RealModScene
derrick_b

Can I download covers offline & how do I copy multi disked games…

Hey guys…

I am a newbie here… & I just wanted to leave a post to questions that I have.

I am literally new to Xbox 360 modding. I’ve only been at it for less than a week. I am running a RGH/JTAG Jasper system, & I had to install everything on it because it didn’t come with a HDD or anything preinstalled. Luckily I have some experience with modded systems because I personally modded my PS3 & Wii… so I have some understanding of how to jailbreak a system. They are all different platforms, but a lot of it carries over from 1 console to the next.

The thing that I wanted to know was –

(1) Is there any way that I can manually download & transfer the game covers for the games that I have on my HDD by hand & not from a direct internet download to the system so that the games that I have on my dash have covers? I am running an old Jasper model… & I don’t have the Jasper WI-FI adaptor that you plug into the back.  I have my system in my bedroom with me… & there is no way to hook it up to the internet via cables.

In all honesty… I really don’t want to get the WI-FI adaptor. It runs $20-25 on eBay… but it is going to be something that I will be using very little of. I don’t do any online play… & even though I have WI-FI in the house… it’s just 1 more thing that I have to buy that I don’t really want to.

The reason why I ask all this is that I most likely have the covers scanned & copied to my computer, & if Aurora’s file system is similar to the Wii in the sense that there is a directory where the .jpg or .png file of the cover is saved for offline display… is it possible that I can just drag & copy the picture itself  into that directory & Aurora will load that cover for ‘X’ game/s? I might be stretching it a bit here… but I imagine that it can be done. ½ of the time when you are presented with a problem, there are multiple options that you have to chose from to solve it. I don’t know the systems file structure that well … & if I can drag & drop files in to get a textured cover for a game, I am just wondering how I can do it if I don’t have an internet option.

A few years ago & almost died from cancer… & 1 of the things that I got into was that I would buy bulk lots of games off the internet. Sometimes they were complete… sometimes they weren’t. Sometimes they didn’t even work. Most of the games that I get sometimes are just the disk… & sometimes in very poor shape. What I’ve done is that I’ll send them in to get professionally cleaned… get them back… & would test them to make sure that they worked before reselling them. I’ve gotten a lot of nice games that work just fine after being polished that most people would have just thrown away. Because of that I have a lot of game covers scanned & saved on a HDD that I would use to reprint covers for resell. If I can just transfer those over to my JTAG system… that would make things a lot easier for me.

Can it be done? And how? I imagine that it can… but I haven’t seen anything.

(2) Secondly… like I said… I am new Xbox 360 modding, & am still learning. I’ve been only been doing it for a few days. I generally haven’t had any problems… & 98% of the games that I have ripped I’ve nailed with no problem at all. Right now I am trying to copy Castlevania – Lords of Shadow 1 & Dead Space 2 to an external HDD, but how do I rip them so that they work? I’ve been looking for tutorials to explain how… but either I haven’t found anything… or it wasn’t revaliant. I will be ripping these from a disk… not a downloaded ISO. Could you direct me to something so that I get what I am doing wrong?

Thanks guys & I hope that you can help me out!

DB

Ripping direct from disc you can use either fsd or aurora if you don't have the 0800 drive (360 dvd rom with modified firmware to rip games to pc with xbox backup creator)

Hey guys!

Thanks for the quick replies!

To answer the questions…

(1) Yes… I am using Aurora! Neat program by the way! I started with FSD… but now on Aurora. Liking it a lot more!

I watched the Aurora Asset Editor tutorial… & it’s pretty straight forward. I get how it works… but how do I know what file is for what cover? Does that show up in the editor? If I have no image or txt to refer to… I kind of don’t know what I am looking at. That’s the only thing that I really have a question with now.

(2) I am pretty much a wiz with ripping a Xbox/360 DVD. I usually use FSD or XEX manger to do the ripping. But the problem that I am having with Castlevania & Dead Space 2 is that they are 2 disks games. How do I label them on a HDD? Do I put each disk in a directory in by themselves, put them in a sub-directory under the game title, how do I do it? I am sorry for the stupid question… I haven’t seen a tutorial on how to do it… so I don’t know what I should do. Make any more sense?

Thanks again guys!

Hey guys!

Thanks for the quick replies!

To answer the questions…

(1) Yes… I am using Aurora! Neat program by the way! I started with FSD… but now on Aurora. Liking it a lot more!

I watched the Aurora Asset Editor tutorial… & it’s pretty straight forward. I get how it works… but how do I know what file is for what cover? Does that show up in the editor? If I have no image or txt to refer to… I kind of don’t know what I am looking at. That’s the only thing that I really have a question with now.

Aurora/Data/GameData/TitleID_DatabaseID/

From there, you'll find files named:

GCTitleID <--- Contains the Cover

GLTitleID <--- Contains the Icon & Banner

BKTitleID <--- Contains the Background

SSTitleID <--- Contains screenshots

You'll find the id's in Aurora\data\databases\content.db, open it with SQLite DB Browser...

Sent from my SM-G903F