RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Krig Ravn

HDD tips

After a couple hours of work I think I'm ready to begin installation of data on my xb but before I start copying games and stuff, are there any tips to maximize performance of the hdd? I mean defrag, indexing, and so on. The point is, aurora can handle this "optimized files"? Or should I leave them as is, I know the internal hdd and the mu uses fat32 file system and all usb ports are 2.0 so I can't do that much there. but what about the external hdds?

• Like 4

I wouldn't go changing thing's as I don't imagine the people coding Aurora would have paid that much mind more so to get the project finished and released so they could start work on new projects that said don't take that all on board though because Aurora can play games loaded through the net server from what I would imagine to be indexed drives on the home PC....

After a couple hours of work I think I'm ready to begin installation of data on my xb but before I start copying games and stuff, are there any tips to maximize performance of the hdd? I mean defrag, indexing, and so on. The point is, aurora can handle this "optimized files"? Or should I leave them as is, I know the internal hdd and the mu uses fat32 file system and all usb ports are 2.0 so I can't do that much there. but what about the external hdds?

You have been misinformed, the internal hdd uses XTAF, BigEndian FATX... not FAT32...

Aurora don't handle the devices directly, the 360 Kernel does...

Sent from my SM-G903F

Fatxplorer  the windows program  is what i use i tee up everything in it with one copy option and drag and drop everything on I wish to copy in one hit this will limit fragmentation as it will mostly sequentially copy on files on to the hdd.

It is a lot quicker than any thing else and it can display the most fragmented files and you can remove and recopy them on in future as a semi make shift way of defragmenting the drive.

Fatxplorer comes with a trial you can test it out it is one of the few software products I thought was worthy of purchasing so I did.

It is the deleting and adding data that really causes fragmentation if you don't do that too much in future it would not be a problem expecially with god titles.

Storing you games in god format will help to limit fragmentation over time and is a lot quicker to copy large files than heaps of tiny ones.

• Like 1

me again, now I have a problem with the external hdd, the xbox won't recognize the damn thing anymore, I didn't mess with it in any way, just deleted the content and then copied the new stuff in there, but now the nxe recognizes the device but wants to format it (which I know would be futile for a 1tb hdd), but xexmenu won't recognize it, I proved with a 32gb usb and a 200gb hdd and both where recognized, I changed the power cable and tested the thing on my pc and seems to be ok, so I don't know where I screwed this one, I mean that hdd was the same that was plugged in the very same port and everything

me again, now I have a problem with the external hdd, the xbox won't recognize the damn thing anymore, I didn't mess with it in any way, just deleted the content and then copied the new stuff in there, but now the nxe recognizes the device but wants to format it (which I know would be futile for a 1tb hdd), but xexmenu won't recognize it, I proved with a 32gb usb and a 200gb hdd and both where recognized, I changed the power cable and tested the thing on my pc and seems to be ok, so I don't know where I screwed this one, I mean that hdd was the same that was plugged in the very same port and everything

yes its true