RealModScene
Tekasoda

Updated dashboard Kernel and wont read disks

Hey guys I got myself a problem when updating the dashboard. Making it short I updated my RGH xbox to 17489 kernel and it stopped reading game disks, but I can still play them via external USB. There's any way I can downgrade it to the old kernel I had? (I have the nand.bin file) or make it read game via disk again? BTW my xbox is a Slim 4GB corona one. *sorry for bad english*

You should not choose ....DISABLE FCRT.BIN CHEK...  I have XBOX 360 4GB Everything is good in an Last updated 17502 There is special way updated  XBOX 360 4GB CORONA 

Sorry for the annoyance I need to make a new nand with fcrt.bin disabled based on new one? It can be the same kernel version? 

Sorry for the annoyance I need to make a new nand with fcrt.bin disabled based on new one? It can be the same kernel version? 

I tried to help, but you did not understand me .... I'm sorry I waited for administrator respond to you

I tried to help, but you did not understand me .... I'm sorry I waited for the official respond to you .

My bad! I meant if I need to create a new kernel update in Xebuild GUI based on the actual update or if I can inject the same kernel with the change in the fcrt.bin.

You should update to 17502, there's no point going to 17489... but yes, you can select the same kernel if you wish...

But yes, if you didn't select to disable fcrt.bin checks you need to do so...

Sent from my SM-G903F

I want to say maybe you swapped a banned kv into your nand image ( because you wanted maximum protection when you dont connect to live and to possibly flag your key valut) so you imported that kv_dec into your nand image saved that image and you are currently flashed with that nand image.

Maybe you didnt replace it with the correct dvd key and your entire nand has the wrong dvd key in it so it wont read discs?? 

You can use swizzys suggestion up above if mine doesnt sound right.  But in plain simple terms Im saying your using the wrong dvd key! or maybe not  :thumbup:

• Like 1

It's either wrong dvdkey or a incorrect use of the fcrt patch (it works on most drives if enabled, but a few slim drives don't work with the patch enabled)

Sent from my SM-G903F

Tried what you said and it worked thanks :D I was just too scared to inject it again (some 3DS homebrew things made me cautious with these things). Sorry for the long reply (blame university).