RealModScene
Mattie

A lil' somethin' somethin' about Aurora 0.6b

Hi all,

It's been a while since we talked about Aurora 0.6b. Development and testing kind of stalled when everyone's personal life got in the way. We are still working on 0.6b and got most of the work done. I will try to answer a few of the questions or clear up some of the speculations and assumptions I've seen.

SOME ANSWERS

1. No we are not "waiting on the translators". Development and testing stalled because life got in the way for a lot of us. Because of this, we might release 0.6b with less testing as usual, and only English, depending on the availability of all the translators (translations can be added later).
  2. There is no release date. Most features are done. File and folder structure changed for 0.6b so updater will take a little bit more work still.
  3. Utility Scripts are not "widgets". The LUA utility scripts are run in a separate scene. It will not allow you to make "widgets" that are part of the main screen. There are predefined scenes you can use (like messagebox, filebrowser), or you can design your own screen using Xui. A repo will be available on GitHub, where scripts can be shared and downloaded via the repo browser.
  4. Yes ^Wulfgar^ / wulfie66 (<- is that your birth year :stuart: ) has been part of the scene for as long as his beard is.
  5. Yes we do listen to suggestions. The fact a specific one isn't in, doesn't mean we don't listen. It will either be in later, or we chose a different way (quick filters are here to stay).
  6. No not all, but most of the announced features will be in. An overview:
  • Passcode Security: yes
  • Cover Downloader: yes
  • Game Wallpapers: yes
  • Asset Importer: yes
  • Screen Capture Viewer: yes
  • Plugin Settings Revamp: yes
  • Saved Game Manager: no
  • Profile Pannel: no
  • Utility Scripts: partially (a lot of the libraries are in, not all)

In addition, a lot of people asked for a game installer like F3. We have made a GOD installer that is accessible through Utility Scripts (and a script to use it right away):

disc2godrepo.jpg

disc2godprogress.jpg

As usual; thanks for helping us test and improve Aurora and we look forward to bringing more functionality in the future.

DONATIONS
If you like what we're doing and the work we are putting into this project and would like to show your support feel free to use this handy
btn_donate_LG.gif button...

Cheers,

Phoenix

Very good all of this!  :thumbup: 
i hope that's new Aurora release (0.6b or another) have a System LiNK Xbox Classic support on 360 compatibility.

looking nice.. lol.. thanks for the update..

Very good all of this! [emoji106]

i hope that's new Aurora release (0.6b or another) have a System LiNK Xbox Classic support on 360 compatibility.

That would be a nova feature, not Aurora...

Sent from my SM-G903F

Thanks for information and answers about new Aurora version.

I did the 0.5 version of the translation into Czech language and I would like to ask if you have some information for people who would like to translate version 0.6 into their language?

The people who have worked in the past on translations, will be informed by the responsible Admin(s), when it's nearer the time.

• Like 1

I'm really excited to use the cover downloader. That is a killer new feature. Great work team Phoenix, and thanks for the update!

• Like 2

an Arabic translation will be perfect and will intrest more people

Arabic is supported, but not part of the default translations, for proper display a custom skin is also required (one that moves stuff to the right location for LTR languages)

Sent from my SM-G903F

Arabic is supported, but not part of the default translations, for proper display a custom skin is also required (one that moves stuff to the right location for LTR languages)

Sent from my SM-G903F

yeah i know it's not on the default translations .. yet .. adding it will be perfect

It won't be added as default, sorry...

Sent from my SM-G903F

Will the GOD installer let you set a path for the dumping of the game to say an external drive or will it default to the content directory ?

Will the GOD installer let you set a path for the dumping of the game to say an external drive or will it default to the content directory ?

You'll be able to select any device for the saving :)

How sad that you  can not play GTA online! :'(

I dont know in what way this question is related to this topic...

Get a stock console and get live get gta 5 and play on it..easy as that..

Otherwise be happy with your modded one and play on LiNK for free and it is fun ..for me atleast...