RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Be4stElectrjc

Homebrew To Watch IPTV On RGH

I am sorry to say, but there is nothing similar to this at this time. You can try to attach external IPTV Server on your PC, and stream the stuff to your 360 RGH over the network.

Surfing and found XBMC 3.5.3, launched but doesn't work. I think because compiled in february and i have latest dashboard of march. Tomorrow will try different options.

You can get run Xbox 1 Xbmc on Xbox 360. But you are not able, (in most cases) to play or stream media stuff from there. Its too much of a good thing.

Surfing and found XBMC 3.5.3, launched but doesn't work. I think because compiled in february and i have latest dashboard of march. Tomorrow will try different options.

play on also works wonderfully.. BUT.. you have to pay for it..  lol.. there isn't a "homebrew" app that will allow you to watch the stuff you can do on retail consoles such as netflix and whatnot

I'm interested only in navi-x add-on or a similar one. I don't care about the program itself.

Extrema ratio could be installing Ubuntu on RGH and then use Kodi or Movian on it.

A thing like this:

http://developers-club.com/posts/212051/

Ok, using a 3rd party server.. wont act like you think it will.. you'll have to navigate thru system video player.. and use that.. which can be really really annoying.. lol.. but it is possible..

Ok, using a 3rd party server.. wont act like you think it will.. you'll have to navigate thru system video player.. and use that.. which can be really really annoying.. lol.. but it is possible..

Don't see other options. Do you have any other ideas?

Don't see other options. Do you have any other ideas?

Use a PC?? Lol.. as you'll have to, to run the server anyway?? But yea, if u do a lil bit of googling.. you'll find that iptv does work on UMS/tversity.. there is a delay on swapping channels tho on ums.. but that thread is old as hell(2012ish).. so they could've worked that out.. but yea.. navigating can be an extreme pain

Use a PC?? Lol.. as you'll have to, to run the server anyway?? But yea, if u do a lil bit of googling.. you'll find that iptv does work on UMS/tversity.. there is a delay on swapping channels tho on ums.. but that thread is old as hell(2012ish).. so they could've worked that out.. but yea.. navigating can be an extreme pain

I know, but maybe don't have PC and RGH in the same room, that's all.

I know, but maybe don't have PC and RGH in the same room, that's all.

Wi-fi?? There really isnt a great option here mate.. altho, you could invest in a chromecast that fully supports kodi and whatnot.. but that has nothing to do with rghs.. and honestly, an rgh as a media center isn't the best idea.. there is limited codec support.. and everything else..
  • Like 1

Wi-fi?? There really isnt a great option here mate.. altho, you could invest in a chromecast that fully supports kodi and whatnot.. but that has nothing to do with rghs.. and honestly, an rgh as a media center isn't the best idea.. there is limited codec support.. and everything else..

I use Wi-Fi yes, but didn't know of Chromecast, thanks. I use Kodi on the PC for IPTV and should be a good idea to deepen the thing.

When you say limited codec support for RGH i don't worry because when i say IPTV i mean m3u playlist files.

I use Wi-Fi yes, but didn't know of Chromecast, thanks. I use Kodi on the PC for IPTV and should be a good idea to deepen the thing.

When you say limited codec support for RGH i don't worry because when i say IPTV i mean m3u playlist files.

And you are not fully understanding me.. stuff sent to the 360 majority needs to be transcoded to play.. m3u has nothing to do with the video output mate.. i know all about iptv stuff.. after researching for a few hrs.. lol..
  • Like 1

And you are not fully understanding me.. stuff sent to the 360 majority needs to be transcoded to play.. m3u has nothing to do with the video output mate.. i know all about iptv stuff.. after researching for a few hrs.. lol..

Streaming the .m3u file from my PC to Xbox 360 with Universal Media Server, only miss a good media player (like Media Player on Xbox One) that probably will never be on RGH with all problems about porting XBMC from Original Xbox.

Aside from this may i need to install optional media update in order to use Xbox System Player to watch stuff? I am on 17502.

Windows Media Center seems to have a XBMC plugin that could do the work. Will try tommorow.

• Like 1

UMS is actually supported by the built-in video player in the default Xbox 360 dashboard, why don't you just try that?

