RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Shuraim Ahmet

Weird line appearing bottom of lcd

Hey guys i have this weird white line appearing at the bottom of my laptop screen can anyone tell me what it could be caused by? I wnat ot post a video of it as well but this forum wont allow me to do so.

Thanks.

Weird lines on the screen of a laptop can be caused by 2 things. either the video card in your laptop is going out, or the screen is going out. Do you get the lines on an external screen? if not, the problem is the screen, if so, the problem is more than likely the video card, which most likely is built into the motherboard or CPU. 

• Like 2

I wnat ot post a video of it as well but this forum wont allow me to do so.

Use youtube =)

Hi Swizzy thanks. I've posted the link here.

https://youtu.be/5e1ataLeILw

If I had to take an educated guess, which, considering what I do(Fix Computers) on that video, I would say it is the screen. Try hooking it up to a TV, or vga monitor, and see if it has lines on that screen. I have found these lines are usually vertical, and either green, or purple in color. sometimes they are red, blue, or other, but usually not. good luck, and if it is the screen, you should be able to get a suitable replacement online for $50 or less. ;) 

• Like 2

If I had to take an educated guess, which, considering what I do(Fix Computers) on that video, I would say it is the screen. Try hooking it up to a TV, or vga monitor, and see if it has lines on that screen. I have found these lines are usually vertical, and either green, or purple in color. sometimes they are red, blue, or other, but usually not. good luck, and if it is the screen, you should be able to get a suitable replacement online for $50 or less. ;)

Thanks Mate. I connected it via hdmi port and everything seems fine there so yup means problem is screen. One more thing i have also got a problem with one of the hinges its lose on one end can it cause lcd to unbalance?

Thanks.

Thanks Mate. I connected it via hdmi port and everything seems fine there so yup means problem is screen. One more thing i have also got a problem with one of the hinges its lose on one end can it cause lcd to unbalance?

Thanks.

If the hinge isn't properly seated it could be that the cable is slightly damaged causing the issue as the cable that connects the LCD with the motherboard usually go within/alongside one of the hinges ;)