RealModScene

2ro6p6x.jpg

Made a new skin, is best with Rising Phoenix coverflow..

http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/6170-cfl-new-cfl-background-combo-rising-phoenix/ )

MAKE SURE YOU READ THE NOTES prior to use!!!!

Shoutouts:

Swizzy - For dealing with my questions and harassment

QuattroGam3r - For making me images as well as being a "cool dude"

Team Phoenix - For Aurora of course

How to Conver to XMA

NEEDS: 
SDK/XDK installed
Audacity (another prog might work, but this is what i use, and is FREE!!)
Some MP3's
Half a brain (i used all of the 1/4 i have left haha) 

1. Copy xma2encode from SDK install directory to "C:/Windows/System32/".
2. Open Audacity, File->Open (or Ctrl+O), select MP3.
3. File->Export Audio (or Ctrl+Shift+E), save as "song#.wav" for convienece (# = 1-8), and select "WAV (Microsoft) signed 16-bit PCM" as "SAVE AS TYPE:".
4. Navigate to where you stored the "song#.wav" and hold Shift+Right Click, select "Open Command Prompt here".
5. Type this in command prompt: "xma2encode song#.wav".
6. Wait for it to convert, there is no progress bar, but will produce "song#.xma" when finished, as well as bring up another input line(you can just press "UP ARROW" on keyboard to bring up last typed command, and change the number for quick converting all 8 songs).

How to REPLACE xma songs in skin

NEEDS:
XZPtool

1. Unpack with XZPtool.
2. Replace your "song#.xma" into "Sounds/Music".
3. Repack with XZPtool.

NOTES:

1. The way I have setup the skins, the music will loop while the slider is highlighted/"focused", and sliding all the way to the left will cut off the song.
2. To navigate coverflow, you MUST be on either "View Options/System Tools/Settings" to use left/right movement, but you can use the "triggers" to scroll a few games at a time normally when on the sliders.
3. ONLY navigate menus while on "View/System/Settings" as doing so on music sliders will "reset" your song to play over when you come back to main menu.
4. You don't "HAVE" to copy xma2encode to "Windows/System32" but will make your life easier!!. There are a few other ways to navigate cmd prompt and everything, but that is on YOU.. your choice! I will NOT cover how to do so!!
5. The quotation marks a.k.a. " " are NOT used in typing in commands/dir, they just segregate the command/dir you need to use.

Rising_Music.xzp

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 downloads, 0 comments.. lmao

A classic :thumbup:  anyway it seems a big project, a lot of work behind it. Well done.

I just have one question, all those songs don't slow down Aurora? Loading time I mean

A classic :thumbup: anyway it seems a big project, a lot of work behind it. Well done.

I just have one question, all those songs don't slow down Aurora? Loading time I mean

Yes is was a LOT of work.. seeing as i learned everything from trial and error.. haha.. 0 help really.. but to answer your question, No.. as songs do not start until you move the slider, plus they are in xma (xbox audio) which is all handled by the southbridge i believe.. so no extra processing needed.. loading times are not affected at all.. can add a lot more songs also.. the only diff would be the file size of the skin.. i chose xma for this exact reason.. ;-)

EDIT: 

your average .mp3: 3-5MB

your average .wav: 30-40MB

XMA: 4-5MB

XMA is close to mp3 in terms of size.. but is NATIVE to the XB

• Like 2

Thank you, great job on the skin, music good choice  :dj:

i picked random songs.. lol.. they are easily changed, that's why i included a tut on how to do it for those who dont like the music..

Excellent Felida very good interface
thanks for your creativity and sharing

it's not how i "wanted" to do it.. i do like the clean interface.. but had to do it this way.. so yeah figured out the "best" way to do it with the rising phoenix coverflow.. so it would be less crowded.. i'm coming up with new ideas everyday.. got a prince skin coming too!! 

• Like 1

Excellent work Felida

So the sliders act as a 'volume slider' and somewhat like a play pause button... Right?

For me it goes perfectly with rising phoenix coverflow.. Excellent idea to go with that..

Will definitely try it when i get back home.

Excellent work Felida

So the sliders act as a 'volume slider' and somewhat like a play pause button... Right?

For me it goes perfectly with rising phoenix coverflow.. Excellent idea to go with that..

Will definitely try it when i get back home.

Yes, they control volume, as long as u leave it "highlighted", the song will loop, and moving all the way to the left stops the song.. technically you can have all 8 songs playin at the same time.. but that would be crowded
  • Like 1

Now i see how much work you have put into making that.. Appreciate it a lot..

As i know it can get irritating while making skins..

Side note- i like the part where it shows the ip at the main screen..

Looking forward to your prince skin..

Thanks for your hardwork!

Great job felida, thanks for your work trying to discover new ways to bring things to Aurora. Looks great!

I would consider moving the IP box to the lower right though (or upper right, ctr, etc.), as it obscures the covers in Rising Phoenix coverflow ATM. Still, keep up the good work, we all appreciate your efforts.

• Like 2

Great job felida, thanks for your work trying to discover new ways to bring things to Aurora. Looks great!

I would consider moving the IP box to the lower right though (or upper right, ctr, etc.), as it obscures the covers in Rising Phoenix coverflow ATM. Still, keep up the good work, we all appreciate your efforts.

Haha.. no problem.. was thinking of moving it.. just didnt knoe where..

