RealModScene
bobka80

system link doesnt work

Hello guys, i'm trying to but something goes wrong. My router sees the console but i can't ping it and the port forwarding doesn't work. I've watched a tutorial and did everything. I'm attaching photos for you to see the whole information. Please help 

post-76169-0-96329800-1463993732_thumb.jpg

post-76169-0-62957100-1463993738_thumb.jpg

post-76169-0-42186500-1463993745_thumb.jpg

post-76169-0-61738500-1463993753_thumb.jpg

post-76169-0-09024000-1463993762_thumb.jpg

You dont need your ports to pass to play on LiNK..

Ports are just needed when you host a game.. You can still play if your ports fail..you just cant host..

Try setting automatic for ip settings and copying the whole thing again ..

For example,

If ip address while set in automatic is 192.168.1.17 <---- then copy this whole thing while setting it for manual..(copy all the things from 'automatic mode' to 'manual mode' spaces.

Also make sure you default gateway is right..for checking go to cmd on your pc..then type in ipconfig..and you must be able to see your gateway.

And while portforwarding if there is an option for TCP/UDP..<---- then do select this rather than setting separate for TCP and UDP(i had a few problems)

Try this tutorial

• Like 1

My default gateway is 192.168.0.1

On automatic the dns server gives the console 101 address when i try to forward this address it doesn't work. If you see the pic with the forwarding - it is set to all protocols.

My default gateway is 192.168.0.1

On automatic the dns server gives the console 101 address when i try to forward this address it doesn't work. If you see the pic with the forwarding - it is set to all protocols.

and you were given wrong info to follow what the console was automatically assigned.. when setting a static IP, you want it to be out of the dhcp server range.. 

that being said, look in your router for your DNS info.. as the router might not be setup to DNS relay.. <-- this can also be told to you on 360 when you set ip/dns to auto..

now as for the portforwarding.. some routers have it setup up to you have to use the virtual server section.. it all depends on your router