RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
lsgegc

Using Aurora without Dashlaunch, is it possible?

Hello All!

I have copied Aurora 0.5b into my xbox hdd. However I do not want to use Dashlaunch since I would like to connect via system link to my brother's xbox in the same room.

Basically even with a router without internet connection we are able to connect and see games in the lobby via the Xbox's native system link and so we do not need Dashlaunch and the "system link" via Unity and the "LiNK" features.

However we both love the Aurora 0.5b launcher but are struggling to have it launch on boot without Dashlaunch or without digging into XEX or FSD file system... hence the question...

"Is it possible to use Aurora 0.5b without Dashlaunch"

It will be sad to see that we will have to give up on Aurora if using Dashlaunch is compulsory in order to set it (Aurora) to launch on the Xbox(s) booting everytime. Why is Aurora dependent on Dashlaunch?

I hope my use case scenario makes sense to all.

Thanks in advance :)

Hello All!

I have copied Aurora 0.5b into my xbox hdd. However I do not want to use Dashlaunch since I would like to connect via system link to my brother's xbox in the same room.

Basically even with a router without internet connection we are able to connect and see games in the lobby via the Xbox's native system link and so we do not need Dashlaunch and the "system link" via Unity and the "LiNK" features.

However we both love the Aurora 0.5b launcher but are struggling to have it launch on boot without Dashlaunch or without digging into XEX or FSD file system... hence the question...

"Is it possible to use Aurora 0.5b without Dashlaunch"

It will be sad to see that we will have to give up on Aurora if using Dashlaunch is compulsory in order to set it (Aurora) to launch on the Xbox(s) booting everytime. Why is Aurora dependent on Dashlaunch?

I hope my use case scenario makes sense to all.

Thanks in advance  :)

I don't believe the problem here is with dashlaunch... If I remember correctly, you need to disable the Freestyle plugin in Aurora for local system link games. Otherwise it always tries to connect over the internet to LiNK.

Without dashlaunch (launch.ini actually, dashlaunch is the configurator), you will only boot to NXE... and will get your console banned by M$ (due to no liveblock).

• Like 4

What if I replace the NXE/Metro Dash XEX with the XEX from Aurora?

Maybe redirected to the HDD with the files?

Even if that worked, what would be the point? Launching Aurora without dashlaunch seems silly in this case, you still have to disable the freestyle plugin to use local system link.

There is a reason XeBuilds include a launch.ini, so your flash partition has one. Then even if you accidentally delete the one in your hdd/usb you are still protected. I just don't see a reason to have a JTAG/RGH without dashlaunch.

• Like 2

I don't believe the problem here is with dashlaunch... If I remember correctly, you need to disable the Freestyle plugin in Aurora for local system link games. Otherwise it always tries to connect over the internet to LiNK.

Without dashlaunch (launch.ini actually, dashlaunch is the configurator), you will only boot to NXE... and will get your console banned by M$ (due to no liveblock).

Actually, Dashlaunch comes in 2 parts which are generally part of the NAND at build time (launch.xex and lhelper.xex) these are what really is dashlaunch, the configurator/installer is what many call "Dashlaunch" tho because that's what they see, lhelper/launch.xex don't present themselves visually, unless you look in flash:\ on the console...

But yes, the FSD Plugin is what prevents local systemlink

What if I replace the NXE/Metro Dash XEX with the XEX from Aurora?

Maybe redirected to the HDD with the files?

Wouldn't work because game:\ isn't mounted when dash.xex is loaded, and Aurora would crash because it cannot use anything located in "game:\..." which is where it loads skins etc. etc.

Dashlaunch is needed even more for a system without aurora, as the freestyle plugin handles all of the disk swapping, etc. You can create a shortcut in nxe that will launch aurora.xex file. You can use the app to create launchers for everything. google quicklaunch nxe jtag, and I bet you find it. But if you are doing all of this, just to play local system link, I would suggest unloading the freestyle plugin, or  stopping it from loading at boot. then you can use aurora, and not be forced to play on link. ;) 

• Like 1

Actually, Dashlaunch comes in 2 parts which are generally part of the NAND at build time (launch.xex and lhelper.xex) these are what really is dashlaunch, the configurator/installer is what many call "Dashlaunch" tho because that's what they see, lhelper/launch.xex don't present themselves visually, unless you look in flash:\ on the console...

True dashlaunch is more than just any one file, I didn't figure any of the other files would be very useful without instruction from launch.ini though. Didn't mean to make it sound like launch.ini was the only thing DL installed, lolz.

You can use NXE version of XEX Menu v1.2. It will show as demo game in NXE's game list. Then you can run Aurora by XEX Menu v1.2. That way you can use Aurora without dashlaunch when needed.

• Like 2

You can use NXE version of XEX Menu v1.2. It will show as demo game in NXE's game list. Then you can run Aurora by XEX Menu v1.2. That way you can use Aurora without dashlaunch when needed.

Some features don't work without Dashlaunch tho (mainly downloading covers etc.)

Hey Admin, you may want to close this topic, since my issue is resolved.

Thanks, once again!

We don't close discussions because an issue was resolved, we close them if the discussions is going out of hand or similar...

Sent from my SM-G903F

You sell trainers.. but you make this noob mistake?? Just wow.. dashlaunch is in the nand.. doesnt matter if you chose to go thru nxe or xexmenu, dashlaunch is still there.. only "true" way to not use dashlaunch would be to not include dashlaunch at nand build..

Edit: you can go into dashlaunch and unload also

hello, 

I have a problem with my XBOX 360 , I had setup online mode ( aurora 0,5 + dashlunch 3,15 ) when I run the test every think is ok, but when i run the games its still ask me to conect to xbox live . 

any help PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

PLZZZZZ next time add some photos of your error.. Or atleast write what exactly the error is saying.. Or atleast tell what game are you trying to play.. And by online mode i think you mean LiNK right?.. Your problem maybe solved by updating the kernel or it needs a compatibilty pack or something else.. Or are you trying to play on xbox live?

• Like 1