RealModScene
Shuraim Ahmet

how "s-off" my huwawei phone

Can anyone tell me how to "S-OFF" huwawei honor 4x. I am trying to increase my internal memory and I have created the partitions successfully but when I try to select "ext2" in link2sd it says cannot mount partition, system is read only, I've searched internet and found out it's because of nand is locked but i cannot find how to unlock it, Thanks

• Like 2

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough, my problem was that I was running low on the internal memory so I decided to root my phone (Huawei Honor 4 x) to use sd card as internal memory via partitions in sd card. All this wen well but when i installed Link2sd to use partiotion ext4 it gives an erroe :Manu script can't be created. Read only system". So I was hoping to get a fix here. If it can't be posted here I am sorry about that just let me know and I'd remove the post.

Are you talking about being able to move apps to the sdcard, or about setting up swap space, for internal ram? If you created a swap partition, you will not be able to read it, as it is a special system partition, that is used by the kernel to free up ram for other apps that have priority. If you are talking about a partition to put apps on, format it as fat32, and use the standard system to move the apps to the sdcard. Fairly simple. If using for swap space, you will need to edit /etc/fstab, assuming it is the same on android as it is in linux, and have it mount the swap partition on boot. you could always open a root terminal and swapon /dev/sdXX, where XX is something like a1, b1, b2, etc. The letter designates drive, and the number designates partition. swapon might be integrated into busybox, if it can be run on android at all. 

• Like 3

Not to mention, you HAVE to have a "rooted" phone also.. 

and setting up the swap partition is possible, but highly not recommended, because it will DRASTICALLY wear down the SD card.. if you wanna constantly buy em, go ahead, but you really are better off getting a "better" phone mate..

• Like 2

Thanks guys for your replies. I just wanted to transfer some apps like outlook, twitter and other apps which are not system apps but will not have move to sd card option highlighted. 

Thanks guys for your replies. I just wanted to transfer some apps like outlook, twitter and other apps which are not system apps but will not have move to sd card option highlighted.

That would be your android version mate.. but you still have to root your phone on older android versions to use apps like "app2sd" due to it not natively supporting it.. best bet, get a newer model with a higher android version, or look for a custom rom, but that still requires root, and there are loads of guides to achieve this
  • Like 2