RealModScene
Blackjack

Boot Loader Mod

Hi :)

did some one ever tried the blmod.bin patch from Xebuild ?

If yes please how to use this ? THX

blmod.bin:
==========
Changing the patches to the BL that follows the BL that is executing during glitch attempts
has a direct effect on whether a machine will glitch. The provided patches are generic
and work well on most machines, but this per machine build addon can now be supplied without
modifying the base patches to CBB or CD via a file in the perbuild folder, they will simply be
tacked onto the end of CBB or CD, and the BL size adjusted to include this new data in the hash.

Keep in mind, it can take multiple attempts and re-flashing with different binary data to find
something that will boot at all, let alone be more effective for your console.

blmod is currently not supported by update mode.

'blmod.bin' per-build file, can assist fine tuning glitch machines that don't play well with standard patches

you create random data and name it "blmod.bin" and put it in the data folder... the data may be carefully crafted aswell as different data will have different effects...

you create random data and name it "blmod.bin" and put it in the data folder... the data may be carefully crafted aswell as different data will have different effects...

Thank you for the very quick answer Swizzy. But i don't get it. What kind of data ? And how to create it ? Must i use Post Bus Sniffer ? Or must i know language programming ?

Thanks

Open any hex editor of your choice, type in whatever data you want, it will not be executed or anything, the way it works is that this data is added to the bootloader for the signature check to take a tiny bit longer to complete, carefully crafted data can drastically alter the time it takes for it to finish, allowing the glitch to become more accurately tuned to that particular console...

type in whatever data you want

Ok but you said :

the data may be carefully crafted aswell as different data will have different effects...

This is a paradox isn't it ?

The data could be letters or numbers ? Is it working like a kind of timer to delay the bootloader sequence ?

Edit : i think i understand better. The more i write letters or numbers in this blmod.bin file it becomes bigger then increases the delay. Is this right ? Thank you.

Yes, but also the exact numbers/letters you put also have an effect, this is something that is very advanced, and very hard to do...

Sent from my SM-G903F

Yes, but also the exact numbers/letters you put also have an effect, this is something that is very advanced, and very hard to do...

Ok thank you for the support. This is clear for me now.

It's trial and error but it should be useful in SRGHV2 with the Speed_Up_SMC (15432). Because sometimes it runs too fast especially on Triity