RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
vick79

Home made Corona 4gb nand reader

I built my own Corona 4gb nand reader by soldering the wires directly to a USB sd card reader. I just wanted to make sure I am not going to run into a major problems when I boot the console to get the CPU key. The USB reader will still have to be hooked to the console's mobo, but I will have it unplugged from the USB on the computer? 

• Like 2

You will need a way to turn the crystal on/off on the motherboard

Sent from my SM-G903F

I read about grounding the onboard crystal to read the nand, would I leave it grounded out when I start the system? I know you don't normally, but the USB sd card reader has a crystal on it. I don't know if it will mess anything up having the onboard crystal and the USB adapter crystal connected at the same time. 

I also don't know if the adapter will be drawing power from the NAND. This is the first one of these 4gb NAND systems I have ran into. It is a 360e console, I think a Corona v6. I read on many of these Corona's, you have to bridge a couple of the resistor points as well, would that be the case here?

The crystal on the motherboard should NOT be shorted (disabled) when you try to run the dashboard...

Sent from my SM-G903F

ok, thank you for your quick response. i got the nand dumped. i did one full dump and 2 normal dumps. i will hook up my ace chip when i get home tonight. i should have done that before i did the nand, but we all learn from our mistakes. sorry about being so cautious on this, but this is my first Corona board.

I guess I will make an sd card like everyone else, I had to disconnect the reader before I could start the console. I soldered everything back in, after getting my cpu key. Now it freezes up trying to write back to the nand.

Edit:

Everything is done and working fine now. I was informed that the card reader has issues reading and writing, that is why she gave that one to me. I unplugged it and plugged it back in a few times and it worked. Thank you for your help.