RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
awgtpstaw

More than 1 font in aurora

Figured something out I thought i'd share. the only way i could have more than one font at a time was to call upon it in the skin.xml file obviously

<font name="SFNS Display" 
file="Fonts/SFNS.otf" default="false" absolute="false" fallback="ConsoleFont" />

i had to name it SFNS Display but add whatever font i want..that way i have the Default font..in my case 'Convection' and SFNS as 'Jefferies'..my issue came with xuitools only having the option of the two fonts Default and SFNS which i thought was the default. So now I have 2 custom fonts working.

If theres an easier way please let me know.

Hope it helps...and made any sense to others.

Yeah you change the font in the skin.xml mate.. no xuitool needed.. ;-)

<fonts>
<font name="Segoe UI Regular" file="Fonts/tempus.ttf" default="true" absolute="false" fallback="ConsoleFont" />
<font name="Segoe UI Bold" file="Fonts/segoeuib_r.ttf" default="false" absolute="false" fallback="ConsoleFont" />
<font name="Segoe UI Black" file="Fonts/seguibl_r.ttf" default="false" absolute="false" fallback="ConsoleFont" />
<font name="Segoe UI Semibold" file="Fonts/seguisb_r.ttf" default="false" absolute="false" fallback="ConsoleFont" />
</fonts>

just change to the name of "file=" to the font file you place in the new skin.. presto

now as for having an OPTION to change, that would have to be an aurora coded thing..
  • Like 1

yea but mine is

<font name="Segoe UI Regular" file="Fonts/segoeui_r.ttf" default="true" absolute="false" fallback="ConsoleFont" />
<font name="Segoe UI Bold" file="Fonts/segoeuib_r.ttf" default="false" absolute="false" fallback="ConsoleFont" />
<font name="Segoe UI Black" file="Fonts/seguibl_r.ttf" default="false" absolute="false" fallback="ConsoleFont" />
<font name="Segoe UI Semibold" file="Fonts/seguisb_r.ttf" default="false" absolute="false" fallback="ConsoleFont" />

<font name="SFNS Display" file="Fonts/SFNS.otf" default="false" absolute="false" fallback="ConsoleFont" />
</fonts>

becuase you know how xuitools only has 2 options for font 'Default' and 'SFNS Display' this way I can have 2 different fonts at the same time as i couldnt find anywhere to specify semibold and whatever in xuitools otherwise i would have just changed one of them

yea but mine is

<font name="Segoe UI Regular" file="Fonts/segoeui_r.ttf" default="true" absolute="false" fallback="ConsoleFont" />

<font name="SFNS Display" file="Fonts/SFNS.otf" default="false" absolute="false" fallback="ConsoleFont" />
</fonts>

becuase you know how xuitools only has 2 options for font 'Default' and 'SFNS Display' this way I can have 2 different fonts at the same time as i couldnt find anywhere to specify semibold and whatever in xuitools otherwise i would have just changed one of them

xuitools DOESNT CHANGE the fonts.. i already told you.. you change in the skin.xml mate.. no xuitools needed at ALL!!!!

<fonts>
<font name="Segoe UI Regular" file="Fonts/tempus.ttf" default="true" absolute="false" fallback="ConsoleFont" />
</fonts>

change to:

<fonts>
<font name="Segoe UI Regular" file="Fonts/NEWFONT.ttf" default="true" absolute="false" fallback="ConsoleFont" />
<font name="Segoe UI Bold" file="Fonts/NEWFONT.ttf" default="false" absolute="false" fallback="ConsoleFont" />
<font name="Segoe UI Black" file="Fonts/NEWFONT.ttf" default="false" absolute="false" fallback="ConsoleFont" />
<font name="Segoe UI Semibold" file="Fonts/NEWFONT.ttf" default="false" absolute="false" fallback="ConsoleFont" />
</fonts>

file="Fonts/NEWFONT.ttf" <- is the line you change in the skin.xml.. ANY standard windows font will work mate.. but you need "TRUE TYPE FONT".. that is what .TTF is..

or you can use these:

http://www.webpagepublicity.com/free-fonts-x.html

hehe i am aware of this, you are not getting what im saying..i am aware xuitools DOESNT CHANGE the fonts...but it does specify which font you are using for which section..which most of the time is the "DEFAULT" font...you are talking about changing all the font in aurora from the DEFAULT hense
<font name="Segoe UI Regular" file="Fonts/NEWFONT.ttf" default="true" absolute="false" fallback="ConsoleFont" />
!!default = true!!
to something else and have ONE font for everything.. i however am talking about having TWO different fonts on the same screen at the same time without having to change the BOLD font which screwed things up for me when i just changed

<font name="Segoe UI Bold" file="Fonts/NEWFONT.ttf" default="false" absolute="false" fallback="ConsoleFont" />

to my own font.

if you still dont get what im saying open xuitools click on some text and under the font drop down menu it will specify <DEFAULT TYPE FACE> and "SFNS DISPLAY" 

all i did was add SFNS DISPLAY to the skin.xml file as default=false so i can call upon it in the xur files/xuitools

<font name="SFNS Display" file="Fonts/MYFONTHERE.otf" default="false" absolute="false" fallback="ConsoleFont" />

.otf works too as its a type of ttf

would be easier to explain with pics but i cbf uploading

Prt scr, great button on everyones keyboard, use it... open paint and press Ctrl + V, voila, screenshot made... from there you can trim the image to show only what you need... or better yet, gyazo <3

Sent from my SM-G903F

Prt scr, great button on everyones keyboard, use it... open paint and press Ctrl + V, voila, screenshot made... from there you can trim the image to show only what you need... or better yet, gyazo <3

