RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Harsh Vardhan

Burning XGD3 on cheap media,mostly for Indian users

Hello everyone. 

I have been reading everywhere on the internet that only Verbatim Discs are good for burning XGD3 games as they use azodye but apart from all the speculation on the internet regarding cheap discs I went to the market and bought a cheap Moser Baer Dual layer DVD which costs around 0.3 Usd for each disc. 

I tried to burn MGS 5  which is an XGD3 game on it after running it through Abgx360 and enabling burnermax for my liteon, the burn was successful the verification passed too. 

Now it was time to test it on my Ixtreme 360 . I inserted the disc and EUREKA !! The game worked flawlessly. After that I tried many more XGD3 games and all the games worked flawlessly on the 360, there has not been a single problem till now. 

Before I am ripped off by the users telling that it's a not possible I would request everyone  here to get a Moser Baer disc if it's available in your country and try burning the game on it as I am from India and every second disc here is manufactured by Moser Baer only. Infact they  are the manufacturers for Indian Verbatims too.

And for Indian users , you can get any discs like National , Double Rainbow or any other cheap media available at your location as all the discs here are manufactured by Moser baer only and the companies just use it as OEM. 

So this exactly isn't a tutorial but just a request for every user who can get a Moser Baer disc , to check and burn XGD3 format on it and see if it worked for them too. 

I am open to suggestions and criticism if it doesn't work out. Please leave your comments below.

Moved to other topics, as this is not a tutorial, it does not belong in the tutorial section. Interesting Findings though. I have read elsewhere that other discs can work, but that verbatem discs are the most reliable.

• Like 1

Moved to other topics, as this is not a tutorial, it does not belong in the tutorial section. Interesting Findings though. I have read elsewhere that other discs can work, but that verbatem discs are the most reliable.

Thank you for moving this to the correct section. Hope this post helps some users on this forum. 

Thank you for moving this to the correct section. Hope this post helps some users on this forum. 

that isn't the only disc that can be used.. BUT i will tell you, that some modifications have to be done before hand.. as the model of the disc pops up and is checked against what is in the burnerpayload.. some cheap ass DVD DL has been used.. and have worked.. you just have LESS of a chance of messups with VERBATIM discs, as they are quality made, versus just plopping some crap out that "might" work..

would be good to note if you didnt have to change anything in your setup, because just maybe the discs you use are showing up as MKM-001 or MKM-003 in the program.. other discs have to be "tricked" into being verbatiums or payload tool has to be changed to identify the disc as useable..

• Like 1

that isn't the only disc that can be used.. BUT i will tell you, that some modifications have to be done before hand.. as the model of the disc pops up and is checked against what is in the burnerpayload.. some cheap ass DVD DL has been used.. and have worked.. you just have LESS of a chance of messups with VERBATIM discs, as they are quality made, versus just plopping some crap out that "might" work..

would be good to note if you didnt have to change anything in your setup, because just maybe the discs you use are showing up as MKM-001 or MKM-003 in the program.. other discs have to be "tricked" into being verbatiums or payload tool has to be changed to identify the disc as useable..

Well as I mentioned Moser Baer are the oem for Indian verbs . Could that be a reason that it works ? I know Singapore Verbs Mkm-001 and 003 are the best for burning but I am just saying maybe that's the reason it worked for me.

Hi Harsh,

I tried using both Moser-baer and Double National but my XGD3 disks fail at finalisation (@99%). Any help in rectifying this would be appreciated.
FYI: Burnermax payload works on my drive and says enabled.

Also pls share your imageburn settings