RealModScene
damiandc

while trying to install aurora... i bricked it

yeap, just got a red dot, its broken.

long story short:
i got to update my RGHed xbox so that I could use my kinect, in that process I lost the dashlaunch and the freestyle, so i decided to try to get those back on.
i got to install xex menu and when i tried to copy dashlaunch again i did not only fail to do so but i also erased the dash.xex file in the flash of my xbox (it doesnt have a HD).

as soon as i restarted the xbox i got the initial animation but then... red dot of death. 
i know the problem is that file that's missing but I have no idea now to get back in the flash and put it back on... if I happed to have a dash.xex.

Is there a way to reset my xbox so that I could re-update it or something?

Hope you can help. thanks a lot!
DC

Mainly... it's dead jim....

You can only flash it back with J-Runner and hardwaretools...

MAYBE there is a little chance of rescue without having special hardware but I thing that also swizzy would recommend you to flash everything again with a flasher since you're unable to launch a flash-app on your xbox...

Is there a way to reset my xbox so that I could re-update it or something?

Hope you can help. thanks a lot!

DC

In your case you have to flash your 360 RGH Image again with a Hardware Flasher. Maybe there's a Mod Shop or a friend next to you, who can do the job for you.

• Like 1

You should be able to launch XeLL and flash it that way...

Hi guys, thanks for such quick replies.

So there's no way I can't fix it? Man, I can't believe I was so lame to just erase what I guess is the command.com equivalent.

I do have a mod shop nearby, the guys who made it RGH in the first place. 
I thought there would be a way to save it without HW tools.

Gracias!

Hi guys, thanks for such quick replies.

So there's no way I can't fix it? Man, I can't believe I was so lame to just erase what I guess is the command.com equivalent.

I do have a mod shop nearby, the guys who made it RGH in the first place. 

I thought there would be a way to save it without HW tools.

Gracias!

Try powering the console with the DVD Eject button as suggested and see if Xell boots, if so all is not lost 

• Like 1

Hey! I guess it's not lost, just had tried that out, I did get Xell's load screen but it becomes a red screen with some sort of hexa code and, at the end it says that I can either:

Xell, Halt or reboot.

Hope there's still hope. Thank you guys!

If your 360 is Nand based, you can try to flash it over Xell. Can you post a Screenshot of the red screen ?

Hey! I guess it's not lost, just had tried that out, I did get Xell's load screen but it becomes a red screen with some sort of hexa code and, at the end it says that I can either:

Xell, Halt or reboot.

Deattach everything except regular AV-Cable and Power cable, then try again. I had that error to, there was something wrong with my DHCP-Server so XELL crashed

Transmitted by Elephone P3000s

• Like 1

Deattach everything except regular AV-Cable and Power cable, then try again. I had that error to, there was something wrong with my DHCP-Server so XELL crashed

hi man, thanks for the advice... but in my case the problem is that i'm stupid!

i erased the dash.xex from the xbox flash, so no cables removal will bring that one back, haha.

If your 360 is Nand based, you can try to flash it over Xell. Can you post a Screenshot of the red screen ?

It is Nand based, I actually have the flashdmp.bin that I made yesterday, if that counts for something.

I tried to get the screenshot from that huge red screen but now it remained in the blue screen instead and it says:

Looking for files on local media and TFTP...

and it tries so send packets that fail, and it tries again and it's been like that for a few minutes, I guess I liked the red screen better, it at least gave me options.

Put your rgh image on fat32 usb stick. The Image should be named to updflash.bin. Connect the usb stick to your 360 and boot in xell.

i erased the dash.xex from the xbox flash, so no cables removal will bring that one back, haha.

Dude, it's for xell...

and secondly: burn down a flat, accidentally kill almost yourself by drinking sirups, delete system32, tillt an xbox with dvd spinning, ... and then we can talk about stupidity

Put your rgh image on fat32 usb stick. The Image should be named to updflash.bin. Connect the usb stick to your 360 and boot in xell.

I tried that and it started saying that it detected stuff, but also not detecting it and it kept that way for several minutes, I guess nothing really happened.

First time I tried it the stick had one other file and it failed, once I deleted that other file it started doing what I said above, so I guess it at least recognized the USB!

and secondly: burn down a flat, accidentally kill almost yourself by drinking sirups, delete system32, tillt an xbox with dvd spinning, ... and then we can talk about stupidity

I see, I'm sorry! I'll find the regular AV cable and Ill try that out.

If your xell is too old, it wont work. You can use rawflash also, to flash your Image. Move the Xenon.elf from Rawflash to Usb Stick and the Image that you want to flash and boot in xell again. Its important that you rename your image to nandflash.bin. Otherwise rawflash wont recognize the image on your usb stick.

