RealModScene
steevieboy4u

New Hard Drive - Transfer Aurora Games etc

Can anyone please advise?

I had a 1tb external USB hard drive and all was working well I had all the title updates, covers installed on it just fine.

The hard drive was starting to get quite full so I've bought a 2tb external drive. So I formatted it with my 360, I then copied everything from the 1tb to the 2tb drive.

Trouble is now when I plug the 2tb drive into my 360 I can see all the games etc but all the covers are dark and nothing will launch?

What have a done wrong or what do I need to do to sort this out?

Thanks

Setup your Game folders and scan again for your new HDD. Aurora should find all your Games and download your Covers (where available).

Can anyone please advise?

I had a 1tb external USB hard drive and all was working well I had all the title updates, covers installed on it just fine.

The hard drive was starting to get quite full so I've bought a 2tb external drive. So I formatted it with my 360, I then copied everything from the 1tb to the 2tb drive.

Trouble is now when I plug the 2tb drive into my 360 I can see all the games etc but all the covers are dark and nothing will launch?

What have a done wrong or what do I need to do to sort this out?

Thanks

The reason is that each device have a unique ID, the new HDD don't have the same ID, thus they're no longer detected, you can add a new path for the new hdd (doesn't matter what it is) then update the database with the ID from that on your PC

OK, thanks for all the replies. So Ive deleted the old scan path and added the new one (same path new drive) It's now started to download the game covers, does this mean I will have to download all the title updates again though? Will i lose all my save game data as well? :-(

If you use a new HDD, you have to download your needed TUs again. If your profile and gamesaves are stored on the (old) 1TB HDD, move your data to usb memory stick and later back to your new 2 TB drive.

OK, thanks for all the replies. So Ive deleted the old scan path and added the new one (same path new drive) It's now started to download the game covers, does this mean I will have to download all the title updates again though? Will i lose all my save game data as well? :-(

Gamesaves and TU's should still be there and in the DB, associated with the game by it's TitleID/MediaID/BaseVersion combination

It should show them when you check your games =)

Thanks lads (assuming you are :-) ) title updates etc are still there.... Thank goodness.

Now let's get this extra 1tb filled :-D

• Like 1

Hi.

A quick question regarding flipping this original question on its head...

I want to re-use an old hard drive I have used with Aurora before (with the same paths etc.)

If I reformat the hard drive (it is currently not FAT32) - will it maintain the same device ID in Aurora (as it did before)?

If so, I presume I can just put the games in the directories already specified by the Aurora database?

~ Chris.

Hi.

A quick question regarding flipping this original question on its head...

I want to re-use an old hard drive I have used with Aurora before (with the same paths etc.)

If I reformat the hard drive (it is currently not FAT32) - will it maintain the same device ID in Aurora (as it did before)?

If so, I presume I can just put the games in the directories already specified by the Aurora database?

~ Chris.

It should yes

Sent from my SM-G903F

Titile Update may contained improvements & fixes for Games. They are available over the Dashboard Aurora and various Websites.

Interesting, so that's what Title Update does.

and Aurora does that automatically? does this change the actual ISO rips I have on the HDD or it's non destructive, adding additional files in /Content?

sorry for hijacking the thread, but what are title updates? and where do you get them?

Title Update, quite self explanatory as to what it is imho, it's a update for a Title, a game...

You can find them on XBOXLive in general, but also some can be found on pages like xboxunity.net (user uploaded) and other websites on google, Aurora uses xboxunity to download these updates for you tho and gives you the correct one for your version of the game :)