RealModScene
kyletempest

How to convert audio files into XMA files???

Please if someone knows how, teach me

ok.. i can explain the process.. lol.. BUT requires some setting up

people saying "xmaconvert 2" are wrong.. lol.. and just using someone else's dead end advice.. go ahead and google for it ;-) bet you wont find it haha..

TOOLS NEEDED:

1. XB SDK

2. AUDACITY

3. mp3 or what ever

Tut:

1. you are gonna wanna copy xwmaencode.exe from with in the SDK install location (typically C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Xbox 360 SDK\bin\win32) to "C:/Windows/System32"

This allows xwmaencoder to be ran from within the system (Command prompt) itself.. and makes life easier (REMEMBER: i said COPY not MOVE)

2. Install Audacity ( it is free ;-) )

3. Take your MP3 and load it up in audacity. Once it is loaded, Hit "FILE" then "EXPORT AUDIO" and under the drop menu for "SAVE AS TYPE:" you select "WAV (Microsoft) signed 16-bit PCM" 

4. Once it is done go into the folder where you chose to save this new *.WAV and hold "SHIFT" and "RIGHT-CLICK" your mouse, and from within the context menu that pops up, select "OPEN COMMAND WINDOW HERE" (Win7+ only.. maybe earlier versions.. but if you dont have this option, then you will have to run a command prompt and navigate to selected location)

5. This is where i told you to copy xwmaencode to system32 comes into play: once in command prompt in the folder, type in

xwmaencode *.wav *.xma

the *'s are for what ever names you chose

6. your newly created .xma is done and proper format for xbox..

NOW.. since i assume you are trying to add sound/music to a skin correct?? the "ONLY" purpose converting a WAV to XMA would be to cut back on file size's.. but note that xuitool doesn't say it allows XMA to be added, you have to hit the "ALL FILES" option to show the xma's.. WAV's show up just fine as that is the "accepted" standard in xuitool i guess you can say lol.. and all of this isn't needed to add a song or what ever to a skin mate.. just FYI

• Like 2

You can also open the folder location bar and write cmd there instead of whatever path you're in to open a command prompt in that directory :)

Sent from my SM-G903F

I found a Way to it, it´s alot easier but i will use the felidás Way too, my way to convert was, goin to Sound or Audio folder, and i just make a copy of my WAV file and after, i rename the extension to .xma, the skin recognize it as well, then i got on the folder the followin structure:

1.wav
1.xma
sound.wav
sound.xma

xma files renamed must be exactly the same file, just copied from wav files existents on the folder. Alot easier. but i will try felida´s.

ok.. i can explain the process.. lol.. BUT requires some setting up

people saying "xmaconvert 2" are wrong.. lol.. and just using someone else's dead end advice.. go ahead and google for it ;-) bet you wont find it haha..

TOOLS NEEDED:

1. XB SDK

2. AUDACITY

3. mp3 or what ever

Tut:

1. you are gonna wanna copy xwmaencode.exe from with in the SDK install location (typically C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Xbox 360 SDK\bin\win32) to "C:/Windows/System32"

This allows xwmaencoder to be ran from within the system (Command prompt) itself.. and makes life easier (REMEMBER: i said COPY not MOVE)

2. Install Audacity ( it is free ;-) )

3. Take your MP3 and load it up in audacity. Once it is loaded, Hit "FILE" then "EXPORT AUDIO" and under the drop menu for "SAVE AS TYPE:" you select "WAV (Microsoft) signed 16-bit PCM" 

4. Once it is done go into the folder where you chose to save this new *.WAV and hold "SHIFT" and "RIGHT-CLICK" your mouse, and from within the context menu that pops up, select "OPEN COMMAND WINDOW HERE" (Win7+ only.. maybe earlier versions.. but if you dont have this option, then you will have to run a command prompt and navigate to selected location)

5. This is where i told you to copy xwmaencode to system32 comes into play: once in command prompt in the folder, type in

xwmaencode *.wav *.xma

the *'s are for what ever names you chose

6. your newly created .xma is done and proper format for xbox..

