RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Harsh Vardhan

Help needed in updating the console.

Hello. I am a new learner to modding . I got a 360 slim with dashboard 16537 and it has been rgh'ed . I was trying to update my Kernel to  17489 as I was unable to play few games which required a newer Kernel version than 16537. 

I tried dumping my nand through Simple 360 but whenever I try opening the flashdump on XEbuild I am getting an error stating Can't determine if it is a big or small block NAND. 

I am quite sure I followed the previous steps correctly but don't know why this error shows. I am attaching a screenshot so you guys can have a better understanding of my problem. Please help me out of this as I am stuck and don't know how to proceed now. 

Any help would be deeply appreciated. Thank you =)

post-74330-0-30480100-1461058581_thumb.png

• Like 1

Read the tutorial in my signature below, it explains how to handle 4GB Corona consoles, that's what you have if your dump is 48MB, otherwise it's a bad dump which you need to do again with a different USB memory or something with more space on it...

Read the tutorial in my signature below, it explains how to handle 4GB Corona consoles, that's what you have if your dump is 48MB, otherwise it's a bad dump which you need to do again with a different USB memory or something with more space on it...

Yes the NAND size is 48Mb. Will follow your tutorial for Corona 4Gb and try updating the console tomorrow . Thank you very much for the help Swizzy =)

Hello Swizzy. I am getting an error for the CPU key "Unable to decrypt Kv. Either it's corrupt or the cpu key you entered is wrong" . Any suggestions about what should I do now?

Hello Swizzy. I am getting an error for the CPU key "Unable to decrypt Kv. Either it's corrupt or the cpu key you entered is wrong" . Any suggestions about what should I do now?

Take a deep breath, read my tutorial, it explains everything you need to know about 4GB Corona specifically... checking your CPUKey is not possible with xeBuild GUI with 4GB coronas because it doesn't understand the way the data is stored in your nand, xeBuild on the other hand does, and that's what really matters, the GUI is mainly meant to be a convenient way of getting all the command line arguments in the correct order etc. etc. based on your input in the GUI... i haven't updated it to actually support 4GB Coronas due to several factors... it requires a huge re-write of it, and i kinda lost motivation to actually do that some time ago when i was working on doing that...