I tried it out and it didnt work, it just does the same.

All of a sudden the XboX doesn't matter much anymore... please tell the story about the syrups.

If your xell is too old, it wont work. Use can use rawflash also, to flash your Image. Move the Xenon.elf from Rawflash to Usb Stick and the Image that you want to flash and boot in xell again. Its important that you rename your image to nandflash.bin. Otherwise rawflash wont recognize the image on your usb stick.

Let me see... it says:

Xenon Linux Loader v0.993-git-7466

It's a special version for Corona.

I have no idea if that's too old, I'm sorry.

I'm still puzzled about that red screen though, I thought it would keep popping up.

I have no idea about rawflash so I'll look it up, get it and try that alternative.

Thanks so much!!

DC

With your Xell version, you should be able, to update your 360 over Xell, if your 360 is Nand based. If your 360 rgh is mmc based, it wont work over xell.

I tried it and it does something different, it boots from the usb and it says:

launching elf

device tree prepared

executing

(loses signal, never comes back).

If it does read the pendrive: isn't there a way to boot from there into something that would install the nand... like the simple nand 360 something that I used in the first place?

Thanks again!

DC

Let me see... it says:

Xenon Linux Loader v0.993-git-7466

It's a special version for Corona.

I have no idea if that's too old, I'm sorry.

I'm still puzzled about that red screen though, I thought it would keep popping up.

I have no idea about rawflash so I'll look it up, get it and try that alternative.

Thanks so much!!

DC

With your Xell version, you should be able, to update your 360 over Xell, if your 360 is Nand based. If your 360 rgh is mmc based, it wont work over xell.

Just to see if we can figure that out:

I dont know what MMC is.

I used Simple 360 Nand Flasher and AutoGG to follow some instructive I found and got to update my version, and I kept that nand that I mentioned before in the process.

OK I captured one of the quick msgs it sends out when it says "looking for files on local media and TFTP",

When I don't have the pendrive on they say, with different files:

"TFTP 192.168.1.98: updxell.bin... MMC Detected!"

"Console Detected! Skipping uda0: updflash.bin... "

Same msg with updxell.bin

Is that bad news?

Xell, Halt or reboot.

The red screen means there was a unhandled error somewhere in xell/libxenon, it could be related to any hardware connected or something specific with your console... only way to find out is to remove all hardware attached to the console that isn't essential for it to work (meaning anything except for the video and power cables)

Sent from my SM-G903F

The red screen means there was a unhandled error somewhere in xell/libxenon, it could be related to any hardware connected or something specific with your console... only way to find out is to remove all hardware attached to the console that isn't essential for it to work (meaning anything except for the video and power cables)

Sent from my SM-G903F

thanks! that bit didnt happen again.

just blue screen searching forever for items that wont find.

How big was your dump? Did you add .bin to the name? (Windows hide the extension by default and you may have named it "updflash.bin.bin" instead...

Just because you have flashdmp.bin doesn't mean it's nand based, if the dump is 48mb it's actually mmc based and needs hardware to be fixed

Sent from my SM-G903F

In this case you can not repair by yourself because there are several problems with the point of death ....!

How big was your dump? Did you add .bin to the name? (Windows hide the extension by default and you may have named it "updflash.bin.bin" instead...

Just because you have flashdmp.bin doesn't mean it's nand based, if the dump is 48mb it's actually mmc based and needs hardware to be fixed

Sent from my SM-G903F

Hi there,

It's 48mb big and the .bin extension wasn't duplicated as part of the name.

I guess the problem is that it's MMC based, then.

I can't believe I ruined it by erasing that file! 

Thanks for all the support everyone!

Hi there,

It's 48mb big and the .bin extension wasn't duplicated as part of the name.

I guess the problem is that it's MMC based, then.

I can't believe I ruined it by erasing that file! 

Thanks for all the support everyone!

Indeed, it's MMC based, XeLL told you that aswell, i just missed that when reading on my phone...

It's easy to make misstakes that can do some serious damage to these consoles if you don't know what you're doing, therefor... one shouldn't ever do anything without reading about it from someone well known or multiple people first...

Indeed, it's MMC based, XeLL told you that aswell, i just missed that when reading on my phone...

It's easy to make misstakes that can do some serious damage to these consoles if you don't know what you're doing, therefor... one shouldn't ever do anything without reading about it from someone well known or multiple people first...

I guess I learned the hard way!

I guess I'll take it back to the mod shop to get it fixed.

Thanks so much everyone for replying so quickly to all my msgs. When I get it back, if I want to do something to it, I know where to come first!

Damian

• Like 2