RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
The Chosen

No Sound on all Xell Apps

Hi guys,

I have no sound on any Xell apps i`m booting on my Xbox 360! All apps are booting and working properley, but I don`t have sound on them!

It happens on:

Mupen64

NullDC 360

XMplayer

My actuall Xell version is: Xell Reloaded 0.993 git 7466

Today I`ve updated everything I can update on my Xbox 360:

I`ve updated the nand with XeBuild 2.098

Nothing works! I have sound in the normal Dashboard, in FSD, on Aurora, in every game I play and every video I play with the original media player but there is no sound when I start an app with Xell Reloaded.

In some forums people are writing that it could be a problem of the HDMI cable, saying that Xell doesn`t has an HDMI audio support but is this really true? I can`t belive it!

What could be the problem? Do I have to update anything else to get sound on Xell Apps?

Thread moved to Xell-Subforum !

Dr.Gonzo

What exact model do you have? What exact versions of said apps are you running?

Sent from my SM-G903F

I have a XBOX 360 Fat with Falcon board - I think its a RGH box

Mupen64 - V0.993 Beta

NullDC 360 - GliGli Version (latest I think)

XMplayer - Version 0.0.4

Ok, now... what type of video cable are you using?

Sent from my SM-G903F

I`m using a regular HDMI Cable! I`ve already tried another HDMI cable and the problem still exits! Since I have sound on FSD and on all games I don`t think that it is the fault of the HDMI cable

You wouldnt also happen to have a pulseVU 2x chip installed in the system also? for HDMI on a regular system to get the chip to work properly, you need to jump 2 points on the AV adapter to enable analog sound, which in xell disables HDMI audio. :( I learned that the hard way on mine, and just resorted to using HD cable, and not HDMI. just a thought. You could always attach a spst switch to the points, so you can disconnect the jumped spots when using xell. I believe on coronas, there are issues with xell and sound, or there were, but I dont have a corona to test with, and that wouldnt help your situation anyway.

• Like 1

I`ve solved my problem! I`ve bought a HD cable for my xbox 360 and suddenly there was sound! The resolutions looks not that good with this cable but I can finally play with the N64 emulator with sound!