RealModScene
danpuz

Is it possible to install Aurora in the memory unit?

My hard drive stopped working. I want to install Aurora and dashlaunch in the xbox memory unit.

Is it possible?

Thanks in advance

My hard drive stopped working. I want to install Aurora and dashlaunch in the xbox memory unit.

Is it possible?

Thanks in advance

I  have done it many times. I use XEX Menu Disc to do it.

Is it possible?

Thanks in advance

That depends on what you refer to as "Xbox memory unit"... i highly recommend that you put it on a USB device instead of the internal memory unit (if you have a JasperBB or Corona 4G, even so... the MU's from the really old phat consoles isn't very good for it either...

Do a usb memory mod and solder directly into where the slim MU plugs into if its a slim. the phats can be done the same way where memory cards go.

I'd think the only thing holding anyone back from putting it on memory would be memory capacity and if you can find a usb stick that was made with faster modules then my general theory would be that program execution speed would increase.

• Like 1

I'd think the only thing holding anyone back from putting it on memory would be memory capacity

Correct for the most part, Corona and Jasper consoles aren't good for it due to the fact that you have the memory unit on the same IC/device as the system is running from, meaning any write errors MAY damage your console to the point where it's only fixable by hardware

Correct for the most part, Corona and Jasper consoles aren't good for it due to the fact that you have the memory unit on the same IC/device as the system is running from, meaning any write errors MAY damage your console to the point where it's only fixable by hardware

Wow that really sucks! I didn't know that with the jaspers and I thought that the corona's still have the solder points for the memory hack but yeah, any write errors would be really problematic, so you'd have to use shielded leads correct? But that would only reduce the risk.

If anything I'd think that the bad thing with doing this with a phat would be that the MU bus is probably slower on a phat than a slim.

Wow that really sucks! I didn't know that with the jaspers and I thought that the corona's still have the solder points for the memory hack but yeah, any write errors would be really problematic, so you'd have to use shielded leads correct? But that would only reduce the risk.

If anything I'd think that the bad thing with doing this with a phat would be that the MU bus is probably slower on a phat than a slim.

Some coronas do, not all afaik...

The memory mod you spoke of is fine to use, doesn't matter if you shield or not really... it's more of a problem for JasperBB and Corona's with 4GB Built in since they're both on the same device, that's where the write errors can have catastrophic consequences