RealModScene
cannon_dt

Need some help with my 4gb jtag

Hi,

I have a 4gb slim jtag Xbox 360. After quite a hiatus (about 6 months or so), I switched on my Xbox today only for it to report that my internal memory is Unformatted. All of my fsd files, games etc reside on an external 500 gb hdd.

Usually I go in to games, launch xex menu and then launch fsd off of there and then play my game but after this problem I don't see xex menu at all..... I don't know what has gone wrong but even though my external hdd is fine I'm unable to use/launch xex or fsd off of it.....

Given that I don't use the internal 4gb for anything I'm confused as to why this is happening... I also put in an internal hdd and that too is fine.... But none of the content (both internal and external hdd) seem accessible.....

Please help :(

Ananth

First of all, you don't have a "JTAG", you have a "RGH"...

Try using a launch.ini with default=usb:\path\to\xexmenu and see if that works

Sent from my SM-G903F

Sorry about that, somewhat of a novice wrt the terminology !

I had made a mistake in a diagnosing the problem, the Unformatted partition was my internal memory but I had assumed that the xex menu was in my external hdd while it was actually in the internal memory and hence I was not able to see xex or launch it (my friend who did the rgh had put it in the internal memory, only my fsd which I set up later was in the external ). So I put the xex onto my external hdd and all is swell now.

Thanks for the help and apologies for misreporting the issue :(

Ananth

But is there a fix for the unformatted internal memory? Mine happened right after I updated my kernel... To the latest

Sent from my SM-A9000 using Tapatalk

But is there a fix for the unformatted internal memory? Mine happened right after I updated my kernel... To the latest

It's not recommended to use any built-in memory as on most consoles it's shared with the system (dash), a tiny write error can wreck havoc on your system...

The only "fix" for unformatted internal memory is to format it in the dash which removes all content already there...

Sent from my SM-G903F

It's not recommended to use any built-in memory as on most consoles it's shared with the system (dash), a tiny write error can wreck havoc on your system...

The only "fix" for unformatted internal memory is to format it in the dash which removes all content already there...

Sent from my SM-G903F

Tried that. Still shows as unformatted memory

Same thing here too. Even though I formatted the internal memory successfully it goes back to its Unformatted state - I believe a replace is the only option which anyway is not possible for guys like me with an rgh .....

The best is to NOT use the internal memory, but.. i guess what i say and recommend is useless...

Sent from my SM-G903F

The best is to NOT use the internal memory, but.. i guess what i say and recommend is useless...

Sent from my SM-G903F

It's not useless at all..... I don't use the internal memory at all, I guess once it's screwed over there is no recovering it!

It's not useless at all..... I don't use the internal memory at all, I guess once it's screwed over there is no recovering it!

Why are you trying to make it work then, if you're not using it? i mean... you're trying to format it, make it useable again... that to me is ignoring my advice which means, my advice is useless...

Sent from my SM-G903F

I really don't use it for anything.. but I just like knowing it's functional...

Any way 24 hours later I tried formatting and it formatted and stayed that way. Not that I need it but it's a relief. 4gb corona

Why are you trying to make it work then, if you're not using it? i mean... you're trying to format it, make it useable again... that to me is ignoring my advice which means, my advice is useless...

Curiousity more so than anything man :D

Curiousity more so than anything man :D

Ever hear the expression "Curiosity killed the cat"?

Basically, any operation done to the memory may result in a write error which may result in a corrupt nand... which means the console stops working all together...

Also, by having the memory formatted you open it up for use by the kernel for storage, even if you don't use it yourself, the kernel can...

Sent from my SM-G903F

Lol you need me to destroy it myself?

What do you mean by that?

Sent from my SM-G903F