle for installing my games. any how when i launch aurora dash ui get 2 oblivion icons a disl one and disk to how do i play this game im at a loss

• Like 4

Oblivion is a single disk game, you probably bought the GOTY edition, which means the second disc is just a DLC installer...

Sent from my SM-G903F

True, Oblivion's second disc is all the DLC content. For other multi-disc games, you load one and the other discs should automatically load when it's necessary in the story (e.g., for Mass Effect 2/3). Even other multi-disc games, the single player content is contained on one disc, while the multiplayer content is on the second disc (e.g., BF4). Finally, some games like GTA V, need an install of the second disc content before being able to play the normal game that is located on the first disc. The install content is then just some graphics/physics data that's needed to play the game.

(P.S.: a disk is a drive like a HDD or a SSD, a disc is a disc like DVD, CD, Blu-ray.)

• Like 2

True, Oblivion's second disc is all the DLC content. For other multi-disc games, you load one and the other discs should automatically load when it's necessary in the story (e.g., for Mass Effect 2/3). Even other multi-disc games, the single player content is contained on one disc, while the multiplayer content is on the second disc (e.g., BF4). Finally, some games like GTA V, need an install of the second disc content before being able to play the normal game that is located on the first disc. The install content is then just some graphics/physics data that's needed to play the game.

(P.S.: a disk is a drive like a HDD or a SSD, a disc is a disc like DVD, CD, Blu-ray.)

but how do i install multi disk games such as wolfenstein new order onto my HDD i have the retail dash aurora dash as well as freestly dash altho aurora is my main dash would prefer to install them to the HDD so i dont have to bother with the dvd drive

but how do i install multi disk games such as wolfenstein new order onto my HDD i have the retail dash aurora dash as well as freestly dash altho aurora is my main dash would prefer to install them to the HDD so i dont have to bother with the dvd drive

Wolfenstein The New Order has 4 discs that are playable. Using Aurora, you can rip each disc to a folder on your HDD. After having 4 Wolfenstein folders on your internal HDD, you can reboot your console and Aurora will scan the HDD for new games. The 4 discs will show up and you can start either one of them. In the game, Aurora will automatically look for the correct disc depending on your progression through the campaign. I don't remember an additional installation procedure being required.

Wolfenstein The New Order has 4 discs that are playable.

Wrong. The first disc is a required DLC disc. insert that one  and play the game, so it installs those files to the HDD(Will not work if installed as an extracted rip). after that rip Disc 2,3,4 into a folder like hdd:\games\WolfNewOrder\Disc (2,3,4) then go to aurora, and download the TU, and play the game. the freestyle plugin will handle the rest. You should read the first link under helpful links in my sig, as it has all the required info for this, and many other JTAG/RGH related things, you might want to know.

• Like 1

Wrong. The first disc is a required DLC disc. insert that one  and play the game, so it installs those files to the HDD(Will not work if installed as an extracted rip). after that rip Disc 2,3,4 into a folder like hdd:\games\WolfNewOrder\Disc (2,3,4) then go to aurora, and download the TU, and play the game. the freestyle plugin will handle the rest. You should read the first link under helpful links in my sig, as it has all the required info for this, and many other JTAG/RGH related things, you might want to know.

Thought I remembered correctly but apparently not. Thanks for correcting.