RealModScene
Su1cid@lM0nk3y

Initial startup of Aurora - perpetual scanning of new titla updates

Hi guys,

Booted Aurora for the first time and it's gone into a perpetual scan for new title updates - I've had a look in the hdd1\cache but I have no TU's in the folder unless it's trying to check for new TU's online, but that doesn't sound possible as I've not added my unity settings to Aurora.

Any ideas?

• Like 6

It searches cache and content on all compatible devices...

Sent from my SM-G903F

I've found another location for XBOX default TU's (hdd1:\Contents\0000...00\TitleID\000B0000\) *thx Swizzy* - found it on one of your older posts.
I'll go check later and see if I've got some old TU's in this folder causing trouble with Aurora startup. How much time should I allow for Aurora's initial startup?
I.e. Aurora has not managed to get to the point of loading dash...at all. This all happens (or the lack of) during the splash/bootanim.
I've left it running for about 15min (guesstimate) and then had to kill XBOX cause *guide button + freestyle home" made it freak out. 

I do have to however note that FSD on reboot still loads perfectly fine no problems - with that said I have tried running Aurora from FSD and File Manager, but maybe I should try running it from XeXmenu instead. 

I've also seen in \Aurora\Data\ that there's a "Logs" folder - haven't gone and inspected mine yet, but should Aurora be saving event logs?
I.e. would I be able to inspect the logs and see if there's maybe another process that's causing the problem?

Worst case scenario - perhaps I should just delete the Aurora folder; download it again & do a fresh install.

Yes, it creates a log of what it's doing

Sent from my SM-G903F

I figure worst case scenario, you change the auto scan settings manually in the database, so you at least get to aurora. I does take time for the content/TU scans, as it will backup all of your TUs to aurora folder, and then add them to the database, so you dont have to download them again, as Aurora checks to see what TU is currently installed on game boot, and if it doesnt know about the TU, it will erase the one in content/cache, and attempt to copy the one aurora has to the correct place, to enable that. 

@Swizzy - below is a link to dropbox folder RMS containing the logs for the 2 attempts at loading Aurora. Along with a screenshot of the last load screen i see.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/q9b4bp0xpcszct0/AACf7Go2K_2fibk-XXGRj7Qra?dl=0

@gavin_darkglider -  I guess the "ScanAutoStart = 0" AND OR "TUScanAtBoot = 0" needs to be changed in setting.db

If it is equal to 0 like you say, it shouldnt be trying to scan anything. The logs looked good to me, but as a last ditch effort, try removing the .db files, as these will be recreated on aurora load, if they arent found, and see if you can get it to run properly.

Update:
Managed to get past the constant TU scan by changing the setting.db << TUScanAtBoot = 0 *huge thx to gavin_darkglider*

Another problem I've picked up on - on exit or restart - Aurora freezes and I'm forced to do a cold boot.
Could my problem stem from launch.ini? That the XBOX doesn't know how to handle the exit or restart command sent from Aurora.
My FSD & XeXmenu does not have this issue.

deleted the .db files - back to square 1 - Aurora freezes up at same point.

I then "guide + freestyle home" only for the xbox to freeze up completely once again - cold boot needed to get it going again...

It should work, just curious what kernel version are you running? As for the settings, change them so aurora loads, then see if you can do your content scanning manually.

Kernel version: 2.0.17502.0 & DashLaunch version: 3.17 Rev584

I've edited the settings.db again and gained access to Aurora dash
Content scanning seems to be working & it's busy downloading the cover art - I've also re-enabled TU autoscan in Aurora GUI - all seems to be working...

Further updates to follow.....  :thumbup: