RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Be4stElectrjc

CR4 XL Trinity Doesn't Glitch

I will upload them soon, dip 3-4 up. Before to solder the CR4 XL red wire i tried to boot with all other cables and worked perfectly, so then soldered red one and wrote ECC to the nand. Then WITHOUT DVD Drive and Hard Drive (only with IR module attached on the front) turned on with wire controller plugged in one of the 2 front USB ports. Since File Checks of J-Runner isn't available due to their servers offline maybe should be a problem of my version, that is beta 8, read about problem in creating ECC in this version.

You should NEVER try to boot without power to the chip, instead remove post_out

** edit: **

The reason for that is that the chip may try to power itself from other connections instead, which may tesult in damaged components on the console/chip

Sent from my SM-G903F

There are alot of tutorial writers that have no idea what they are all doing/saying and recommend things without knowing that their recommendations can cause damage

Sent from my SM-G903F

You should not use the big hole in the center of the motherboard, the cables will likely be crushed when you put it back in the case if you do... and, you should redo cpu_rst, it's not properly connected, also... the wires for the nand-x/jrp aren't that good either, especially the blue/green ones...

Sent from my SM-G903F

Thanks man, really. Hope to not come again here in this thread again and resolve all the thing. 

Problem was Posbit Jumper, was in wrong position. Solved.

• Like 1

Soldering looks like crap, excess wire should be trimmed off to prevent shorts. Glad you got it working, but I would clean up the install, by applying flux and reflowing the points, as some of them look cold. also, tin your wires before soldering them to the board, one loose strand and the whole console and chip could go.

• Like 1

Thanks, i soldered with flux but problem is the first time i take in hand soldering iron. I resoldered later like you said as best of my actual possibilities, with time i will raise my skills in this part.

• Like 2

Before I started soldering on stuff I cared about I practiced on board I stole from the recycle center, and dumpsters, until I was comfortable doing jobs like this, and even then, sometimes things still go sideways. Those tiny points can be hell... I have had them come off the board, just because I touched them with the iron. Lucky for me, it was a learning experience, and it caught me the joy of trace repairs.

• Like 1