RealModScene
gavin_darkglider

Sudden Influx of Spam on Forum

So from what I can tell, someone is using a spam bot on the forum. I have just got done banning the accounts that were missed, and removing all of the spam(Over 50 posts between 5 accounts in the last hour in multiple threads.) Due to this, I am asking the community here to report it as fast as possible, and if it is missed by the moderators, please flag the accounts, which every user has the right to do. If this causes a non spam account to get banned from posting, feel free to PM me, and I will unflag your account, pending review of the posts in question.

Thank you.

Sidenote: It might be smart to start by changing passwords, as at least 1 of the users whos account was used, is a valid person based upon previous posts.

• Like 7

We have probably deleted the Spampostings & Accounts at the same time. They are 6 different  Spamming Account ,(brantsouh, aldenpl, davinnar, derikpast, keganpt, thorz) and  exactly 199 Spam Postings. :)

• Like 1

I dont think that Thorz is a spammer, as I have seen quite a few valid posts from them. The rest, I have never seen before. I do like how the people who liked this thread post are on the list of people who have spammed the forum today.

• Like 1

"Thorz" ?? Is that me you are talking about? :huh: I did not find any other user named "thorz".I did not post any spam.

"Thorz" ?? Is that me you are talking about? :huh: I did not find any other user named "thorz".I did not post any spam.

Probably, but it was a misstake by dr.gonzo, don't worry tho, you're not banned or anything ;)

Sent from my SM-G903F

"Thorz" ?? Is that me you are talking about? :huh: I did not find any other user named "thorz".I did not post any spam.

I had different Browser Tabs open with Spammers. The User Thorz  were in between these tabs with your Spamming Report.I don't look very closely. It was my mistake.

@Swizzy

Its the same Spam Protection System, we used it on Homebrew-Connection.org ?

I had different Browser Tabs open with Spammers. You were in between these tabs with your Spamming Report.I don't look very closely. It was my mistake.

@Swizzy

Its the same Spam Protection System, we used it on Homebrew-Connection.org ?

No, on Homebrew-Connection.org we use SimpleMachinesForums (free), here we use IPBoard (paid)...

I now Swizzy. The Plugin we used on HC, works also on PhP (IP. Board) based boards, but my question is answered.

http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/user/79003-millarddrief/

This member is spamming the threads with random shit that makes no sense.. Is this the right place to report these people?

(And also I have reported this member using the 'report this member' button at the bottom of the page)

Yes that counts as spam..... And promoting piracy, as the links were to different pirate video sites. ;) Dont worry, they got banned also, not just for spamming, but also for blatantly promoting piracy.

• Like 1

Add this asshole to the list as well

http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/user/79266-ralphjet/

I see these type of people almost every other day or atleast thrice a week.. How come all of a sudden? There were none like a year ago or so.. Or not even so frequent like as is today.

Hard to say, maybe they've learned how to bypass the IPBoards Spam filters? Maybe IPBoards don't maintain it as they used to anymore?

Sent from my SM-G903F

Hard to say, maybe they've learned how to bypass the IPBoards Spam filters? Maybe IPBoards don't maintain it as they used to anymore?

Sent from my SM-G903F

Either somethings broken or people just got intelligent

Add this one to the list as well http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/user/79276-victorwaync/

Another thing i will try to report all these spammers as soon as i see them.. Should i post there profiles here or just reporting them is fine?

Either somethings broken or people just got intelligent

Add this one to the list as well http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/user/79276-victorwaync/

Another thing i will try to report all these spammers as soon as i see them.. Should i post there profiles here or just reporting them is fine?

Just report them, we do in general try to get rid of them within atleast 24h...

Sent from my SM-G903F