RealModScene
Flexx

Coinops on RGH?

I would be the best, you ask  BritneysPAIRS on 1Emulation.com, or coinopsproject.freeforums.org. He is the founder of Coin Ops.

• Like 3

No need i can answer it gonzo.

Coinops is only for the original it will not work on or ever be ported to the 360.If you want coin-ops get an original xbox or get hold of the pc version of old games that's run in their respective emu's

there is a post somewhere on coinops that says why it will never happen; can't remember if its to do with the orig xbox being a pc or the fact coin is an emu which would require running an emu (coin) inside an emu (360's emu) while attempting to launch a game,where's the ram & cpu power going to come from

• Like 1

there is a post somewhere on coinops that says why it will never happen; can't remember if its to do with the orig xbox being a pc or the fact coin is an emu which would require running an emu (coin) inside an emu (360's emu) while attempting to launch a game,where's the ram & cpu power going to come from

Yeah, I mean it was for a very long time ago a posting  on 1Emulation. com by BritneysPAIRS, but I was not quite sure. He spokes about the  technical obstacles to port it to Xbox 360.

There is no need to run the emu in a emu if it's ported, however... porting it means using the xbox 360 DirectX libraries and making sure the endian is correct (PC/Xbox Classic is LittleEndian, PPC/Xbox360 is BigEndian)

Sent from my SM-G903F

• Like 1

To Port the Maincore should not to be a Problem. But Coin Ops used a lot of different Emus (over twenty). I think its a mammoth task and relatively complex and time consuming to port all the stuff.

• Like 2

Actually, back in 2017 he was interested. Found that out the other day and I responded to hopefully get him to check out retro-arch integration.

Would be pretty awesome if BP would be willing to work on a collaboration to make it work to the Dashboard.

3 hours ago, StaticPulse said:

Actually, back in 2017 he was interested. Found that out the other day and I responded to hopefully get him to check out retro-arch integration.

Would be pretty awesome if BP would be willing to work on a collaboration to make it work to the Dashboard.

Awesome to read

While not all games he has running on OG Xbox may run here, with the Retroarch 360 cores, a good load of games can be played. 

Even some that dont play on OG xbox like the Midway MKs or SF3 etc on their original arcade versions

14 hours ago, MKK hanzo said:

Awesome to read

While not all games he has running on OG Xbox may run here, with the Retroarch 360 cores, a good load of games can be played. 

Even some that dont play on OG xbox like the Midway MKs or SF3 etc on their original arcade versions

The only thing I see that should be redone is Mupen. We need a xex version of mupen. Maybe a C64 emulator (Vice) since the OG Xbox version intermittently crashes when loading some d64 & t64 files.

I'm building a Ninja Premium art pack for OG Xbox titles right now. Found a partial that is around 80% but needs backdrops for the titles. I have the Title screen rips but have to manually edit in the tv screen overlay thingy and the smooth.png and smoothest.png.

Would like to have a decompressed copy of the Ninja Premium XPR so I can add all this art to it and recompress it to the skin.

I think for it to work proper, would be to integrate wmv's to replace xmv's on the frontend for previews and we could make it work.

The problem with a XEX version of Mupen is the limited resources, with XeLL you have full access to ALL resources, with a XEX version (that runs from the dashboard) you have to share the processor and memory with the dashboard/kernel which is running in the background...

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 3