• PS C:\Users\random> xma2encode song.wav
    xma2encode : The term 'xma2encode' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable
    program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.
    At line:1 char:1
    + xma2encode song.wav
    + ~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : ObjectNotFound: (xma2encode:String) [], CommandNotFoundException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException

Suggestion [3,General]: The command xma2encode was not found, but does exist in the current location. Windows PowerShell does not load commands from the current location by default. If you trust this command, instead type: ".\xma2encode". See "get-help about_Command_Precedence" for more details.
    PS C:\Users\random>

•  

• do you know why it does that?

13 minutes ago, ILBLVCKBOY said:
  • PS C:\Users\random> xma2encode song.wav
    xma2encode : The term 'xma2encode' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable
    program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.
    At line:1 char:1
    + xma2encode song.wav
    + ~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : ObjectNotFound: (xma2encode:String) [], CommandNotFoundException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException

Suggestion [3,General]: The command xma2encode was not found, but does exist in the current location. Windows PowerShell does not load commands from the current location by default. If you trust this command, instead type: ".\xma2encode". See "get-help about_Command_Precedence" for more details.
    PS C:\Users\random>

•  

• do you know why it does that?

because xma2encode isnt in the system folder

ok thanks

22 hours ago, felida said:

because xma2encode isnt in the system folder

well... I placed (copied) it in the system32 and also the song.wav file (the name is song.wav) and that's what I got.

maybe because I have windows 10? idk lol FYI I used powershell and cmd,maybe its outdated and I know it dosent matter but why I cannot open main.xui but I can loading.xui?

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.16299.431]
(c) 2017 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\system32>xma2encode song.wav
The attempt to encode failed: The system cannot find the file specified.

An HRESULT of 0x80070002 was returned.

C:\Windows\system32>

If you are using Aurora 0.7b, there are custom XUI elements that need to be added to XUItool, then it will allow it to open. Also, the XUI files are not included in skins, the binary XUR files are. Both can be opened in XUITool, but one is an XML file, the other is a binary file.

All of that being said, you can get the XUI element extensions at phoenix.xboxunity.net

2 hours ago, ILBLVCKBOY said:

ok thanks

well... I placed (copied) it in the system32 and also the song.wav file (the name is song.wav) and that's what I got.

maybe because I have windows 10? idk lol FYI I used powershell and cmd,maybe its outdated and I know it dosent matter but why I cannot open main.xui but I can loading.xui?

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.16299.431]
(c) 2017 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\system32>xma2encode song.wav
The attempt to encode failed: The system cannot find the file specified.

An HRESULT of 0x80070002 was returned.

C:\Windows\system32>

you take xma2encode from:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Xbox 360 SDK\bin\win32

you copy it into the system32 folder.. 

then from ANY folder, you hold shift+right mouse click, powershell/cmdprompt

then type "xma2encode (title).wav"

i use windows 10 as well.. so that is not the issue..

56 minutes ago, felida said:

you take xma2encode from:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Xbox 360 SDK\bin\win32

you copy it into the system32 folder.. 

then from ANY folder, you hold shift+right mouse click, powershell/cmdprompt

then type "xma2encode (title).wav"

i use windows 10 as well.. so that is not the issue..

3 hours ago, gavin_darkglider said:

If you are using Aurora 0.7b, there are custom XUI elements that need to be added to XUItool, then it will allow it to open. Also, the XUI files are not included in skins, the binary XUR files are. Both can be opened in XUITool, but one is an XML file, the other is a binary file. 

All of that being said, you can get the XUI element extensions at phoenix.xboxunity.net

thank you guys for suggesting and helping but all ill say is that I lost faith in my pc with xma2encode

but I now can open the main file thanks to you so thanks

Capture.PNG

7 minutes ago, ILBLVCKBOY said:

thank you guys for suggesting and helping but all ill say is that I lost faith in my pc with xma2encode

but I now can open the main file thanks to you so thanks

to be honest, i dont know whats wrong.. lol

do you get an options menu when you just run xma2encode??

you DO have the xdk installed correct??

yeah, I installed it and when I open xma2encode I get a flash of the cmd opening and that's it, but at least there are people who made songs and skins like you so thanks 

and also idk why and its not about the songs but when ill edit the main file it will ask me to overwrite the file infinite times and if ill cancel it it will look normal and fuction, until, ll close the window and return.

it'll say failed to open folder 

(I'm not planning on becoming a skinner or something but I wish people will do skins in mortal kombat style or rocket leage but thanks for dealing with me and)

my questions 

1 hour ago, ILBLVCKBOY said:

yeah, I installed it and when I open xma2encode I get a flash of the cmd opening and that's it, but at least there are people who made songs and skins like you so thanks 

and also idk why and its not about the songs but when ill edit the main file it will ask me to overwrite the file infinite times and if ill cancel it it will look normal and fuction, until, ll close the window and return.

it'll say failed to open folder 

(I'm not planning on becoming a skinner or something but I wish people will do skins in mortal kombat style or rocket leage but thanks for dealing with me and)

my questions 

did you convert the song with audacity?? it might be a wrong type of wav lol

Hi!

I'm sorry, but what is SDK? where do I download it? how do I install it? I just want to convert some Fallout 3 mods (in PC, the songs are in .WAV; I have discovered today this difference, because some mods were not running the sounds).

Thank you very much.

Peace.

SDK or also called Neighborhood is a application used for dev kits and allows users to modify games, eg make cheats, mods, maps etc. Google it and you'll find it and info to use it

12 hours ago, mightyhama said:

SDK or also called Neighborhood is a application used for dev kits and allows users to modify games, eg make cheats, mods, maps etc. Google it and you'll find it and info to use it

Hmm... I have downloaded and installed this today. Is this? if so, can I do the tutorial as writen above?

Thank you very much for your help!!

Screenshot 2018-10-17 at 6.03.21 PM.png