RealModScene
StaticPulse

Is it possible to use Clonezilla to image PS3 or Xbox 360 drives?

I see a lot of people messing up their rigs and I often get service calls to rebuild someones RGH mod so I'm wondering if it's possible to image either of the drives for quick data recovery.

If one doesn't exist I'm guessing this is another thing to add to the bucket list of stuff that would be a pretty useful utility I think.

Should be doable, if the drive is the same size, as I dont know if you can change the partition tables sizes. There is also the SS to worry about.

Should be doable, if the drive is the same size, as I dont know if you can change the partition tables sizes. There is also the SS to worry about.

I just want to be able to back it up to my server as an img and be able to restore it or clone it and expand (If larger drive) or whatever... wouldn't the SS read like a MBR? Like you're drive mirroring, it will copy that also, it should at least..

I just want to be able to back it up to my server as an img and be able to restore it or clone it and expand (If larger drive) or whatever... wouldn't the SS read like a MBR? Like you're drive mirroring, it will copy that also, it should at least..

XB360 should be doable for sure, PS3 is not... PS3 is encrypted per-console and cannot be read at all by a PC afaik (if memory serves me right the PS3 hdd is fully encrypted, including the mbr)

XB360 should be doable for sure, PS3 is not... PS3 is encrypted per-console and cannot be read at all by a PC afaik (if memory serves me right the PS3 hdd is fully encrypted, including the mbr)

Good to know on the 360, sucks for the ps3 but it makes sense... At least keeping archival volumes for the 360 is doable. I'm about to just build a basic drive and make an image of it so in the future when people ask me to do mods I can just ghost the image to the drive and it should be good to go. Just need to configure the  unity login after that. 

Much much faster way for sure!

It should be doable, but I dont know if there is an app that can expand the partitions.

With regular PC/mac drives I'd use gparted but I doubt that'd work in this case.. =\

Keep in mind the security sector of retail discs may be lost in the process btw

Sent from my SM-G903F

It didn't work for the original xbox even the data didn't transfer.I think i did attempt to do the 360 & it was a wasted exercise from a 1tb to another same model 1tb.

Best use a small drive to a same small drive as a test.You'll have to use sector by sector as neither windows or linux can see the partitions using the normal clone function

• Like 2

I'll dig around and see if I still have some junk phat drives (10-12GB) and do a test. Just finished doing my cars suspension yesterday so now I can clean out the shed and re-organize some tools and parts to get to my console junk...

• Like 1

if the drive is the same size, I would start up any linux distribution, and as root try something like dd if=/dev/sda of=/dev/sdb bs=2048 and see if that works. where sda is the drive you want to copy and sdb is the drive to copy to.

• Like 1

if the drive is the same size, I would start up any linux distribution, and as root try something like dd if=/dev/sda of=/dev/sdb bs=2048 and see if that works. where sda is the drive you want to copy and sdb is the drive to copy to.

That a great approach. I'll give it a shot when I sit down to do it.

Got the suspension installed, still need to replace my sway bar end links and either re-thread or replace my front drivers side wheel hub. Just  need to clean up and reorganize so I can get to my stuff again.

• Like 1