RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
XBOX 360 engine

HOW TO PORT FORWARD FOR SYSTEM LINK???

I have read many threads & tutorials about how to port forward for system link but no one of them has gave me the detailed information about how to port forward as i have faced many problems due to not correctly port forward (one of them is unable to join a hosted game).....as the verify button of aurora always fails in data port and broadcast port........so my question is how to correctly port forward (it would be better if there is detailed information cuz im newbie to these things).......however im using tp-link router and it would be great if someone help me with this :thumbup:  :thumbup:

It depends on your router... check the site www.portforward.com if your router is listed, if it is... great! follow any guide there and simply make sure you have TCP + UDP (or 2 entries one for each, or "All") and the ports used in your FSD/Aurora installation...

I already went to that website and it doesnt helped me out........however this is how i forward my ports:image.pnghowever my aurora data port is 3072 and the broadcast port is 3071 and im sure of my dashlaunch settings but they are always fails.......if you notice any problem in my ports then please tell me.........

I already went to that website and it doesnt helped me out........however this is how i forward my ports:image.pnghowever my aurora data port is 3072 and the broadcast port is 3071 and im sure of my dashlaunch settings but they are always fails.......if you notice any problem in my ports then please tell me.........

If they fail with that, you either don't have that IP... or your connection type don't support it (call your ISP and ask them for support)

Use Port Triggering instead of Virtual Servers. You need Virtual Servers only, if you want forwarding  a range of Ports. If it fails move your Xbox to DMZ in your Router.

try a different port mate.. plenty of people have trouble with default ports, but once they try a different one, poof problem solved..

Thank you guys for trying to help me.......but i have tried all what you guys saying but no luck at all........

Then it is your isp blocking the ports.. or.. you have what is called a "double nat" issue.. this happenes when your isp brings you a modem that is actually a router in it.. and you use a 2nd router..

Youll either have to change the modem to bridged and let your router handle the nat, change your personal router to not handle the nat.. or u can forward ports to router, then router to xbox.. but yeah..

Edit: portforward.com has a program that can tell you if you are behind multiple routers..

Edit 2: generally routers will have the same "gerenal" options.. just the page setup and looks will be different...

• Like 2

Thank you guys for trying to help me.......but i have tried all what you guys saying but no luck at all........

What Kind of Internet Connection did you use (Cable, Dsl, Mobile) ?

I use wi-fi (tp-link router).............

Not what we asked, what type of INTERNET connection are you using? As in what does your isp give you?

Sent from my SM-G903F

I would have assumed a Mobile Connection, that would explain the closed Ports. You have tried to move your Xbox in DMZ, or the UPnP function in your Router ?

• Like 1

Get in contact with your Internet Service Provider and describe them your problem. You need some open Ports for your Software. Maybe they can help you.

• Like 1