RealModScene
WENY

How to: Update DASHLAUNCH?

Hello.

First if i duplicate the topic please close this subject. 

So, I want to UPADTE (not Instal) Dashlauch from 3.16 to 3.17. Cause ofc i have a 3.16 :D, And now if i think good, After download the file from this froum :D We need to put the new DashLauch 3.17 to pendrvie and move to Xbox 360,( anywhere we want, for me is a HDD1>Programs>Dashlauch) and start new dash right?. I ask because what will happen with old version? 

Second question after update/instal how can i change the language? I ask because in the folder Dashlaunch 3.17 is located a rar. file(skin_src) and default language is a ENGLISH I guess?  

1: Copy the 3.17 Dashlaunch into your HDD and just start it. It will ask whether update or not :) Old version will be overwritten with the new one
2: Dashlaunch determine automatically the system language of your xbox. In case of problems, it should use the english language but I'm not sure since I'm german :D

skin_src is only if you want to theme dashlaunch (useless IMHO)

• Like 1

THX, i will update/instal right now :D

Edit: 

Update and works THX, you have a 100% right

I don't recommend updating JUST dashlaunch, it's better to update the whole kernel and everything in one go... using my tutorial below...

Yes ofc, but first i want to update a dashlaunch becasues is easy to do , i will update all system but first i read and learn your tut:D

Yes ofc, but first i want to update a dashlaunch becasues is easy to do , i will update all system but first i read and learn your tut:D

There's no point updating dashlaunch before you update the kernel, dashlaunch is installed in your NAND and will be overwritten by the new kernel update... so... you're wasting write cycles of the NAND

There's no point updating dashlaunch before you update the kernel, dashlaunch is installed in your NAND and will be overwritten by the new kernel update... so... you're wasting write cycles of the NAND

Pfff, that couple of 500 possible cycles ^^

Pfff, that couple of 500 possible cycles ^^

Alot more then 500, but... everytime you change your console settings, it rewrites certain sectors of it... even every time you boot it may write something to the nand...

It's the little things that get you in the end ;)

Sent from my SM-G903F