RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Be4stElectrjc

System Link Between RGH And Retail Is Possible?

Since Retail looks for RGH in LAN, but RGH is in the LiNK VLAN this is not possible. Can i switch between System Link and LiNK in RGH disabling LiNK or may i need others operations to succeed in this concern?

• Like 2

Since Retail looks for RGH in LAN, but RGH is in the LiNK VLAN this is not possible. Can i switch between System Link and LiNK in RGH disabling LiNK or may i need others operations to succeed in this concern?

disable the freestyle plugin on the RGH, and it will connect to "retail" console just fine.. 

• Like 1

disable the freestyle plugin on the RGH, and it will connect to "retail" console just fine.. 

Just tried, was enough to disable link checkbox. Thanks man.

In case people who find this thread in the future have problems: The retail console will not have pingpatch of course, so the ping must be under 30ms.

In case people who find this thread in the future have problems: The retail console will not have pingpatch of course, so the ping must be under 30ms.

Which it normally does in a LAN setting, which is also what this thread is all about, getting LAN SystemLink working between a RGH/JTAG system and a retail system

Yeah like swizzy said, but you can never ever connect retail to LiNK.. only modified consoles..

As well.. for anyone else.. you can NOT connect 2 xbox's via 1 being wifi, and other being wired.. they both have to be wired or both have to be wireless..

• Like 1

Yeah like swizzy said, but you can never ever connect retail to LiNK.. only modified consoles..

As well.. for anyone else.. you can NOT connect 2 xbox's via 1 being wifi, and other being wired.. they both have to be wired or both have to be wireless..

In my "Play With Friends" setup retail was Wi-Fi and RGH Wired, no problems at all. System Link was used of course, not LiNK. I write here for future reference.

In my "Play With Friends" setup retail was Wi-Fi and RGH Wired, no problems at all. System Link was used of course, not LiNK. I write here for future reference.

I love when people say something with no real proof.. even microsoft says it cant happen.. but sure.. why not just say something and let people believe it..

My source:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/console/connect-system-link-play

I have played all yesterday afternoon with my friend. I have no reason to say a lie. I am free on skype if you want a proof...

Send me a PM and i will give my account.

I have played all yesterday afternoon with my friend. I have no reason to say a lie. I am free on skype if you want a proof...

Send me a PM and i will give my account.

I do have a theory of how it can be accomplished.. such as using multiple routers, but as i said.. several people, to include microsoft, even my own personal experience, that they wont connect.. can you use 2 routers and have 1 wired and 1 not.. possibly.. if the ip addys are diff it might be possible.. but again.. just a theory.. your network might be something else.. but i stand firm that regularly, rgh or not, you can not connect 2 xbox 360's with mixed connections..

Edit: swizzy or anyone else can come and confirm or tell me otherwise.. but im pretty sure they will agree with me

I do have a theory of how it can be accomplished.. such as using multiple routers, but as i said.. several people, to include microsoft, even my own personal experience, that they wont connect.. can you use 2 routers and have 1 wired and 1 not.. possibly.. if the ip addys are diff it might be possible.. but again.. just a theory.. your network might be something else.. but i stand firm that regularly, rgh or not, you can not connect 2 xbox 360's with mixed connections..

Edit: swizzy or anyone else can come and confirm or tell me otherwise.. but im pretty sure they will agree with me

ISP: Vodafone

Router: Vodafone Station Revolution

Xbox 360 Wi-Fi: Trinity Retail

Xbox 360 WIred: Corona RGH

Game Tried: Ghost Recon Future Soldier TU#5

Mode Tried: Guerrilla

It works, if you don't trust i can provide proof. Just ask if you need more data about it. I achieved even Xbox 360 and Xbox One System Link with Xbox 360 Wi-Fi and Xbox One Wired.

Game: Gears of War TU#5

Mode: Multiplayer (Annex)

It's not a question of agree, i achieved and here there is my setup. I prefer always to talk with data rather than words, i agree with you on this thing.

ISP: Vodafone

Router: Vodafone Station Revolution

Xbox 360 Wi-Fi: Trinity Retail

Xbox 360 WIred: Corona RGH

Game Tried: Ghost Recon Future Soldier TU#5

Mode Tried: Guerrilla

It works, if you don't trust i can provide proof. Just ask if you need more data about it. I achieved even Xbox 360 and Xbox One System Link with Xbox 360 Wi-Fi and Xbox One Wired.

Game: Gears of War TU#5

Mode: Multiplayer (Annex)

It's not a question of agree, i achieved and here there is my setup. I prefer always to talk with data rather than words, i agree with you on this thing.

ok, xbox one is completely diff.. regardless if it is a backwards compatible game or not.. i am talking about 2 360's.. if you read the link i posted before, 

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/console/connect-system-link-play

314ccc6.png

now.. i will say this, maybe your router treats wifi and wired as separate connections internally, which would be what i said about using 2 routers.. IF you can i do believe you, but is more than likely your particular router alone.. it isn't a standard thing by any means..  which is what i will specify once again, is it possible? yes.. NORMALLY you can't.. but lucky you, you found a router that isn't a pain lol..

edit: and once again i have provided PROOF to what i am saying.. to which ANYONE can verify.. how's that for your comment about "talk with data"?

Do you know how many things relating microsoft products are unofficially supported but work anyway? Just take the time to try them and see if they work for you. If you can't achieve it with your router i am sorry, maybe someone else can do it. There isn't a universal rule. With my sentence i mean i provided all data about my setup. I just want people who read this topic, as you say, know it is possible and feel free to try. If it doesn't work, amen.

Do you know how many things relating microsoft products are unofficially supported but work anyway? Just take the time to try them and see if they work for you. If you can't achieve it with your router i am sorry, maybe someone else can do it. There isn't a universal rule. With my sentence i mean i provided all data about my setup. I just want people who read this topic, as you say, know it is possible and feel free to try. If it doesn't work, amen.

You are not the first person to try it.. that is what i am saying.. and i am not the first person to tell you it wont happen.. there are plenty of threads about it on several sites dating years back bro.. i fully support you saying that your particular router/setup works.. but to say it is possible with EVERY setup, you cant do.. you really are lucky tho, i give you that.. and honestly.. i dunno why the rgh nand doesnt have that feature patched.. we got LiNK/pingpatch/ect but cant patch to allow mixed connections? Haha..

You are not the first person to try it.. that is what i am saying.. and i am not the first person to tell you it wont happen.. there are plenty of threads about it on several sites dating years back bro.. i fully support you saying that your particular router/setup works.. but to say it is possible with EVERY setup, you cant do.. you really are lucky tho, i give you that.. and honestly.. i dunno why the rgh nand doesnt have that feature patched.. we got LiNK/pingpatch/ect but cant patch to allow mixed connections? Haha..

Talked to the US Department Xbox Supervisor of the support. They don't recommend it because not all the routers wireless capabilities are good and Xbox 360 could randomly disconnect especially if router is far from console. I must say i have very low ping values (almost wired ones) when i ping my wireless device in the LAN and it is very close to router. I am not saying it is possilble for all, they only want to provide the best service and knowing the problems, i wrote here in this post, prefer to avoid complications and say just it isn't possible.

Certificate_WFA54702.pdf

Impossible is nothing. Unless your router is outdated, any connection either wired or wireless can be assigned IP address from the same range if you do your configuration properly. Thus you can achieve LAN connection on both a wired and wireless xbox

Sent from my SM-A9000 using Tapatalk

Most should be able to, but some cannot, if you always go in with the assumption it doesn't work, it's less painfull if you notice it not working...

Sent from my SM-G903F