RealModScene
Jokerski

Question about Dash

Guys,

Can you please explain to me why someone is talking about updating dash from 14xxxx to 16xxxx so the games can work fine. Is it required for me coz i'm on the 14xxxxx....

I don't have my cpu key a local dealer has rgh it for me, so it would be real mess for me to start from somewhere and do something.

Actually i'm a developer and i know exactly how to update my kernel/dash but is it necessary to be updated for new games ?

I have problems with hitman, but i saw on a post that someone has figured how to play the game on a dash 14xxxx, it means i can make it also, and it is not a problem for new games. Maybe some tricks can do it for it, i feel newbie with does xex etc.

Can someone more advanced help me figured out how, when and what to do for update excluding F3 and dashlaunch (for them i'm up to date).

Thaks mates

You need your CPU Key or make a updflash.bin file and use jrunner to make a safe update via the xell, then use the same update (official) to get your avatars/kinect support

you will eventually need to update, so if it is going to be a pain in the ass for you to get your cpu key and nanddump(s) i suggest you start working on it now so you will be able to take care of your console in the future

it is very simple to learn what you need to do

1. Connect your console to your home network via an ethernet (wired) connection

2. Power on your console with the eject button in order to boot into Xell

3. Once Xell has finished loading, it will provide you with an IP address

4. Now go to your PC, and open your web browser of choice (I prefer Firefox), and enter that IP address into your address bar, and press enter

5. You will be brought to a web based portal for Xell Reloaded where you can easily download a copy of your NAND image, as well as obtain your DVD & CPU keys

Posted Image

6. Select the option for "Raw Flash" to download a copy of your NAND.

7. while still in xell load j-runner entrer your xbox ip

8. click on get cpu key it will then obtain your cpu key automatically

9. In j-runner select "Glitch" under "XeBuild Options", and download and install the latest "Dash Version"

Posted Image

10. After selecting "Add Dash" as referenced above, you will be prompted with a new pop-up window where you can select the dashes which you wish to have downloaded and installed within J-Runner.

Posted Image

11. after your dash versions are finished downloading and installing, you can load your "Source File" (original NAND dump)

Posted Image

12. if you followed step 6 your cpu key will be automatically pasted in the cpu key slot in j-runner

13. Make sure "DashLaunch Patches" is not checked. As a rule of thumb I never include DashLaunch with any NAND update that I build. It is extremely easy to install DashLaunch after the update has been completed. Also, make sure that you've got the correct selection referenced for your glitch type. For RGH 1, select "RGH". For RGH 2, select "RGH 2"

14. If you don't know for sure which wiring scheme was done on your console and you have DashLaunch v3.00 or above installed, launch the GUI for DashLaunch and you can get the system info directly from within the app look at the bottom right will say glitch. There you can confirm whether your console was RGH'd with Glitch (RGH) or Glitch2 (RGH 2)

Posted Image

15. When J-Runner is all set, you should have your preferred dash selected within "Dash Version", your "Source File" & "CPU Key" loaded, your Nand Info showing within J-Runner, and J-Runner reporting "Nand Initialization Finished" within the command window. Your next step is to select "Create Image".

16. Upon selecting "Create Image" you will be requested to select your Motherboard Type "again dashlaunch will tell you this right above you found your glitch type"

Posted Image

17. Make your selection for your specific MB Type, and press "OK". Give J-Runner a moment to finish building your updated FreeBOOT image. Once completed, you will receive the following message within J-Runner "xeBuild Finished. Have a nice day." J-Runner will also tell you the directory path where it has saved the updated image.

Posted Image

18. J-Runner will always create a directory within the main application directory labeled after the serial number of your console. This is where you will find your newly created image. The updated image will be titled "updflash.bin".

19. Copy the "updflash.bin" file to the root of a FAT32 USB formatted flashdrive (NOTE: Make sure nothing else is on the drive.)

20. Power on your console with the eject button so that it boots into Xell

21. Allow Xell a few seconds to load, and insert the USB flashdrive into your console

22. The update should begin automatically. (Note: If the update does not begin automatically after a couple of minutes, refer to the alternate method referenced below using Rawflash v4.)

23. The console should prompt you to power down once the update has been completed.

24. MOST IMPORTANT PART - Power down your console, and pull the power plug completely from the console so that it is not receiving any power whatsoever. The console should remain without power for 30 seconds to 1 minute. I tend to wait a couple of minutes before powering on my console to make sure there are no update errors.

• Like 3

Whoaa! with this guide u can go make urself an update its pretty informative ! thumbs up. thanks, Tweak !

TY mate... this should be a top pinned comment...

Nicely done my friend.... briliant....

I have a question. Isn't the xebuild an alternative to j runner, also an easier way to do it ?

About the xell, do i really need a component cable to see the screen ?

XeBuild is NOT a J-Runner alternative!!!

XeBuild is the original 2nd Gen app that creates your FreeBOOT image, it is the only app that can do this..... all these other programs like J-Runner and whatnot are just GUI interfaces that are using XeBuild to create the hacked nand image. XeBuild is the REAL SHIT, the rest are just pretty interfaces.

Jokerski Not sure if you need component cable for xell. I'm using a hdmi

I've never used or heard of XeBuild just recently found j-runner by a google search a month ago while trying to find out how to update my console. Might check out XeBuild.

Guys,

I have reallly weird problem.

I press the eject button and do not get picture on my tv, i though it is the HDMI. I lookup in the router and i found the ip of the xbox. I typed it in chrome and got access to xell, i've dumped the file i think it's ok

My XBOX is Corona Glitch 2, i checked everything got the key with the ip check in the xebuild, i was just confused which one i should select freeboot or ECC. Please help me with that.

The main problem is, when i try to access my xbox even on composite cable it cannot boot to xell, it stops glitching and the light is green but the screen is black. I checked the cable and i can boot to dash without problems.

Do i miss some folder on the hdd or something....

I'm really confused coz i can access the xell thru IP address and i can't access on the tv the screen is black....

Please help me i'm really disappointed right now.

TY

you can't see xell on tv with most coronas, has to accessed by IP

you can run "NAND Flasher 360 for XBOX 360 v1.2.0" in FSD and you can dump your nand,etc and even write it back too...so much easier