But yes, you'll likely need the Optional Media Update as it adds more codecs for it to work with (default is only WMV9 i think)

I will try tomorrow. The file is there, but System Video Player don't see it, with Optional Media Update hope it will work.

Installed the 2 Optional Media Update and iPod Support too, but doesn't work. At least now see the channels as folders, but empty. 

I will try tomorrow. The file is there, but System Video Player don't see it, with Optional Media Update hope it will work.

Installed the 2 Optional Media Update and iPod Support too, but doesn't work. At least now see the channels as folders, but empty.

UMS has limited support for the 360.. they specifiy that on their site.. i personally had several problems with it.. plex seems to work.. but i didnt modify the iptv plugin with different channels.. so you could try that mate..

UMS has limited support for the 360.. they specifiy that on their site.. i personally had several problems with it.. plex seems to work.. but i didnt modify the iptv plugin with different channels.. so you could try that mate..

Tried Plex with One and didn't work because the Plex App on the One couldn't open the files saying server not available right before the playback of the channel i selected and the plex media server on my PC says error loading player no playable sources found, that's the reason i use Media Player on Xbox One and fuck, it works (with UMS as a streamer for files tried). But could try yes, i can't know until i try.

Today i will try Windows Media Center and i am 100% sure i will work. Btw UMS on my PC can open and view the channels at least.  

With Plex Media Server can watch my channels on my Xbox 360 with Xbox System Player, for One better Universal Media Server.

Tried Plex with One and didn't work because the Plex App on the One couldn't open the files and even the plex media server on my PC, that's the reason i use Media Player on Xbox One and fuck, it works (with UMS as a streamer for files tried). But could try yes, i can't know until i try.

Today i will try Windows Media Center and i am 100% sure i will work. Btw UMS on my PC can open and view the channels at least.

With Plex Media Server can watch my channels on my Xbox 360 with Xbox System Player, for One better Universal Media Server.

Plex showed up in media player on xb1.. just fine.. right beside my personal share (eg like u said) didnt try the plex app tho..

But besides talking about the xbox one.. my comment is pertaining to RGH's(which this thread is about).. which no app will work.. as they all require connection to xbl.. ums just wouldnt work for me for some reason.. plex did.. but the iptv plugin didnt have channels (well anything worth anything.. but like i said.. i didnt modify it to have the tons of em listed)..

Playon works.. but requires a subscription to stream anything besides local media.. (but that subscription also includes "playlater" which records what ever)

But your choice here man.. ums has limited compatibility on 360 (even says on their site) plex works.. but you have to use system video player to navigate.. as well as with playon server..

So long story short.. either use system video player.. or just not watch stuff thru rgh..

Edit: if you want to stream local media on xb1 without a 3rd party server.. just add them to your library in windows media player.. and poof.. they show up in media player app on xb1

Edit2: if you want your 360 to view those same files from win10.. you have to allow media extender in windows firewall...

• Like 1

On Xbox 360 RGH: Plex Media Server streams IPTV channels stored in m3u file and Xbox System Player plays them.

On Xbox One: PMS streams IPTV channels, but the Plex App on One has some problems in playback. Just use UMS for stream and Media Player for playback, PMS with Media Player doesn't work. Plex usage on consoles is in an early stage. I post my live streams info from Plex here:

On PS3: You have Movian.

On PS4: Same as Xbox One.

Media

Container MPEGTS
Protocol hls
Web Optimized Yes

Part

Container MPEGTS
Web Optimized Yes

Codec H264
Codec AAC
  • Like 2

hello everybodie,

i'm new on this thing on RGH and alot curiosity on possibility with RgH on Xbox 360

and i came to this post because today i was googling about somehow watch iptv on xbox 360, or share my android screen to XBox360, and i didn't think about streaming throgh my PC iptv to Xbox 360, then i read Be4stElectrjc comment, and i wanna do that, 

so... how do i stream iptv from kodi on computer to Xbox 360 ???

there is somekind of tutorial to that?

Edit1:Sorry for my bad english xD
Edit2: lol, now that i see that i'm digging this post from old pages

Thats actually something i was thinking of about scripting. The console is capable of rtmps and m3u files. İm still waiting for media playback in the scenes