RealModScene
jampog

Kernel and Dashboard question

hi! Im new here and not really a techy and I know this is not the right forum but hopefully more can see it and one of you can help me. I'll really need an answer asap so that it will still be in their shop warranty. 

I just got an xbox 360 jtag and want to confirm if the store is telling the truth.

They told me the most stable kernel they can give me is 17150 and the latest dashboard they can give me is freestyle 3 that i need to only change themes.

Correct me if I'm wrong, from what I read you need the lastest kernel to play the latest games and the stability depends on how you installed it. The dashboard i checked showed version 2.2 and if what I read on your forum is right it is already discontinued and the latest one is 3.0. 

Is there anything else I need to check or ask them to do?

• Like 1

hi! Im new here and not really a techy and I know this is not the right forum but hopefully more can see it and one of you can help me. I'll really need an answer asap so that it will still be in their shop warranty. 

I just got an xbox 360 jtag and want to confirm if the store is telling the truth.

They told me the most stable kernel they can give me is 17150 and the latest dashboard they can give me is freestyle 3 that i need to only change themes.

Correct me if I'm wrong, from what I read you need the lastest kernel to play the latest games and the stability depends on how you installed it. The dashboard i checked showed version 2.2 and if what I read on your forum is right it is already discontinued and the latest one is 3.0. 

Is there anything else I need to check or ask them to do?

hahaha.. FSD is dead.. swap to aurora.. latest dash/kernel is 17502

if you check here ;-) http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/portal/

and how you install them, doesn't matter.. there are several ways to do it.. all work fine..

Swizzy's XebuildGUI and Swizzy's Simple Nand Flasher are really great ways to update.. 

Honestly, if that's all the shop knows about the scene, I wouldn't take it back to them.  You're better off using this site to educate yourself and update software yourself.

• Like 3