RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
NoSoul

Aurora deleting title updates?

As a disclaimer it is very possible I don't know what I'm doing when it comes to title updates, so I need help. But when I download a title update through aurora they don't work and not only that after I start the game I check after the title updates aren't even on my hdd1 anymore? 

The main one I've had trouble with is Rise of the Tomb Raider. You need title update 4 to play the dlc and I've never gotten the dlc to work. It always says "TU: 0" when I hit the home button while playing the game. The tricky thing about Rise of the Tomb Raider is the title update is too large for unity to have it on it's website because it's over 300 mb, so I thought that was the problem. However I am also trying to update The Evil Within and Dishonored because my saves won't work unless I update the TU and those are small TUs like 4mb and 15mb and I can't get those to work either. I download the TU it says installed but when I launch the game it still says "TU:0" So I am lost when it comes to title updates. I've also tried manually transfering the title updates from flash drive over to hdd1 and same results. 

After manually transferring a TU you need to have Aurora scan for TU's, otherwise it will delete the TU when you launch the game as it believes you don't want to have the TU enabled...

i download a TU for The Evil Within a few days ago so i could play the dlc. Make sure to activate the TU by pressing the A button while the downloaded TU is highlighted.

Yes I enabled them. 

I got the other title updates to work by redownloading them through aurora. But still no joy on Rise of the Tomb Raider. Is it normal that since the title update for that game is over 600 mb that aurora can't handle it? I know I've read it can't be added to unity because of the size (thus there's never any tu's to download for the game on aurora) but does the size prevent aurora from installing it after you've added it manually? I've been trying to play the DLC for weeks but have been unable to as it requires TU 4 or newer.

Yes I am enabled them. 

I got the other title updates to work by redownloading them through aurora. But still no joy on Rise of the Tomb Raider. Is it normal that since the title update for that game is over 600 mb that aurora can't handle it? I know I've read it can't be added to unity because of this but does the size prevent aurora from installing it after you've added it manually?

It can handle them fine, it's just XboxUnity that cannot handle it... how did you transfer the TU? did you make sure it's the correct one for your version of the game?

Yes I checked the media id it's 0A657B25 and I have the TU for this media, I've tried TU 4 and 5. I have tried both putting them flash drive and transfering over and through horizon. But maybe I didn't scan immediately after transferring right now aurora deleted the TU so I am redownloading it and I will try to manually add it then have aurora scan and see if it works. 

Yes I checked the media id it's 0A657B25 and I have the TU for this media, I've tried TU 4 and 5. I have tried both putting them flash drive and transfering over and through horizon. But maybe I didn't scan immediately after transferring right now aurora deleted the TU so I am redownloading it and I will try to manually add it then have aurora scan and see if it works.

MediaID isn't what's important, it's BaseVersion, most of the time MediaID goes hand-in-hand tho... anyways, once you've installed a TU manually, make sure to tell Aurora to scan for new TU's, then make sure it's enabled in Aurora and it should work...

Manually added tu then scanned, then enabled still says TU:0 and DLC not working. 

When I start the game it just says "installing title updates" but only takes a second for the game to start but it should take a little bit because of the size of the title update, something's wrong. It shows under Title Updates Installed Version 5 (656.2 MB) \Xbox360\System\HDD1\Content in Aurora and it's enabled, but no work. 

Well I just tried another tu I had and this time it worked. Maybe I had a corrupt TU or something. Thank you very much. 

Maybe it corrupted during download or maybe even when transferring.. Or the TU was already corrupted..

• Like 1

Manually added tu then scanned, then enabled still says TU:0 and DLC not working. 

When I start the game it just says "installing title updates" but only takes a second for the game to start but it should take a little bit because of the size of the title update, something's wrong. It shows under Title Updates Installed Version 5 (656.2 MB) \Xbox360\System\HDD1\Content in Aurora and it's enabled, but no work. 

Well I just tried another tu I had and this time it worked. Maybe I had a corrupt TU or something. Thank you very much.

