RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Krig Ravn

FSD duplicate paths

Ok recently I grabbed again my old xb360 and started to check files and stuff I got stored, I've found corrupted data and so on, but something catched my eye for the double path thingy (mostly with FSD), some titles appear as a single GOD file

http://imgur.com/5JdTcML

while some others are split in two

http://imgur.com/LKHyRrr

or even three files per game, one interesting thing is that some of them have "backup" folders, checking this on FSD the backup is detected as an additional god file, but my doubt goes for the ones that are split in two god files, for example RE: ORC would be more than 4gb each god file (which is small for a xb 360 AAA game) and one is even marked as to be created in 2005! WTF!?

Digging even deeper I looked and it seems normal file came from a downloaded source, but the duplicated with the backup came from a conversion I made from the game disk with ISO2GOD, does any one have any clue about this?

• Like 9

the "Backup" folder contains a NXE install most likely (after being converted from NXE to GOD)

The RE: ORC example could be 2 disc version of the game, but i agree, it seems a little small to be 4GB, however, they might have split the game into 2 discs and split it 50/50... as 8GB is beyond the total size the game can have (if memory serves me right)

Also, the creation date being 2005 is "normal", if it was done on a console that had the date reset, it'd be 2005... (it loses the date/time setting when it goes without power)

Weird, I have many games with the duplicate for example COD MW4 and SH Homecoming, both come in one disk. So technically those games that are split will appear twice in FSD unless I merge them into a single GOD file

Ok, anotehr doubt, xbox files may have different names and still being recognized by the system? I mean, all those numbers and letters that you normally see on god files ain't locked to a specific content (like the folder name is) so duplication can be possible as far as I'm seeing

http://imgur.com/a/M8baz

Ok, anotehr doubt, xbox files may have different names and still being recognized by the system? I mean, all those numbers and letters that you normally see on god files ain't locked to a specific content (like the folder name is) so duplication can be possible as far as I'm seeing

http://imgur.com/a/M8baz

It depends on the content, GOD, NXE Installs and XBLA can all be detected by the system even with incorrect names, DLC cannot (as they have a predefined filename) same goes with TU's, that's also why you cannot run these from another location (they have to be in the correct path or they don't work)

Each "version" (think of it as different packages for different regions, some games have it, some don't) of the DLC content may have a different name for it tho, as they may contain different data (the filename is really a hash of something in the package, i can't remember exactly what atm tho)

Keep in mind that FSD/Aurora both read the header only, they don't care if there's data to back that up (<filename>.data/<data files> for GOD/NXE Installs) if it finds a header it deems valid, it'll treat it as a title regardless if it works or not...