RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
bololabich

Changing x360 region (RGH)

I have a few NTSC games for classic xbox but my x360 is PAL and if the PAL version of the same game doesn't support 60Hz then the NTSC game is forced to run at 50Hz which causes glitches and slowdowns. I've already tried region spoof from DashLaunch (with US NTSC region code) but it doesn't work at all so I want to change the region of my console. How can I do that? I've only tound this short tutorial http://team-xecuter.com/forums/threads/46130-Change-DVD-key-and-Game-Region-Code-on-Xbox360-(CPU-key-required) (sorry that I'm linking another forum :( ) Is it still actual? Where can I download "flashtool" and how to upload (I already know that it can be downloaded through Xell from browser) the modified file back to the console?

• Like 2

In XeBuild GUI you can build a new RGH Image with the Game Region (in XeBuildSettings) of your choice. You can find a step-by-step-Guide, (and all other stuff you need) to build and flash your RGH Image here.

• Like 2

E aí pessoa?! Sou novo no assunto conto com a ajuda de vcs para aprender mais a respeito, como vejo qual é minha versão de DASH LAUNCH ? sei que minha RGH  Ã© 3.0b Rev775 mas não sei onde ver, e se tem como ver a versão da DASH vlw aí pessoal! E  e desculpa se esse tópico não tem nada a ver rsrs

In XeBuild GUI you can build a new RGH Image with the Game Region (in XeBuildSettings) of your choice. You can find a step-by-step-Guide, (and all other stuff you need) to build and flash your RGH Image here.

While I like your idea, this shouldnt make any difference, as the TV is still PAL. Correct me if I am wrong, but the game is thinking it should be running at 60Hz, and the TV is running at 50Hz. If the system starts running at 60Hz, because of the image on the console, wouldnt that cause problems for all of the games? Just a thought. ;) I would get online and see if there is a pal version of the game, and see about getting that(However you may, I dont want to know.) Most countries dont want you to download backups of a game you already own, but instead want you to backup your own copy. It might also be possible(Depending on game) to patch the default.xex to expect a pal region instead, which would fix the problem, or just replace the file from a pal version of the game. Dont ask for it here. ;)

E aí pessoa?! Sou novo no assunto conto com a ajuda de vcs para aprender mais a respeito, como vejo qual é minha versão de DASH LAUNCH ? sei que minha RGH  Ã© 3.0b Rev775 mas não sei onde ver, e se tem como ver a versão da DASH vlw aí pessoal! E  e desculpa se esse tópico não tem nada a ver rsrs

This is a english forum, please speak english

While I like your idea, this shouldnt make any difference, as the TV is still PAL. ;)

The Xbox 360 is rendering all stuff internally in NTSC. If your 360 is connected to your HD TV with HDMI cable, its is furthermore NTSC. The exception would be, your Xbox 360 is connected with Scart cable to your TV. In that case the Xbox 360 Scaler/GPU would convert the NTSC signal to Pal.

• Like 2

I have a few NTSC games for classic xbox but my x360 is PAL and if the PAL version of the same game doesn't support 60Hz then the NTSC game is forced to run at 50Hz which causes glitches and slowdowns. I've already tried region spoof from DashLaunch (with US NTSC region code) but it doesn't work at all so I want to change the region of my console. How can I do that? I've only tound this short tutorial http://team-xecuter.com/forums/threads/46130-Change-DVD-key-and-Game-Region-Code-on-Xbox360-(CPU-key-required) (sorry that I'm linking another forum :( ) Is it still actual? Where can I download "flashtool" and how to upload (I already know that it can be downloaded through Xell from browser) the modified file back to the console?

dont use that tool.. you can use Swizzy's XeBuildGUI to make your changes to the nand, just hit advanced mode.. and your options of changing the game region, video mode, ect. will be under the xebuild settings tab

• Like 2

While I like your idea, this shouldnt make any difference, as the TV is still PAL. Correct me if I am wrong, but the game is thinking it should be running at 60Hz, and the TV is running at 50Hz. If the system starts running at 60Hz, because of the image on the console, wouldnt that cause problems for all of the games? Just a thought. ;) I would get online and see if there is a pal version of the game, and see about getting that(However you may, I dont want to know.) Most countries dont want you to download backups of a game you already own, but instead want you to backup your own copy. It might also be possible(Depending on game) to patch the default.xex to expect a pal region instead, which would fix the problem, or just replace the file from a pal version of the game. Dont ask for it here. ;)