NOW.. since i assume you are trying to add sound/music to a skin correct?? the "ONLY" purpose converting a WAV to XMA would be to cut back on file size's.. but note that xuitool doesn't say it allows XMA to be added, you have to hit the "ALL FILES" option to show the xma's.. WAV's show up just fine as that is the "accepted" standard in xuitool i guess you can say lol.. and all of this isn't needed to add a song or what ever to a skin mate.. just FYI

Thanks Felida for explanation.

I found a Way to it, it´s alot easier but i will use the felidás Way too, my way to convert was, goin to Sound or Audio folder, and i just make a copy of my WAV file and after, i rename the extension to .xma, the skin recognize it as well, then i got on the folder the followin structure:

1.wav

1.xma

sound.wav

sound.xma

xma files renamed must be exactly the same file, just copied from wav files existents on the folder. Alot easier. but i will try felida´s.

Thats not how you convert to xma.. lol.. simply renaming the file doesnt convert it.. lol.. you can use .WAV.. no problem..

Trust me.. the only valid way that the xb will recognize the xma is the way i told u lol.. i've done the trial and error haha.. but yeah

Edit: if you need to convert to wav without using anything.. and not trying to convert to xma.. u can use

http://online-audio-converter.com/

And once you chose to convert to wav, make sure you select tape quality "20 khz" to reduce file sizes.. you wont notice a difference in sound quality on 360.. but yeah these wav's wont work with xwmaencode..

• Like 1

Thats not how you convert to xma.. lol.. simply renaming the file doesnt convert it.. lol.. you can use .WAV.. no problem..

Trust me.. the only valid way that the xb will recognize the xma is the way i told u lol.. i've done the trial and error haha.. but yeah

Edit: if you need to convert to wav without using anything.. and not trying to convert to xma.. u can use

http://online-audio-converter.com/

And once you chose to convert to wav, make sure you select tape quality "20 khz" to reduce file sizes.. you wont notice a difference in sound quality on 360.. but yeah these wav's wont work with xwmaencode..

But Felida i´ve do this way and XB recognize without errors the audios i´ve put on the skin.

But Felida i´ve do this way and XB recognize without errors the audios i´ve put on the skin.

Send me a copy of your skin.. and i will let you know if you are doing it correctly..

Edit: the purpose of converting it to xma is to not use the .wav file at all.. as well as drastically reduced file size

• Like 3

ok so i followed the instructions, converted the wavs to xmas changed the source to the xma extention in the xur file..recompiled my skin but the sound files arent playing..i checked all the keyframes to make sure they were always calling on the xma file and not randomly the wav extention on some transitions so im not sure why its not working for me. any ideas what i can try to get it to work??

i should mention i had the calls and transitions for my music all setup already as .wavs but am trying to change them to .xmas as 60mb for a skin just seems silly if i can make sound files 200kb instead of 20mb..so i changed all the calls to look for the newly converted .xmas but yea, cant hear any sound now

i should mention i had the calls and transitions for my music all setup already as .wavs but am trying to change them to .xmas as 60mb for a skin just seems silly if i can make sound files 200kb instead of 20mb..so i changed all the calls to look for the newly converted .xmas but yea, cant hear any sound now

This thread is a lil bit old.. and yeah i was wrong with those instructions.. while it does produce a xma file, they really arent proper.. hence why you might be having errors.. but, ive wrote an updated guide, to make xma's that work 100%

http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/7143-rising-music/?hl=%2Brising+%2Bmusic

That has the new guide to make xma's

• Like 1

So das tut oben geht nicht.

Ich schreibe wie es geht ! Auch wenn es ein wenig spät ist.

Also wenn ihr xbox 360 sdk habt ist im Ordner c:/Programme/xbox sdk/win32

Ganz unten xWMAEncode.exe

Diese file kopiert ihr in einen erstellten Ordner nennen wir hin eins. So da ist jetzt xWMAEncode drin, kopiert die wav. Die wir auch 1 nennen file die ihr convert werden soll auch in den Ordner. Die beiden files müssen in einem Ordner sein. So jetzt öffnet ihr cmd / gebt ein : CD Verzeichnis in den Ordner. Enter

Dann  xWMAEncode 1.wav 1.xma

Oder  xWMAEncode 1.wav 1.xwma

Enter. Da habt ihr im Ordner die file.

Ich weiß nicht ob sie convert sind oder nur umbenannt. 

Hier ist der Link zum Video