Sent from my SM-G903F

snipping tool (built in win7+ works too ;-)

hehe i am aware of this, you are not getting what im saying..i am aware xuitools DOESNT CHANGE the fonts...but it does specify which font you are using for which section..which most of the time is the "DEFAULT" font...you are talking about changing all the font in aurora from the DEFAULT hense

!!default = true!!

to something else and have ONE font for everything.. i however am talking about having TWO different fonts on the same screen at the same time without having to change the BOLD font which screwed things up for me when i just changed

to my own font.

if you still dont get what im saying open xuitools click on some text and under the font drop down menu it will specify <DEFAULT TYPE FACE> and "SFNS DISPLAY" 

all i did was add SFNS DISPLAY to the skin.xml file as default=false so i can call upon it in the xur files/xuitools

<font name="SFNS Display" file="Fonts/MYFONTHERE.otf" default="false" absolute="false" fallback="ConsoleFont" />

.otf works too as its a type of ttf

would be easier to explain with pics but i cbf uploading

347vcbs.png

and for the FINAL time.. THIS DOES ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to change the DAMN font.. the font is called upon from skin.xml.. NOT MATTER WHAT YOU DO in xuitools, IT DOES NOT AFFECT the SKIN!!!!!

Aurora WILL HAVE TO BE CODED to accept a different FONT, from a "FONT SELECTION" option.. UNLESS YOU MANUALLY CHANGE the fonts inside SKIN.XML

if you would take the 5 seconds to rename ALL or just 1 of the settings in the skin.xml, rebuild skin, and TEST it.. you will REALIZE what i have been saying THIS ENTIRE time.. IS TRUE!!!

EDIT: if you HAVEN'T tested it. send me the damn font. i will build a skin JUST CHANGING the font in skin.xml, and take screenshots..

EDIT 2:

i changed the 1st line to:

which is tempus sans and it brought this change:

2ro6p6x.jpg

notice how MOST of the font is "TEMPUS SANS"??

EDIT 3: i guess i should have to mention this also.. YOU HAVE TO PLACE YOUR FONT INTO THE FONTS FOLDER ALSO!!

yea yea i get that..the default font has changed i know...my thing was like semibold for example.. if i were to change that how can i have say 'XBOX 360' in the top left..which is IDLE for you..a different font becuase changing the default changes basically everything..how do you determine which part of the skin is say..SEMIBOLD..obviously after changing the skin.xml file Segoe UI Semibold" file="Fonts/seguisb_r.ttf" to whatever you want

my issue was never changing the font...it was having multiple custom fonts and selecting which font is going where..as i cant find the option to set something as SEMIBOLD or whatever..because obviously id like the Reg and Bold to be the same font

yea yea i get that..the default font has changed i know...my thing was like semibold for example.. if i were to change that how can i have say 'XBOX 360' in the top left..which is IDLE for you..a different font becuase changing the default changes basically everything..how do you determine which part of the skin is say..SEMIBOLD..obviously after changing the skin.xml file Segoe UI Semibold" file="Fonts/seguisb_r.ttf" to whatever you want

yeah the "semibold" is exactly that.. now WHERE it is semi bold.. would be stuff like when you press Y, and the game options where it shows the game name.. is bold.. 

PIC:

169opd4.jpg

notice how that font ISN'T tempus sans?? that says 0 day attack on earth??

matter of fact, in skin.xur, it is XuiLabel_Heading_28pt_Bold

and the option of that is "Ellipsis" WTF ever that is supposed to mean lol:

2vuaeme.png

you wanna change the BOLD fonts.. change the 

line.. 

where exactly EVERY font is placed.. i dunno.. try changed all the fonts, to 4 different ones.. and test it out.. and see where it shows up.. lolol

ok so i tested what you said, and it worked..i think i get it..needa mess around a lil as...it may just be font size that is decieving me into thinking i have 2 diff fonts on the main screen

ok so what i said is also working please just try what i said and test it for yourself i will show a pic but i needa setup xbox360 neirbourhood...sec

ok so i tested what you said, and it worked..i think i get it..needa mess around a lil as...it may just be font size that is decieving me into thinking i have 2 diff fonts on the main screen

you "COULD" try to tick the option that says "BOLD" or "ITALIC" and that MAY change the font.. lol.. i haven't tested ALL the options.. but yeah..

this would also change EVERYTHING that is bold/italic, instead of just the ONE you are trying to change..

EDIT: and this is because AURORA is coded to used a specified font setting.. there is no option to use MULTIPLE different fonts at different integers/locations..

my method works, shouts to swizzy for prnt scrn :p

192_168_1_17_image1.jpg

ok.. SOOOO.. what you wanted to do,

1: in XUITools was hit tools/options and add your font.. and add what ever name you wanted.. 

2. the add the line in skin.xml

i got you there.. but you left that whole part out.. lol

EDIT: 

iw0vly.png

EDIT 2: you can name it what ever mate.. honestly.. SNFS Display isn't needed.. you can leave it at SNFS (or what ever..)

and have multiple fonts..

Thanks for the share mate.. but MORE details would have helped..

• Like 1

i had no idea about that part :p for whatever reason my xuitools had SFNS on there already but that definatley helps to add more fonts now. thanks mate

• Like 2

i had no idea about that part :p for whatever reason my xuitools had SFNS on there already but that definatley helps to add more fonts now. thanks mate

yeah.. you must have certain fonts set as default in windows.. BUT the way i showed works better.. i think.. as MOST dont have those options randomly set.. lol.. now ANYONE can set ANY call.. glad to work out the kinks with you mate ;-)

• Like 1