An easy way to check big TU's for corruption is if they show up in NXE as "Title Update" or "Corrupt ..." ("Title Update" is what it should say)

Yeah it always showed in the original dashboard as a title update no corruption.

Here's something weird, after getting it to work I just checked again and the title update is gone from the hdd again and the DLC once again doesn't work and it says TU: 0 when I said it worked it said TU: 5. I thought I was good so I deleted it from my computer, I guess I will have to keep it and keep reinstalling it. 

You guys that worked on Aurora did a great job overall but the title updates are broken. Why would it delete my title update when I already had it working? Why would it delete title updates at all? 

Aurora just deletes all my title updates now, I really don't know what to do. I tried Phantom Pain let aurora scan it and made it active then start the game it says TU: 0 then I leave the game check the hdd and the title update is gone. Same thing that was happening on Rise of the Tomb Raider. 

You probably disabled the TU instead of enabling it...

Sent from my SM-G903F

No I did not I hit Y button on the game went to title updates and enabled the update. It has deleted Rise of the Tomb Raider title update like 20 times now every single time I play the game no matter what i do the title update disappears. Then I added one for Metal Gear Solid Phantom Pain and it deleted it too. It is deleting my title updates that are active.

No I did not I hit Y button on the game went to title updates and enabled the update. It has deleted Rise of the Tomb Raider title update like 20 times now every single time I play the game no matter what i do the title update disappears. Then I added one for Metal Gear Solid Phantom Pain and it deleted it too. It is deleting my title updates that are active.

Does it say "Enable" or "Disable" as the action for the A button?

If it says Enable it means you disabled it ;)

Sent from my SM-G903F

Does it say "Enable" or "Disable" as the action for the A button?

If it says Enable it means you disabled it ;)

Sent from my SM-G903F

It says disable because I enabled it, that is not the problem. It's something else. It's not difficult to enable the title update I know how to do it although I understand how that could be an issue for someone that's not paying attention. 

I'm thinking about just reinstalling Aurora but I have like 200 games that I know I will have trouble getting some of the covers and I don't always like the default covers, or I may just say screw it and forget about the dlc. But it's not really about one game anymore because it's deleting other active title updates. 

It says disable because I enabled it, that is not the problem. It's something else.

Send me the contents of your Data\Databases\ and i'll try to help you

Sent from my SM-G903F

It says you aren't permitted to upload this kind of file when I tried to add contents.db and settings.db by attaching files to this post,  am I suppsoed to do it a different way? 

Ok, I uploaded it twice because I thought it might be helpful to have one with the title updates to rise of the tomb raider there and one with it deleted, the first one is without the title update (after being deleted) the second one is with it.

The only enabled TU i can see is the one for Rise Of The Tomb Raider...

It's filename is said to be: tu00000003_00000000 and it's said to be located here: HDD1:\Content\0000000000000000\53510823\000B0000\ TU# 5, BaseVersion 3, MediaID A657B25 and TitleID 53510823

In both databases it's set to be active (enabled) so it doesn't make any sense for it to be disabled, unless the file you put there is not the same one as is listed in the database...

You can compare it using the file located here: Game:\Data\TitleUpdates\3930383032314250323438335351474A39564130\53510823\2D1F1F9085196EE74993611F1131712C817732DE\tu00000003_00000000, if it's a 1:1 match to what you're installing, it's super weird, if it's not... well, that's why...

I previously tried other title updates but then I deleted those and kept trying tu 5 only for the last few days of attempting it, so that is the title update.

What's even weirder is I put another Aurora on my usb and activated and scanned for title updates and it did the exact same thing! deleted the title update. It also deleted my title update to Metal Gear Solid 5 Phantom Pain. 

Is there anyone within the development of Aurora that could look at it? (or are you that person?) 

Well I think I clearly proved this is a problem with Aurora, and by your lack of response for over a month now I can only assume you don't know how to fix it and don't want to deal with it. It seems there's somebody that could look at it if not you that might be able to rectify it. 

Not trying to be rude but what is the point of this forum if problems just go unsolved?