RealModScene
xflbret

SNES360 games in 4:3?

Hello all,

I apologize if this is not the right place to ask this question, but it is the closest I could find on the web.

I have SNES 3.2. It works...technically. But, my big issue is that, for the life of me, I can not figure out how to run the games in their originally-intended 4:3 resolution. It just stretches them out to fill up my entire 16:9 screen...which I think looks horrible.

I do run FCE for the NES roms, and I got that running so that games will retain their 4:3 resolution. I have to believe there's a way in SNES360, as well. But, I just can't figure it out.

Can someone help?

You'll probably have to use the composite cable to get that to work, that way you can set it to NOT use widescreen, which would ultimately force it to be 4:3

Hello all,

I apologize if this is not the right place to ask this question, but it is the closest I could find on the web.

I have SNES 3.2. It works...technically. But, my big issue is that, for the life of me, I can not figure out how to run the games in their originally-intended 4:3 resolution. It just stretches them out to fill up my entire 16:9 screen...which I think looks horrible.

I do run FCE for the NES roms, and I got that running so that games will retain their 4:3 resolution. I have to believe there's a way in SNES360, as well. But, I just can't figure it out.

Can someone help?

Retroarch can change the aspect ratio on the fly, dunno about SNES360 tho

Retroarch can change the aspect ratio on the fly, dunno about SNES360 tho

Inspired by this post, I went to seek out RetroArch. I copied it over along with some ROMs...I am not trying to offend or disrespect, but this is probably the least intuitive software I have ever seen for the 360. I couldn't figure it out on my own, and my Googling didn't turn up too much in the way of tutorials.

Is there a well-written tut out there that someone here knows about that they can point me to to help me get going in Retroarch?

Inspired by this post, I went to seek out RetroArch. I copied it over along with some ROMs...I am not trying to offend or disrespect, but this is probably the least intuitive software I have ever seen for the 360. I couldn't figure it out on my own, and my Googling didn't turn up too much in the way of tutorials.

Is there a well-written tut out there that someone here knows about that they can point me to to help me get going in Retroarch?

http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/4957-emulators-that-work-with-auroras-autolaunch-feature/?hl=autolaunch

use the config file i upped on the last comment, and your troubles will be gone..

EDIT: the same config can be used in all cores.. plus it supports cheats ;-)

Edit 2: if you need any more help.. let me know mate

http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/4957-emulators-that-work-with-auroras-autolaunch-feature/?hl=autolaunch

use the config file i upped on the last comment, and your troubles will be gone..

EDIT: the same config can be used in all cores.. plus it supports cheats ;-)

Edit 2: if you need any more help.. let me know mate

I guess I do need some more help. I fire up retroarch, and nothing makes sense to me. In 15 years of using emulators of all kinds, I've never seen an interface like this, I don't know what "cores" are in the current context, and every time I press "A" to a choice, nothing happens.

I have been googling, but can not find a tutorial that is clear. Is there some sort of retroarch tut out there that only assumes that I can read English, and that I have an RGH 360, and assumes absolutely nothing else? Apparently I need something REALLY dumbed down to make this work.

I guess I do need some more help. I fire up retroarch, and nothing makes sense to me. In 15 years of using emulators of all kinds, I've never seen an interface like this, I don't know what "cores" are in the current context, and every time I press "A" to a choice, nothing happens.

I have been googling, but can not find a tutorial that is clear. Is there some sort of retroarch tut out there that only assumes that I can read English, and that I have an RGH 360, and assumes absolutely nothing else? Apparently I need something REALLY dumbed down to make this work.

Iirc the retroarch controls are inverted (b to select, a to go back)

Sent from my SM-G903F

1: dont touch cores or w.e.. as when you load default.xex that is the core

2: the buttons are not setup like xbox, but more so like snes controller.. where a=b b=a ect.. basically is swapped from xb to snes controller setup.. (this is assuming you are using my config i supplied)

3: once you load up the default.xex, you select load content "b button"

Then chose your game.. BUT if you DID set the scriptdata to emulators when you scanned in aurora.. you go to aurora, and press left on TU's, and a new option "roms" will appear.. you can select the rom and the retroarch specific core will load, and boot the game..

All of this is explained in the link i provided to the "unofficial" retroarch cores.. you should read that specific thread.. as all of your problems have been explained and answered.. if you take the 3 mins to read all the posts in that thread.. its all in english, it is all posted here on RMS.. so your "Googling" is pointless..

Here.. once again:

http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/4957-emulators-that-work-with-auroras-autolaunch-feature/

Use that version, along with the config file i gave in 2nd to last post.. as well as read what everyone else wrote in that thread as well.. and ALL of your questions will be answered.. so yeah.. now your problem is looking elsewhere instead of here.. like i told you and gave links to earlier..

Edit: the only thing that hasn't changed, is once you are in game, you press both analog sticks to bring up the retroarch menu, and once again, press em to return to the game

EDIT 2: i've added a tutorial with pix here also.. that just needs to be approved: http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/7220-tut-retroarch-unofficial/

Iirc the retroarch controls are inverted (b to select, a to go back)

Sent from my SM-G903F

Thats only with my config.. without it.. the controls are super messed up, analog doesnt work proper.. and other stuff..

I setup the buttons like a snes controller period due to if i setup like a xb controller, then the game controls will be ass backwards as most of the emulators for older systems are backwards from what the xb controllers are..

• Like 1