RealModScene
professor_jonny

copying asset data

Hi

I have replaced my hdd in my console with a larger drive and all my games apear as ghosted and i cant click on them.

The obvious thing is to re add the scan directorys and rescan but im hoping to aviod doing this as i have a lot of things i customised with the asset editor.

In the scan folders it says the folders are disconected but all the content is where it was before.

I purchased fatxplorer and just dumped all the content onto a newly formatted drive as the old drive was developing bad sectors. note that this drive is an internal.

Can i edit the database or something to make it all work again eithout a rescan?

• Like 3

I'm curious about this too. I imaged my drive for a friend and had the exact same thing happen. It would have been nice to be able to give him my customized menus/filenames, but the only way to correct the assets is to edit each one individually using Swizzy's Asset Manager.

Swizzy mentioned this might be simplified by a script in 0.6b, which would be extremely handy.

I'm guessing it is as simple as opening the content database in a SQLite browser and altering hdd1 device id in the device page and in the scan path in settings db?

attachicon.gifdb edit.jpg

attachicon.gifdb 2.jpg

Yep, the one in the second screenshot is the one that's actually going to change it, you'll see the ID's of the last mounted devices in the first screenshot :)

Cool thanks Swizzy I will give it a try it will definatly save me a few headaches if i can get it to work.

Would it be possible for Aurora to be updated to handle id swapping of internal media better and scan the media if the device id was changed for internal drives to see if it has the same content as the database.

The device id for an internal fatx (xtaf) drive should in theory not just change and it could be ignored as a possible solution.

I guess it is if you scaned media from an external drive with auroa started from an external usb drive that may cause a problem if you swapped the internal drive.

Edit:  yip that sorted it out content merged to new drive and no rescanning of content worked a treat thanks :-)

I guess a simple script could swap the last connected device id and replace the scan path with it, as a quick solution.

• Like 1

It might be possible to do this already (with 0.5b, it already have lua and it already have the ability to run a script on startup, however... the API is somewhat limited, with 0.6b you have alot more you can do ;)

Sent from my SM-G903F

I just used this method to use my old assets on a cloned drive successfully as well. I'm so freaking stoked right now, you have no idea :D

Thank you so much for documenting the method and for posting screenshots professor_jonny, and thank you Swizzy as always for the guidance!

• Like 1

Could Professor_Jonny or Smokemonster give specifics on what they changed in SQ Lite DB Browser with examples? I tried this a while back, plugging ID's into the scan paths, but no go, everything was still greyed out. I should add that I an running Aurora off of a 2TB external USB drive that holds all the game data and asset info. HDD1 is only used for game saves and whatever automatically gets stored there. A step by step with specifics would be awesome. Thanks!!!

Could Professor_Jonny or Smokemonster give specifics on what they changed in SQ Lite DB Browser with examples? I tried this a while back, plugging ID's into the scan paths, but no go, everything was still greyed out. I should add that I an running Aurora off of a 2TB external USB drive that holds all the game data and asset info. HDD1 is only used for game saves and whatever automatically gets stored there. A step by step with specifics would be awesome. Thanks!!!

Look at the screenshots professor_jonny posted above, they have all you really need, it's not rocket science...

MountedDevices contains the ID's of the latest devices that were attached while running Aurora...

Sent from my SM-G903F

1. Install your cloned drive in the 360 (so content.db gets updated with the new HDD's DeviceID)

2. Open Aurora\Data\Databases\content.db in DB Browser for SQLite.

3. (Screenshot 1) Select the “Browse Data†tab and choose MountedDevices, then copy the DeviceID of the new/cloned HDD

4. Open Aurora\Data\Databases\settings.db in DB Browser

5. (Screenshot 2) Select the “Browse Data†tab and choose ScanPaths. Replace all DeviceIDs with your new HDD's DeviceID in the “Edit Database Cell†on the right. Click “Apply†after each change. When you’ve changed them all, click “Write Changesâ€.

