RealModScene
bgduece22

JTAG Bricked

I was trying to update the JTAG for Kinect, before I started I went into Dashlaunch to configure, and it notified me that it was not for this dashboard version. I hit install and it shutoff, and has had no video since. I do have a copy of the NAND and the key. What are my options.

HELP

Did you use a system update higher than your kernal?

Was your console connected to the internet when you disabled noupdate?

You may be able to reflash the nand, doubt it tho. You most likely killed it if you've used a newer systemupdate.

Also, not an FSD issue.

I was trying to use the System update 16197 so that the Kinect would work.

I have no video, I Have a copy of the NAND, but do not know how to boot up and get video.

Can you reflash the nand. If not, get somebody who can do it for you, preferably the person that JTAGed/RGH'ed your console.

OIther than that, not alot can be done here. Try different cables (SVIDEO,HDMI, COMPONENT).

try booting the console by pressing the eject button to load XeLL Reloaded

I tried that am a getting no picture no matter how I boot, and no matter how long it stays on.

Starting by using the eject button gets no picture either.

Write your stock NAND dump back to the console and check that it boots.

If you can verify that it does, build a new JTAG image (16202) and write that to the console using RawFlash or a hardware flasher.

Write your stock NAND dump back to the console and check that it boots.

If you can verify that it does, build a new JTAG image (16202) and write that to the console using RawFlash or a hardware flasher.

If he flashes a stock image to his NAND how is he going to use rawflash....

If he flashes a stock image to his NAND how is he going to use rawflash....

I didn't think that one through lol.

if i understand what i am talking about this is what i would try. if you updated with stock dash, it would wipe out jtag ability, so try removing jtag, then see if it boots. if that works, then rgh2 your console. if not, try to take a previous dump, and up ldv. jtag will still work if the right resistor is removed, so efuses dont burn out. if resistor wasnt removed, try removing jtag, and see if it boots. if it boots without jtag, then wait for fat DGX, and get a coolrunner. the demon is a nice add on also, would have saved you some grief, even with the jtag, just because you would have another nand to work with.

I would ask around Team Xecuter Fourms. also you may be able to rip the nand, off the board and rebuild a jtag nand with the smc config built in, or at very least rebuild ecc, flash that and get xell, which would get you your cpu/dvd keys, then all you need to do is create a new freeboot or fusion build. and all i believe you need for that is the smc config, and the cpu key and dvdkey.

if i understand what i am talking about this is what i would try. if you updated with stock dash, it would wipe out jtag ability, so try removing jtag, then see if it boots. if that works, then rgh2 your console. if not, try to take a previous dump, and up ldv. jtag will still work if the right resistor is removed, so efuses dont burn out. if resistor wasnt removed, try removing jtag, and see if it boots. if it boots without jtag, then wait for fat DGX, and get a coolrunner. the demon is a nice add on also, would have saved you some grief, even with the jtag, just because you would have another nand to work with.

you would have to be crazy to remove the jtag ability...its better than RGH , insta boot , RGH2 is even worse and depending on what motherboard he has might not even work

best to create new freeboot image of 16202 (since he already has nand and cpukey) and write using either nandx or jrprogrammer

you would have to be crazy to remove the jtag ability...its better than RGH , insta boot , RGH2 is even worse and depending on what motherboard he has might not even work

best to create new freeboot image of 16202 (since he already has nand and cpukey) and write using either nandx or jrprogrammer

talby71 is correct, that other guy is just giving bad advise.