You are wrong ;) all HD TVs in EU run at 60HZ and 99.9999% of these old ones as well ;) but acording to PAL standart they should run at 50Hz but I have seen only one old, no-name TV without 60Hz support and when I connected to it PS2 (PAL) and tried to run a game with 60HZ settings (on PS2 you could choose between 50 and 60 in settings of some of the games) than it didn't work ;)  Furthermore I have used Japanese Nintendo Famicom and Super Famicom (both NTSC) through AV and euro-scart RGB on old CRT PAL-SECAM TVs and modern ones and I can say that TV is not a problem at all ;) The problem is that even though games are NTSC 60Hz (from japan), x360 forces them to 50Hz. 

To sum up... 

I can use XeBuild to create an dashboard update witch should change my system region to NTSC as well? 

I'm totally snowed under the work so I'll have some time at the weekend to try to do this :( Thanks fro your response :)

I can use XeBuild to create an dashboard update witch should change my system region to NTSC as well? 

Of course.

In XeBuild GUI switch to advanced Mode and push the XeBuild Settings Tab in the right side of the XeBuild GUI Window. You can choose now under the tab Game Region, your favourite Game Region and Video Mode.

xebuildguirtkbz.png

• Like 3

You are wrong ;) all HD TVs in EU run at 60HZ and 99.9999% of these old ones as well ;) but acording to PAL standart they should run at 50Hz but I have seen only one old, no-name TV without 60Hz support and when I connected to it PS2 (PAL) and tried to run a game with 60HZ settings (on PS2 you could choose between 50 and 60 in settings of some of the games) than it didn't work ;)  Furthermore I have used Japanese Nintendo Famicom and Super Famicom (both NTSC) through AV and euro-scart RGB on old CRT PAL-SECAM TVs and modern ones and I can say that TV is not a problem at all ;) The problem is that even though games are NTSC 60Hz (from japan), x360 forces them to 50Hz. 

To sum up... 

I'm totally snowed under the work so I'll have some time at the weekend to try to do this :( Thanks fro your response :)

I understand this, but as I live in the US, I havnt had a PAL tv to test any of this on, so it was a misguided theory. lol. I do know that I have a PAL based PS3 in a box, but havnt had time to mess with it. I do know that it looked funny on my NTSC screen, and needs a disc drive. :( Was thinking about hacking it when I have some money, since it has been updated.) :(

I understand this, but as I live in the US, I havnt had a PAL tv to test any of this on, so it was a misguided theory. lol. I do know that I have a PAL based PS3 in a box, but havnt had time to mess with it. I do know that it looked funny on my NTSC screen, and needs a disc drive. :( Was thinking about hacking it when I have some money, since it has been updated.) :(

Speaking of.. i had bought a ps2 that had a mod chip in it.. worked in the store, cuz the hdtv auto sourced it to pal.. but when i got home took me a while to figure out the modchip was set to pal video hahah..
  • Like 1

Thank you for help, I've done everything according to the manual and it works ;) I've tried changing to NTSC USA at first but it didn't work, when I flashed it and dumped back again it was still on PAL but then I tried to change to Japanese (all my games are PAL or NTSC-J from Japan anyway...) and it did work :)

• Like 2

By the way , does here anybody knows , how is actually Devkit\All region working ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

By the way , does here anybody knows , how is actually Devkit\All region working ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What do you mean?

What do you mean?

I mean , does it actually let you run pal and ntsc games without any difference in visuals , or it just let you running those games (despite video mode) and visuals depend of your TV ?

I mean , does it actually let you run pal and ntsc games without any difference in visuals , or it just let you running those games (despite video mode) and visuals depend of your TV ?

Yeah mate, like swizzy said.. video output is dependant to the tv mate.. cant force a 60hz tv to run in 50hz, and visa versa.. altho alot of newer tvs will change appropriately.. there are plenty that will not do it..
  • Like 2

In your case not. The hacked Xbox 1 Emulator is able to play all regions. Like I said, in your case  it is immaterial whether (game, video) region you spoof.