6. Restart Aurora

• Like 3

Thanks Smokemonster! I really appreciate you taking the time to post the step by step that I requested. I was at a point that I cloned my three 2TB drives about a month ago and due to not having figured all of this out back then, I reinstalled Aurora on each drive with all title updates. This was A TON of work. Imagine the 6 or 7 button presses for each game to check and install title updates. My biggest HDD has 1,103 games on it!

Here's the interesting thing I noticed that makes me wonder if what you just wrote would work in my scenario... When I go into Scan Paths of any one of my drives now, I see three scan paths. The first being the device ID of my internal drive that has some games on it that I want to accesses regardless of what drive I'm currently using.

Here's where it gets interesting...

The next two scan paths (for Games and Content directory of external HDD), shows the Device ID listed as "Aurora", not USB0, in Mounted Devices, and it's everything that appears after the "_".

I'm thinking this may have been my issue when I tried to plug ID's in and nothing worked.

It's at a point now where I can take any one of the drives from one 360 to the other and the only games that are grayed out are the ones on the internal drive and that's easily corrected by changing the Device ID in Scan Paths to the internal drive of the other system.

I'm thinking if I cloned the drive, I'd be back to everything grayed out even using the original Aurora Device ID. Meaning, I'm thinking that the Aurora ID is somehow tied in with the external HDD ID even though it's a different ID. Does that make any sense? Lol I'll try to clarify if not...

The external HDD should have it's own ID which should be different for each device...

Sent from my SM-G903F

Swizzy, yes, each external HDD has it's own ID, but as mentioned, the two scan paths for all of the games and XBLA content on the external drive is what's listed as "Aurora" in Mounted Devices, while USB0, my external HDD, has a different ID. What would explain this and how do I work around it? I can attach screenshots of the two databases if that would help?

Aurora should be the mountpoint of the location Aurora is in ( game:\ )

Sent from my SM-G903F

I checked again on my three drives, and it looks like the Device ID of my external HDD's is actually the same as the "Aurora" Device ID in each.  This is then the scan path ID for Games and Content.  I'm not sure what went wrong when I cloned my first set of drives and tried plugging in the Device ID's of the new drives.  Now that I'm familiar with the structure, hopefully I'll have better luck next time I have to.

Swizzy, when you responded to a similar post of mine a few weeks back and mentioned using a cloned drive would be made easier by writing a script in 0.6b for each of the games, what were you referring to?  As documented by Smokemonster and Professor_Jonny, only the Scan Paths need to be altered to achieve this, not the individual game data files.

I checked again on my three drives, and it looks like the Device ID of my external HDD's is actually the same as the "Aurora" Device ID in each. This is then the scan path ID for Games and Content. I'm not sure what went wrong when I cloned my first set of drives and tried plugging in the Device ID's of the new drives. Now that I'm familiar with the structure, hopefully I'll have better luck next time I have to.

Swizzy, when you responded to a similar post of mine a few weeks back and mentioned using a cloned drive would be made easier by writing a script in 0.6b for each of the games, what were you referring to? As documented by Smokemonster and Professor_Jonny, only the Scan Paths need to be altered to achieve this, not the individual game data files.

Well, it would be a script that does this job for you, just directly on the box with limited interaction from you...

I would do it as 2 stage, one to save original name and one to patch with new...

Sent from my SM-G903F

Hello.
I succeeded in replacing the HDD using the method on this page, but there is a problem.
The Aurora logo will be displayed after the Black Screen has been in the state for about 20 seconds when Aurora starts up.
If register Aurora in the usual way, Aurora will start immediately.
Do you know the solution?
My way
Copy from the Old HDD
Data
  ├──Databases
  ├──GameData
  ├──Logs
  ├──Thumbnails
  └──titlecache.list

Databases
  ├──content.db(MountedDevices)
  └──settings.db(ScanPaths)
Device ID of Hdd1, Usb0, HddX, SysExt, Aurora
I replaced it with the value of New HDD and copied Data folder to New Hdd.

The Dash version and apps are all the latest versions.
The number registered in Aurora is about 1100.